Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Alan Partridge

Anyone watching? Good so far.

On Sky Atlantic HD

Comments

• Bloody awful.

Not been one line anywhere near as good as the old Partridge.

• a few half decent jokes but nothing up to the standard of the original series.
  • Enjoyed it.
  • That was really awful, glad it ended.
  • Thanks for the info CH. I've put it on to record at 1am.
  • Pretty average I thought.

All of the previous AP iterations had good supporting characters for him to bounce off. This all just seemed a bit forced with AP carrying virtually all of the dialogue.

I had hoped for better.
  • That was really awful, glad it ended.
    Why didn't you just turn over the channel?
  • I was waiting for the laugh out loud gags....never came.

• I found it quite funny, but agree some of the old spark was missing. However, 'Veep', which followed it, had plenty of laugh out loud moments.
  • I found it funny. I'm not surprised that the posters on this site didn't, everything was always better in the past.
  • Sponsored links:

• It was quite funny but not at the same standard as previosu shows.
  • Thought it was brilliant tbh, it was filmed in the style of his first original series 'Knowing Me, Knowing You', you weren't following his life like in the '97 and '02 series, but rather you were watching his attempt at producing an interesting television show - which fails spectacularly. In fact in the original Knowing Me, Knowing Yule Christmas special he does a rambling sketch very similar to what was seen last night. The swimming pool interview, where he's partially drowning, and the dry slope skiing had me in stitches.
  • I think the whole program reminded me of the "Hamiltons Waterbreak" video he did in season 1 of "I'm Alan Partridge". Classic.
  • Thought it was brilliant tbh, it was filmed in the style of his first original series 'Knowing Me, Knowing You', you weren't following his life like in the '97 and '02 series, but rather you were watching his attempt at producing an interesting television show - which fails spectacularly. In fact in the original Knowing Me, Knowing Yule Christmas special he does a rambling sketch very similar to what was seen last night. The swimming pool interview, where he's partially drowning, and the dry slope skiing had me in stitches.
    The swimming pool was brilliant! I also like his reference to the black plague as flying aids.

All of the knowing me knowing you episodes are on youtube, as is the Christmas special. I think things really picked up after his TV show was axed. His autobiography is fantastic.
  • It made me laugh several times. If you listen to the audio book of Alan Partridge's life ( which is fantastic) , you will see it's worded very similar.

I liked it a lot.
  • We've just watched it and although he didn't hit the heights it wasn't bad: there were more smiles than laughs.

Nothing to do with anything but saw him last week in one of those odd late night Film4 movies playing 'Youth 2' circa '88.
  • really enjoyed it, sad in a way - he's a tortured & bitter soul is AP
  • Is it available online anywhere?
  • really enjoyed it, sad in a way - he's a tortured & bitter soul is AP
    Would fit in on here then...;-)
  • Agree it was more smiles than belly laughs but just good to see him again. Loved the pensive pauses and bowling on ahead of the "vicar" before shuffling back into shot and pretending to share his thoughts. We've been spoilt over the years and are probably just so used to his failings that they no longer shock us in quite the same way. As mentioned above Veep was good too.
  • Sponsored links:

• You lot must've gone to bed (it was a school night), Kathy Burke's 'Walking and Talking' was the show of the night.

All the other Partridge stuff was full on belly laughs, this one was sluggish at best.
  • Ah-ha. Smell my cheese.

Is it on anytime yet? Love the Partridge.
  • Is it available online anywhere?
    Don't know about online but it is being repeated twice tomorrow (Thurs.) on Sky Atlantic at 1.45 a.m and 9.45 p.m.
  • How can you not laugh at the editing of him drowning!?
  • Well, I would say this - I've been working here for 18 years, and in 1975 no one died. In 1976, no one died. In 1977, no one died. In 1978, no one died. In 1979, no-one died. In 1980... some one died. In 1981, no one died. In 1982 there was the incident with the pigeon. In 1983, no one died. In 1984, no one died. In 1985, no one died. In 1986... I mean, I could go on.
  • edited June 2012
    Here is the whole show

http://youtu.be/bQycFIDzgNw
  • I think the whole program reminded me of the "Hamiltons Waterbreak" video he did in season 1 of "I'm Alan Partridge". Classic.
    Now that was a classic!! Farmers on the bank - "Partridge you w*anker""!!! Partridge - we'll just edit that out!!
    I've got a cow on me!!
  • Available for all you non-Skyers in full here....briefly, I would imagine.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQycFIDzgNw