Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Just caught up with the latest episode of Broken. I'm struggling with it to be honest. Might knock it on the head
  • Options
    Anyone watching The Loch? Not convinced by it, especially the accents
  • Options
    Just completed The People v. O. J. Simpson: American Crime Story. Fascinating and shocking. The cast are all on top form.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

White Gold - probably one of the worst things I've seen in years. Even the actors look embarrassed to be in it.

Dunno if I'd go quite that far, but watched thew first episode and thought it was pretty terrible. Was getting the hard sell from the Beeb too which, to be fair, they usually only do with their better stuff but this would have felt like old hat if it was broadcast in the eighties, not just set then.

James Buckley and Joe Thomas are playing the exact same characters they played in the Inbetweeners ( which says more about their inability to act ) and as for Ed Westwick who plays Vincent Swan , I just want to punch him he's so slimy.
    I know it's meant to be set in the 80's when you could get away with much more but this is just vile sexist shit just for the sake of it and i'm no prude. As you can tell I hated it.
  • Options

I'm half way through the first episode of Riviera. Hate it, I think my other half likes it to spite me.

I'm watching this as well - not really sure what to make of it:
  • Options

I'm half way through the first episode of Riviera. Hate it, I think my other half likes it to spite me.

I'm watching this as well - not really sure what to make of it:
    It feels like a big budget Jilly Cooper story.
  • Options
    Just watched the final episode of season 2 of Billions. Great show IMO. And Maggie Siff & Malin akerman ... wow !
  • Options
    skywalker said:

Just watched the final episode of season 2 of Billions. Great show IMO. And Maggie Siff & Malin akerman ... wow !

Maggie Siff alone is worth watching Billions for.
  • Options

skywalker said:

Maggie Siff alone is worth watching Billions for.
    I have an irrational dislike for Maggie Siff. Worst part of sons of anarchy by far.

That said, Billions is excellent. Series 2 over series 1.

For true guilty pleasure drivel though, everyone should be watching ballers. Where none other than Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson plays a financial advisor.

I would imagine the template for which was a few of those crazy FAs on here - you know who you are ;)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Not new but Misfits is on Amazon Sky/NOW TV Box Sets. Love it.

Well after series two that went very, very shite.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Couldn't bring myself to start a new thread about Love Island so posting it here. Chris has been cracking me up, the guy is so Brent, none more so than last night....
  • Options
    Talal said:

Couldn't bring myself to start a new thread about Love Island so posting it here. Chris has been cracking me up, the guy is so Brent, none more so than last night....

He's absolutely brilliant. Some of the stuff he says I don't know how he keeps a straight face.

Muggy Mike plays for Welling.
  • Options

White Gold - probably one of the worst things I've seen in years. Even the actors look embarrassed to be in it.

Dunno if I'd go quite that far, but watched thew first episode and thought it was pretty terrible. Was getting the hard sell from the Beeb too which, to be fair, they usually only do with their better stuff but this would have felt like old hat if it was broadcast in the eighties, not just set then.

James Buckley and Joe Thomas are playing the exact same characters they played in the Inbetweeners ( which says more about their inability to act ) and as for Ed Westwick who plays Vincent Swan , I just want to punch him he's so slimy.
    I know it's meant to be set in the 80's when you could get away with much more but this is just vile sexist shit just for the sake of it and i'm no prude. As you can tell I hated it.
    I like it, and my missus nearly had a seizure laughing at the "dogging" scene in episode 2.
  • Options
    @Talal give it to Chris now. Unreal the bloke.
  • Options

@Talal give it to Chris now. Unreal the bloke.

Not seen it yet but can just imagine.
  • Options
    watched "hospital" on BBC2. series about the workings inside St Mary's Hospital in Paddington. 1st episode started with a routine meeting that was interrupted by a mobile phone going off telling them to get ready for urgent admissions from the Westminster Bridge attack. terrific stuff & shows that the NHS does work really well, despite all that is said about it.

You can keep your Netflix, box-sets & American "dramas" - cant beat a true british documentary.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Are you seeing this lads... Love Island is hilarious
    Wellings Muggy Mike is on his way back for pre season!
  • Options
    New series of Killer Women with Piers Morgan started tonight.
    Fascinating series.
  • Options
    I've just finished the first season of Handmaids Tale. Brilliant story, beautifully shot, I can't recommend it enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chris on Love Island is hilarious. The guy has got to win.

He also looks just like a slimmer version of our manager Mr Karl Robinson...

• Options
    Just started watching Blacklist, really not sure if I'm enjoying it or not.
  • Options
    Saw Line of Duty mentioned a few times in this thread and I finally got around to watching it this week, albeit just series 3. It's absolutely fantastic!!! One of the best TV shows I've ever watched. I'm going to watch series 4 tomorrow.
  • Options
    many people said each series in line of duty was stand-alone.
    However, I watched it in order and would recommend that instead.
    A lot of stories etc in each of series 1-3 are all referenced in series 4.

And as for series 3, it's almost a complete follow on from series 2. Almost blends into one story imo
  • Options
    I thought the Fargo finale was really good. It felt a bit more 'definitive' than previous endings then I enjoyed the final scene.

I'll miss Varga from this season, he was an excellent villain. They do have a way of creating unique, memorable characters and antagonists in Fargo (Malvo being my favourite).

Has anyone here watched 'El Chapo' on Netflix? It basically looks like a Mexican 'Narcos' (in a positive way).
  • Options

Saw Line of Duty mentioned a few times in this thread and I finally got around to watching it this week, albeit just series 3. It's absolutely fantastic!!! One of the best TV shows I've ever watched. I'm going to watch series 4 tomorrow.

You are in for a treat
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    This weeks episode of Broken was as jolly as ever
  • Options

Haha, yeh.
    Gritty and real though. I like it.
  • Options

Haha, yeh.
    Gritty and real though. I like it.
    For some unknown reason, I found myself quietly blubbing towards the end of this penultimate episode.

Silly old c*w!
  • Options
    Missed this tonight will catch up tomorrow.

He must be the unluckiest priest going.