Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Farnborough or Eastbourne Air Show.....which do I choose?

We are planning to look after our 6 year old grandson for a weekend soon and we were thinking of taking him to see an air show. Looking on the internet it appears that Farnborough has plenty going on around the grounds to keep us all amused whilst Eastbourne seems geared up to find a nice spot on the beach and sit there waiting for the planes to come across.

I get the feeling we would all enjoy Farnbourough more however have any of you lifers been? If so what are your thoughts.

Comments

• Seems that Red Arrows won't be appearing at Eastbourne this year...if that helps your decision!
  • Not really fussed on that Matt, me and the missus have never been to one so dont really know what to expect.
  • Farnborough is much more hardcore, it's a proper trade show so there are many static aircraft on the ground and several large halls of trade stands (component manufacturers plus the likes of Rolls-Royce and Boeing) etc. Your grandson might love it... or he might get bored after a couple of hours. The air display goes on for several hours.

• Eastbourne is a nice day out whether their is an airshow or not, so if your grandson does get bored you would easily be able to entertain him there. A good tip....treat him to some fudge from the sweet shop on the Peir....very tasty.
  • Eastbourne, trust me Farnborough is an absolute nightmare with thousands descending onto the area. You won't get near the flight line.

Eastbourne is free, Farnborough is v expensive.

Lots of cheap shops in the town, rip off prices once you are inside the fence. Lots of other attractions for the 6 year old on the pier.

The display line up isn't brilliant, ok no Red Arrows as they are off to Russia, but there should be a good presence from the RAF and some civil stuff.

@Killerandflash the trade halls will be closed to the public on the Saturday and Sunday so I understand this year.
  • Eastbourne, particularly with a 6-year old. Plenty of other stuff to do as well. Plus being free if he wants to leave early then no money wasted.

• Not sure how far you can come or when but can I put a shout in for Bournemouth's airshow - bournemouthair.co.uk/ . It's also free, bang on the beach with loads of static displays, navy ships, beach assaults and all sorts of stuff going on for the kids (and growns ups!). And we do have the Red Arrows!
  • Does Biggin Hill air show happen any more?
  • Eastbourne, trust me Farnborough is an absolute nightmare with thousands descending onto the area. You won't get near the flight line.

Eastbourne is free, Farnborough is v expensive.

Lots of cheap shops in the town, rip off prices once you are inside the fence. Lots of other attractions for the 6 year old on the pier.

The display line up isn't brilliant, ok no Red Arrows as they are off to Russia, but there should be a good presence from the RAF and some civil stuff.

@Killerandflash the trade halls will be closed to the public on the Saturday and Sunday so I understand this year.
    Thanks BDL, I hadn't realised that the trade halls are now closed at weekends. I also hadn't realised how expensive the tickets were, now they've turned into much more of a general entertainment event, £35 for general admission??? I'm sure it was only £15-18 last time I went!
  • Does Biggin Hill air show happen any more?
    Nope :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't forget the Fudge on the peir.
  • Thanks for all the feed back guys, it looks like Eastbourne will pip it due to other things to keep a 6 year old happy.