Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Missed It said:

The giant big black cat in Catford featured in Strike last night. Never quite worked out why!

You're lucky if that was the only thing you couldn't work out in Strike. I had no clue what was going on with the whole show!
    The book goes into quite a lot of depth on the 3, I did wonder how it would translate in only 2 hours. Haven't seen the second episode yet so will have to see!
  • Options

Missed It said:

The giant big black cat in Catford featured in Strike last night. Never quite worked out why!

You're lucky if that was the only thing you couldn't work out in Strike. I had no clue what was going on with the whole show!
    The book goes into quite a lot of depth on the 3, I did wonder how it would translate in only 2 hours. Haven't seen the second episode yet so will have to see!
    I did wonder if missing the previous series wasn't helping me. A bit like Line of Duty, which I only got in to after the latest series and had to go back and watch the old ones to figure out the long story behind it all.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Missed It said:

I did wonder if missing the previous series wasn't helping me. A bit like Line of Duty, which I only got in to after the latest series and had to go back and watch the old ones to figure out the long story behind it all.
    Think each series is quite standalone, apart from the recurring policemen etc. I suspect it's just a lot to fit into 2 episodes.

In the book there are intermission chapters from the point of view of the killer which also gives extra clues and helps the big reveal at the end make sense.
  • Options

Missed It said:

Missed It said:

Think each series is quite standalone, apart from the recurring policemen etc. I suspect it's just a lot to fit into 2 episodes.

In the book there are intermission chapters from the point of view of the killer which also gives extra clues and helps the big reveal at the end make sense.

That's a relief, I'm not losing my marbles after all. I usually end up having to explain what is going on to my mum with these sorts of shows, but I needed somebody to explain it all to me first!
  • Options
    Black Mirror renewed for a 5th season. Great news but really surprising, Black Museum felt like an ending to the series
  • Options
    Enjoyed strike. Wasn’t entirely clear what was going on half of the time but was fairly compelled by the will they won’t they relationship between the two main characters. I really thought he’d get his leg over (I can only apologise) but it wasn’t to be.
  • Options
    I think they were pushing it trying to get the 3rd book into just 2 episodes.
  • Options
    rina said:

Black Mirror renewed for a 5th season. Great news but really surprising, Black Museum felt like an ending to the series

I'm glad its renewed, one of my favourite shows, was slightly disappointed by S4 though. Curious to hear why you thought that felt like the end of the show though?
  • Options

I think they were pushing it trying to get the 3rd book into just 2 episodes.

Agreed, caught up last night and despite it being my favourite book of the three, I think it was the worst of the three on the TV. A also because the twist is telegraphed a mile off on TV whereas it's not at all in the book given the lack of visuals....
  • Options
    For anyone who has seen all of Save Me (if not look away now....)

Was the auction actually for Jody, or for the other girl? Not sure we found out?

And surely Suranne Jones could have found another £3000, sell her motor or something?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018
    -------SPOILERS------------

Was the auction actually for Jody, or for the other girl? Not sure we found out?

And surely Suranne Jones could have found another £3000, sell her motor or something?

We didn't find out. She could have been in one of the many other caravans and he got there too late. Could have just been a look-a-like.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

-----SPOILERS--------

I think it's left to personal opinion. Personally, I took it that the auctioneers and/or guy that owned the club never said it was definitely Jodie, but someone who fitted the description.

The ending was that Nelly may not have found Jodie, but he's managed to save another poor girl from abuse & that made it worth it for him. The search for Jodie will continue.

That was my take on it
  • Options
    How creepy was that old bloke in the club?

If someone asked you to draw a nonce then it wouldn’t be far off.
  • Options

How creepy was that old bloke in the club?

If someone asked you to draw a nonce then it wouldn’t be far off.

He had really weird eyes, seemed to be almost all pupils.
  • Options
    Bit late to the party but watched episode one of Orange is the new black, was ok first episode but will need to watch more to make any judgements. recorded of Demand but didn't realise they kept doing them so need to use mates netflix for next 6 episodes then i can start watching on TV.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I am 3 episodes into Save Me. It definitely contains some excellent writing and acting and interesting plot lines. I especially like the observation about the two characters who started a relationship a number of years ago when the girl was 15 but whose lives are seemingly forever blighted by the fact he is now on the sex offenders register and constantly in danger of being outed as a 'nonce' in the local community.

However, there are a couple bizarre scenes I can't get my head round. The first is where the girl makes her way across London, via Waterloo Station to Deptford. The father is then seen getting on a local bus in Deptford/Lewisham whilst been followed by a policeman and then jumps off the bus and runs a few blocks to lose the policeman and then ends up outside the house from where the girl set out on her not short journey to Deptford.

The other is the Karoke scene. What kind of drugs or how much alcohol would see a mother behave like that a day or two after discovering her daughter has been abducted?
  • Options
    For fans of European drama, started Spanish series La Casa de Papel (Money Heist) yesterday, its about a group of criminals brought together to pull off the perfect heist at the building where money is printed and needless to say things don't go according to plan.

Really really good, 15 episodes in the series and it's on Netflix now.
  • Options

For fans of European drama, started Spanish series La Casa de Papel (Money Heist) yesterday, its about a group of criminals brought together to pull off the perfect heist at the building where money is printed and needless to say things don't go according to plan.

Cheers I had that saved but was put off by the 15 episodes. Recently finished Lava Field, an Icelandic thriller which was good. Also an East/West German thriller called The Same Sky which was very similar to the More 4 one but for @PragueAddick attention it stars Sofia Helin.
  • Options
    Finished Gomorrah last night. Almost tempted to start a new thread on it as it's so good. Won't spoil it for others but what an ending .
  • Options
    Watched seven episodes of American Crime Story Season 2 - The Assassination of Gianni Versace. I loved season 1 which is about the OJ Simpson case. Season 2 has a completely different style and some parts are a little bit disturbing. Interesting story nevertheless and I'm waiting for the final two episodes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

rina said:

I'm glad its renewed, one of my favourite shows, was slightly disappointed by S4 though. Curious to hear why you thought that felt like the end of the show though?

---spoilers coming up, do not read if you've not seen season 4 of Black Mirror----

because, to me, the burning down of the black museum complete with artefacts from various stories came across as symbolic of the programme ending. it's pretty much impossible to have a proper ending for a series of individual stories but this would have been a perfect way of doing it. I'm glad that my interpretation was wrong though
  • Options
    rina said:

rina said:

---spoilers coming up, do not read if you've not seen season 4 of Black Mirror----

I hadn't thought of it like that but can totally see what you mean. Interesting point. I'm glad its carrying on though (I deleted what you wrote from the quote so that it doesnt spoil the episode for anyone)
  • Options

Great reviews elsewhere too, I'll give this a try and thanks for the rec.

Just started season 2 of Sneaky Pete, good first episode.

• Options
    I enjoyed the final part of Requiem, but it didn't really make sense as the explanation agrees.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/feature/a850712/requiem-bbc-ending-explained-meaning/
  • Options
    Going against the grain as everyone seems to love it but I found Save Me pretty boring. Found it hard to stay concentrated on it, didn't really care about any of the characters.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Going against the grain as everyone seems to love it but I found Save Me pretty boring. Found it hard to stay concentrated on it, didn't really care about any of the characters.

Mrs SB and I didn’t get on with it either.
  • Options
    Finished Altered Carbon the other day, quite enjoyable but not quite as gripping as I was hoping it would be, kind of feel like it could have been 7 episodes not 10. Definitely worth a watch and the violence was good as was the Blade Runner-esque style it was in. Definitely an interesting concept as well. To be fair my mates who've watched it loved it. Was almost worth it just for the female latino cop in it. Phwoar.

7.5/10
  • Options
    On the Scandi front, I am watching Below the Surface on BBC4. It is Danish, but it is NOT the Danish State TV team that created The Killing and Borgen, but a Discovery Channels unit, and it shows. The characters are nowhere near as complex or subtle as we've come to expect, and at the end of episode 4, the storyline just took a turn into la-la land. Mediocre

Meanwhile BBC4 are bigging up the return of the Belgian series, Salamander. I remember that it was quite OK, not least for the way it threw a light on Belgium as a corrupt little country run by a masonic group of bankers and businessmen. One of them might have been a micro-electronics magnate. Not sure it is worth the hype though.

Where the actual is The Bridge?????
  • Options
    Really enjoying Before we Die which concludes next week on Channel 4. On Netflix would recommend the Icelandic series Border Town, based close to St Petersburg. A good watch.
  • Options

Really enjoying Before we Die which concludes next week on Channel 4. On Netflix would recommend the Icelandic series Border Town, based close to St Petersburg. A good watch.

We're watching this one too & it's a very decent series.

Looking forward to the climax ( oooer !)