Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nandos

Is it just me, or is it all spice and no flavour? Had it tonight and very unimpressed. Except the macho peas were nice.

Don't get the fuss at all, people queue for it in Bluewater when there's loads of other places half empty!

Daft man's Harvester. And the spicy salt is like chip spice but not as good.

Comments

• Options
    I thought it was just me.
  • Options
    The flavour is nice, depends where you go, the one at The O2 is amazing, gotta try the one by Cutty Sark soon
  • Options
    I agree I don't get what the fuss is all about? Give me a Wimpy and chips anyday!
  • Options
    Poshed up KFC

And that's not a compliment
  • Options
    Serious question. Do Wimpey still do Benders ?
  • Options
    I like it but most of my friends love it, I don't really understand why tbh.
  • Options
    Well over priced for what it is. Marketing bluff.
  • Options
    KFC I do like. In a 'I know it's so bad but I've got a hangover way and it's so good' sort of way. Big Daddy burger is basically the perfect chicken burger.

And SHG I believe so, not that I've been in years - bender in a bun!
  • Options
    Yes they still do a Bender in a Bun I believe
  • Options
    Yes, they're no snobs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2012
    I don't under all the fuss, had it a couple of times and the chicken was small and dry. Fashionable with da kids tho.

Give me a tower fillet from KFC instead.
  • Options
    Well over priced for what it is. Marketing bluff.
    Is it? Costs about a tenner for half chicken and a couple of sides, go to any chain restaurant and you pay pretty much a tenner for any main meal. I think Nandos is fine, quite like it sometimes but don't know why there are always so many queues, its not that good.
  • Options
    Nandos is the one! Medium half chicken, 3 hot hot wings on the side, spicy rice and corn on the cob. The chicken is about 5 times the size of the pissy shite you get from KFC. Best thing about my local nando's is the scandanavian hostess, she is something else
  • Options
    When my daughter passed a school entrance exam a couple of years ago I said I'd take her to the restaurant of her choice, foolishly assuming she'd pick somewhere nice. She picked Finchley Nando's. Never again.
  • Options
    I like it but most of my friends love it, I don't really understand why tbh.
    Exactly the same.
  • Options
    Admit to never been to one. Give me a curry any day.
  • Options
    I love Nandos. Hot chicken and chips, no brainer for me.
  • Options
    Twitter has taught me that most lower division players spend their time in Nandos or thinking about Nandos.
  • Options
    nandos is decent but well over-priced. people make a lot of fuss over it and ive never understood why.
  • Options
    Massively overrated. Massively overpriced considering it's just chicken and a few mccains chips.

You can get a curry/chinese for the price of nandos chicken and chips
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Only ever been once , about 4 years ago ( In Stevenage ) . I found the sauce to be metallic tasting and the service sub standard. Hence the non return.
  • Options
    It's chicken, I'm not sure what the fuss is about.
  • Options
    Never had one, and don't intend to line up for one in bluewater. Jamie Olivers doesn't have cues and costs just as much so that's a no brainer for me, saying that give me a KFC and i'll be happy.
  • Options
    Admit to never been to one. Give me a curry any day.
    Absolute no brainier . Go to a Indian restaurant instead of Nando's every time .
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Nandos is the one! Medium half chicken, 3 hot hot wings on the side, spicy rice and corn on the cob. The chicken is about 5 times the size of the pissy shite you get from KFC. Best thing about my local nando's is the scandanavian hostess, she is something else
    Surely Nando's and KFC aren't competing in the same market ?

• Options
    Been once - totally agree. My son (bless him) covered everything in Nandos bollock-twanger bum burning sauce (or whatever its called) he was bleeding from his eyes and ears but apparently it was brilliant.

Give me a decent Ruby any day.

• Options
    Surely Nando's and KFC aren't competing in the same market ?

Why not? The food only takes an extra 5 minutes or so to get to you in Nando's, they both focus they're menu around chicken and they both have a sit down or takeaway service. The main difference is the overall feel of the place.

To me Nando's feels like a proper restaurant and the food is generally cooked to a high level, there is variety in the sides and the soft drinks are refillable. KFC tends to be overcooked, greasy and poorly portioned chicken, served with sub standard fries and over syrupy soft drinks, so for me it's a no brainer, i would choose Nand's everytime, and to hell with the extra cost, it's worth it
  • Options
    I am another who has been once, about 8 years ago. Can't remember much about it but obviously not impressed enough to want to go back.
  • Options
    Been once - totally agree. My son (bless him) covered everything in Nandos bollock-twanger bum burning sauce (or whatever its called) he was bleeding from his eyes and ears but apparently it was brilliant.

Give me a decent Ruby any day.

"Bollock-Twanging bum burning sauce"

Not sure Levi Roots would have got backing from the Dragons with that tag line but I'm sold on it !!
  • Options
    what about chicken cottage?