Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Miki Roqué RIP

I know that this is a) lost in the moment of national disappointment and b) not something that perhaps most would look out for or be aware of, but I just want to put a post up on here as a tribute to Miki Roqué, a 23 year old central defender for my adopted Spanish club Real Betis (and ex-Liverpool youth) who sadly lost his battle against pelvic cancer today.

At the age of 22, he complained of a back injury after training, scans were undertaken and he was diagnosed with pelvic cancer shortly after. It seemed he was on the mend, I believe he was in remission at one point towards the end of last year, everyone thought he would be back to resume a promising career that could even have included international caps and he even made public/team appearances including most notably in January of this year. However, the news went quiet and today, just after kick-off in the England game it was announced that he had passed away in hospital, a fortnight before his 24th birthday.

Rest in Peace/Descansa en Paz Miki...

Comments