Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Whoever recommended Sharp Objects is a legend.

Watched it over the past week and wow, fantastic.

Reminded me of True Detective (the excellent first series, not the disappointing 2nd).

Where are you watching it? did you have to download it etc. I see they aren't due to put on netflix or sky anytime soon, so might have to find it elsewhere. Love a bit of Amy Adams
    Streamed it.
    I can understand why some people gave up after a couple of episodes as it is a slow burner at times (not as bas as some shows) but the last few episodes (and especially the final one) make it worth the wait.
  • Whoever recommended Sharp Objects is a legend.

Watched it over the past week and wow, fantastic.

Reminded me of True Detective (the excellent first series, not the disappointing 2nd).

Where are you watching it? did you have to download it etc. I see they aren't due to put on netflix or sky anytime soon, so might have to find it elsewhere. Love a bit of Amy Adams
    Streamed it.
    I can understand why some people gave up after a couple of episodes as it is a slow burner at times (not as bas as some shows) but the last few episodes (and especially the final one) make it worth the wait.
    Can you PM me the details please mate, do i have to download something to do it. Let me know

Currently about 5 Episodes into Power, not really getting into it. Its good but doesn't make me want to complete it in a week. Slowly but surely
  • Did anyone see the new ITV thing last night with John Simm?

It was on Monday night. Seems like it could be a good storyline but some of the acting by the Hong Kong police wasn't great.

It was ok, wasn't anything special but worth a watch. Reminded me of the last one he did (was it innocence? ), half expecting him to the be the villain again. Will keep watching for now
  • Valley11 said:

Been looking for a new series so checked out Sharp Objects on Now TV, due to recommendations on here.
    Started the first episode and thought it felt a bit weird - but assumed it was a flash forwards or backwards and all would become clear in ep2.
    When it finished I realised I’d just watched the last episode, in which the plot was all tied up in a neat bow.
    Argh!!!!!!!!

Oh my lord I would actually cry. :lol:
    Even worse it’s such a good series, wouldn’t be as bad if it was a bit crap
  • Watched all four available episodes of Bodyguard and really enjoyed it. I'm a big fan of Line of Duty and this new series is also quite good I think (not as great as Line of Duty though). Looking forward to the upcoming episode this weekend.
  • Just watched the first episode of Sharp Objects. Too creepy and the trailer for the second episode at the end makes it more like a horror film. Not sure if I'll continue but I'm curious so will perhaps do it in the daytime next weekend. I almost never watch horror films and this series seems scary at times....
  • Just watched the first episode of Sharp Objects. Too creepy and the trailer for the second episode at the end makes it more like a horror film. Not sure if I'll continue but I'm curious so will perhaps do it in the daytime next weekend. I almost never watch horror films and this series seems scary at times....

I'm not a fan of horror films, Sharp Objects isn't a 'make you jump' sort of thing, it's more psychological thriller than horror.
    Creepy yeah, but no jump scare moments etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Watching Killing Eve at the minute as we missed episode 1 last night on our way home from Bradford

It's a kind of black comedy series - rather quirky but unique, and we're enjoying it so far.
  • Watching Killing Eve at the minute as we missed episode 1 last night on our way home from Bradford

It's a kind of black comedy series - rather quirky but unique, and we're enjoying it so far.

We enjoyed it too. Very enjoyable.

Whole series available on iplayer too
  • Enjoyed the first 3 episodes of Bodyguard, thought tonights and last weeks was a bit crap. Expecting a huge twist for the finale so will definitely watch it but it's not a patch on Line of Duty.
  • Bodyguard is a bit of a step in that they still don't know where the bomb was planted. Forensics on that should be relatively simple.

I'm not a fan of horror films, Sharp Objects isn't a 'make you jump' sort of thing, it's more psychological thriller than horror.
    Creepy yeah, but no jump scare moments etc.
    To be honest in the first episode when the young Camille went to the coffin where her sister was lying I was scared that the sister would suddenly open her eyes etc. I agree the series is not exactly of the horror genre. I think it's just me generally being scared of creepy stuff. :joy:
  • Will there be a second season of Bodyguard or is it too early for BBC to decide? I noticed quite a few new American series these days got confirmed for two seasons even before they were aired/went online.

We enjoyed it too. Very enjoyable.
    Is that you and Golfie?
  • Started Line of Duty after reading about it on here.

Enjoying it, however the constant use of zoom is doing my absolute head in!
  • edited September 2018
    Monkman and Seagull's Genius Guide to Britain. Forget your Jack Ryan box sets and your Bodyguard, this is where the action is! Love 'em.

• Sponsored links:

• Not everyone's cup of tea because it is so niche but really enjoying The Art Of Drumming series on Sky Arts.
  • edited September 2018

Not everyone's cup of tea because it is so niche but really enjoying The Art Of Drumming series on Sky Arts.

I’m recording this.

I always hear the drum patterns first when listening to music.

I’ve always fancied having a go at it but never tried it out. I probably should as I get caned every day at work for ‘pen drumming’.
  • I watched some of this last night & never realised there was so much to it. Diddles & double diddles my arse. Just hit the bloody things.
  • Saving Eve looked good on first viewing but not sure about the lead UK women. Any idea what she's been in before ?
  • Jodie Comer? Was excellent in Thirteen.
  • Doctor Foster - she was the husbands affair and 2nd wife.
  • Have watched the first 3 episodes. Quite quirky and easy viewing.
  • edited September 2018

Not everyone's cup of tea because it is so niche but really enjoying The Art Of Drumming series on Sky Arts.

thanks for the heads up on this one .. I watched the first episode on sky catch up .. brilliant, not just a drumming history but also a reflection on the whole 20c musical development and beyond .. I was especially pleased to see 'Rival Sons' stixman Michael Miley featured (amongst a whole host of superb drummers), one of the most melodic of contemporary rock powerhouses .. great stuff
  • Just catching up with the latest series of No Offence. Very good, a cross between the bill and shameless.
  • So, Bodyguard finale tonight.

Obviously a nonsense programme, but very entertaining - really enjoyed it.

Looking forward to seeing how they wrap it up.