Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Alan Partridge

Comments

• Options
    That was brief
  • Options
    "Rare birds eggs are being scrambled for Russian Oligarchs and Bill Oddie goes ape shit"

Absolutely brilliant Partridge.
  • Options
    Here:

http://www.novamov.com/video/rww8zjnek65vd
    Is it impossible to watch it without that repetitive beat going on without paying?

Shame because novamov was great before.
  • Options
    New show about to start on BBC 1
  • Options
    Generally disappointing I thought. 
  • Options
    Couple of laughs but not classic partridge, hoping it’s just a case of easing him back in after a long absence 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simon's media wall was funny
    "You can't swipe from the home screen"
  • Options
    Alice Clunt aside, that was weak repetitive filler. Partridge is a grasping dimwit, we get it. I can't decide is partridge morphing into Richard Madeley or vice versa? Both as funny as they are competent
  • Options
    I was sadly disappointed. Klunt and giraffe man the only non-bad bits 😢
    It felt like they couldn’t decide to just do the show & show the vt clips or do it from the “crews-eye” view so they could shoehorn in a bit of Lyn instead of the VT filler, should have picked one and gone for a consistent approach 😬
  • Options
    Aye, it wasn't great.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Was really looking forward to this but with great respect it was very disappointing. Too much of the same theme for a 30 minute show. Coogan is such a huge talent, it seems almost sacrilegious to criticize him. Sorry Steve.
  • Options
    Very slow start, got better, some very funny lines, but not a patch on previous shows, hopefully will bed in
  • Options
    Not overly impressed. Doubt it did much for gaining a newer audience.
  • Options
    ‘It might just be a smooth, fat teenage boy’ had me laughing.
    And the ‘Partridge you wanker’ as he walked down the street.
  • Options
    Thought it was quality. 

Sometimes it's the acting and face expressions rather than one liners. 

Alice Clunt made me laugh loud at something for first time in ages. 
  • Options
    ‘It might just be a smooth, fat teenage boy’ had me laughing.
    And the ‘Partridge you wanker’ as he walked down the street.
    Those bits properly made me burst out laughing.

I'm definitely being under-critical because I love Partridge, but really enjoyed just seeing some new stuff. Probably not as good as the old AP, but 30mins of much needed proper telly amongst all the muck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alice Clunt aside, that was weak repetitive filler. Partridge is a grasping dimwit, we get it. I can't decide is partridge morphing into Richard Madeley or vice versa? Both as funny as they are competent

What do you mean by filler? 
  • Options
    Not a great start. Did laugh a fair bit at the awkward walk over to the TV screen. 

The character grew so much from the radio show, the good knowing me knowing you to the excellent 'I'm Alan Partridge', mid morning matters show and the film. thought this would be another progression of the character but It has the feel that we are just going back over old ground. hope for more in the coming episodes.
  • Options
    How many episodes it? 
    I don’t think they can just repeat a variation of that too often. 
  • Options
    How many episodes it? 
    6 episodes
  • Options
    How many episodes it? 
    not sure what direction they are taking the series but he was the guest presenter for one episode.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Episode 2:  Alan and the team host a special show dedicated to the memory of a much-cherished broadcaster.  With viewers in shock, it falls to Alan to handle this delicate situation as only he can.  But one man's loss is another's opportunity.
  • Options
    I thought it was quite bittersweet. Alan is moving out of straight buffoonery into a delicate space where PCness has gone since the character started. I now feel quite sorry for him as the cringe factor increases. I laughed out loud at the Clunt piece like everyone else but found the whole thing a bit of a rehash. That doesn’t make it bad as Coogan is brilliant at the mannerisms and his timing is spot on.