Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Just finishing Get Shorty on Now TV. Not sure how I missed it last year but really enjoying it.
    Mexican cartel trying to launder cash through a movie. Chris O Dowd is great, Ray Romano surprisingly good.
  • Josh Whedon to executive produce a new series of Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
    Never watched it myself but most online reaction is not good. Majority seem to want it left alone, unspoilt.

Dreading it and he must be bored or struggling for money(dont see how it could be the money) but only last year he said that he would never reboot buffy as it would only damage the shows reputation
  • Just finished season 3 of Billions on Sky Atlantic. Really enjoyed it and the final two episodes were superb. Can’t wait for season 4.
  • Just started on McMafia, two episodes in and enjoying it so far.
  • Watched the first couple of episodes of Sharp Objects on Sky Atlantic last night, could be a good one but hoping they move the storyline along a little quicker.
  • RedPanda said:

Did anyone watch the new Sascha Baron Cohen show ('Who is America?') last night? If so, any good? I might watch it on catch-up. Cheers.

Quite enjoyed it, made me think of facejacker with all the different guises. The morons talking about guns... wow, and can't believe that woman actually gave him some of her pubes!
  • Just finished season two of Westworld . What a load of old tosh . God knows why I committed to the end because I still don’t have a clue what was going on .

That’s a shame. I really enjoyed S1.
  • edited July 2018
    Talal said:

RedPanda said:

Did anyone watch the new Sascha Baron Cohen show ('Who is America?') last night? If so, any good? I might watch it on catch-up. Cheers.

Quite enjoyed it, made me think of facejacker with all the different guises. The morons talking about guns... wow, and can't believe that woman actually gave him some of her pubes!
    Is it definitely all real? The one with the art dealer seemed to ridiculous too be true. I’m guessing the gun one is real as they were presumably talking with legit politicians.
  • Just finished season two of Westworld . What a load of old tosh . God knows why I committed to the end because I still don’t have a clue what was going on .

That’s a shame. I really enjoyed S1.
    So did I . But season 2 was all over the place !
  • se9addick said:

Talal said:

RedPanda said:

Is it definitely all real? The one with the art dealer seemed to ridiculous too be true. I’m guessing the gun one is real as they were presumably talking with legit politicians.
    I think so, some arty types are just a bit nutty. Tracy Emin probably would've got her growler straight out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Really enjoyed the second series of Cardinal which was on BBC4 last night. The first series was on last year and is available now on iplayer. Canadian cop drama series - very well acted imo.
  • A fairly easy watch but enjoying Unforgotten on ITV so far.

Watched 2 episodes of 'Keeping Faith' on BBC but thought it was pretty dull and 2 hours of my life I won't get back! couldn't bring myself to watch the remaining episodes.
  • se9addick said:

Talal said:

RedPanda said:

Only the clinically gullible can fall for SBC's current crop of 'characters'. I know we're dealing with yanks here but fuck me they're not taken in surely? There's loads of mileage in the topics SBC addresses but satire has to be done with finesse, less is more, let the gun toting white supremacist fucktards ridicule themselves. I've watched the first 5 - 10 minutes of each one and they make Family Guy and American Dad look sophisticated. They don't hang together for me as completely genuine.
  • Been enjoying The Good Place on netfix. Very easy to watch comedy fantasy.
  • Better Call Saul back tomorrow on Netflix! Yippee!
  • Pedro45 said:

Better Call Saul back tomorrow on Netflix! Yippee!

I loved Breaking Bad, but didn't take to Better Call Saul at all
  • Bodyguard starts on BBC1 on Sunday 26th
    Makers of Line Of Duty. Looks good.
  • Just started Ozark on Netflix. 2 episodes in and I recommend it.
  • A fairly easy watch but enjoying Unforgotten on ITV so far.

Watched 2 episodes of 'Keeping Faith' on BBC but thought it was pretty dull and 2 hours of my life I won't get back! couldn't bring myself to watch the remaining episodes.

I hadn't seen Unforgotten before this series so we went back and watched Series 1 & 2 on catch up too - really good show. Simple formula but well acted and keeps you guessing.
  • Sponsored links:

• looking for new series to watch on netflix, heard Power is decent so might start watching that? Alot of pages on thread so hard to read back at reviews.

Just finished Orange is new black new series, 13 reasons why before, both very good. Still go back to GOT every so often and rewatch.
  • looking for new series to watch on netflix, heard Power is decent so might start watching that? Alot of pages on thread so hard to read back at reviews.

Just finished Orange is new black new series, 13 reasons why before, both very good. Still go back to GOT every so often and rewatch.

Power is excellent but I’d say Narcos or El Chapo .
  • edited August 2018

looking for new series to watch on netflix, heard Power is decent so might start watching that? Alot of pages on thread so hard to read back at reviews.

Never heard of either, whats better? would you put ahead of power or all along the same level

PS- also any older series like Breaking bad, never seen. I watched first 2 of House of cards which i enjoyed but never got round to the rest.
  • Narcos is magnificent. El Chapo is very good. Enjoy.
  • Got 1 episode of Get Shorty to watch and dont want to watch it as dont want it to be over.
    Sharp Objects, finished the book and enjoying the programme and how they made it come to life.

Picnic at Hanging Rock finished yesterday. I dont think there was a single episode where i either ended up on here reading or falling asleep or both.

Anyone watching Succession with Brian Cox ? we have recorded it all but not started yet.

Never heard of either, whats better? would you put ahead of power or all along the same level

PS- also any older series like Breaking bad, never seen. I watched first 2 of House of cards which i enjoyed but never got round to the rest.
    I would go as far to say that Narcos is the best thing on Netflix . El Chapo is not quite as good but if you like the genre you will love it.

I would go as far to say that Narcos is the best thing on Netflix . El Chapo is not quite as good but if you like the genre you will love it.
    Thanks @Bedsaddick will put them both on my radar
  • Pedro45 said:

Better Call Saul back tomorrow on Netflix! Yippee!

I loved Breaking Bad, but didn't take to Better Call Saul at all
    Breaking Bad was good, and BCS has its moments but i'm not excited about the new season frankly
  • Talal said:

RedPanda said:

I've really enjoyed it just as its so baffling that anyone can take it seriously. The people seem real to me, the guy in the most recent episode who SBC got to bite a fake cock to avoid being beheaded was all over the news saying he was going to sue Sacha now. Apparently the very last episode in the season is just unbelievable.