Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Car Insurance - Old fashioned broker

Sorry, a boring discussion. Anyone now a good 'old-fashioned' motor insurance broker? Someone you can talk unusual circumstances through with rather than a call-centre?

Comments

• edited June 2012
    I use a company called 'Charles Letchford and Sons' based in Ilford. They were recommended to me about 25 years ago by a friend who is an underwriter of insurance. They have been great and I have at times tried getting cheaper quotes online but they are usually better at it! Also, you speak to people in their offices in Ilford who are very helpful. Always been really helpful and competitive.
  • EA.

Sounds just the ticket - will give them a try. Thanks
  • I've used Lifelong 020 8651 2695 (used to be in Croydon but don't let that put your off) for one thing or another since the 1980's. Not alwasy able to beat the prices of some but usually in the same ballpark and as you say sometimes it's not easy to explain what you are after or if there are non standard factors to take account of.
  • I do most of my insurance through an old school friend - he's now a director of the brokers. It's been very beneficial to me when sorting problems. You don't get the personal touch with cheap insurance organised online.
  • BA, thanks, another option to try. SL, is your friend still with a brokers and if so, do you have the phone no.?
  • I use these guys , always been brilliant. Based in Gravesend

http://www.thegsigroup.co.uk/
  • BA, thanks, another option to try. SL, is your friend still with a brokers and if so, do you have the phone no.?
    He sure does - Jim Carelse, Steadman & Hozier 0208 651 2988. Anyone there will help you to be honest. I will PM you my real name so that they know to treat you like royalty.
  • Sorry, a boring discussion. Anyone now a good 'old-fashioned' motor insurance broker? Someone you can talk unusual circumstances through with rather than a call-centre?
    London & Kent next to Grove park station, ask for Gill ( spanner season ticket holder and my next door neighbour), good as gold.
  • B.D.P Insurance Services (Plumstead) Ltd

Address:58, Plumstead Common Road
    Postcode:SE18 3RD
    City/Town:London (London)
    Main phone:020 8855 7325Category:Car Insurance

I always used them when I first started driving and that was 35 years ago, they are still there and apparently you can walk in and talk to someone over the counter just like the old days