Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

London 2012

Are you looking forward to the Olympics or do you find it an inconvenience?

Comments

• Looking forward to it.

Despite my last year at work has been nothing but Olympics, but hey
  • Haven't really thought about it much to be honest. All about the Euro's for me.

Saw some gay bloke on tv the other week talking about this summers sporting events. According to him the football is taking a back seat this summer, with the Olympics being the main event.
    I wonder what more people will watch?
  • I'm going to the athletics on the first Tuesday and I can't wait . Apart from that I will watch the boxing and the football ( on the box ).
  • edited June 2012
    I got tickets fit a England mens hockey game, and in the next session we are off to woman handball, should be different never seen either live, looking forward to it.
  • Women's Beach Volleyball!!!! Oh Yeah BABY!!!
  • Got my athletics tickets yesterday.

Looking forward to the whole thing.
  • Hopefully it will all go to plan, doesnt really affect me work wise but will be watching it in the box. not too fussed about going but they did screw up on the tickets big time!
  • I think we should get behind team GB this summer bought myself a pair of flip flops to show my support! http://bit.ly/MMGdNK
  • I am looking forward to it should be an amazing spectacle and it will mean I can get some well earned rest from the work,

Will be magnificent
  • I'm still waiting for all the free tickets, t-shirts and other stuff the NLA promised us all but seems he just moans about working hard when from what I hear he's always on some jolly to Ascot or elsewhere:

: - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Looking forward to the two hockey matches I am going to and the womens football semi, but not looking forward to rail and road disruption, tourists walkjing slowly around london etc,.
  • edited June 2012
    Mens and Womens team sprint finals in the cycling, mens hockey, paralympic swimming, and a trip to my sisters at Ripley to see the mens and womens cycling road races.
    Not sure of the parking arrangements but hoping to cycle to East London to the events.

Some Taekwando just come on the market, might try for those too.
  • I think we should get behind team GB this summer bought myself a pair of flip flops to show my support! http://bit.ly/MMGdNK
    I think two Team GB cycling tops will be my next impulse buy.

• I can't wait. Going to the first athletics session on the 3rd and volleyball at earls court on the 6th.
  • Was the OP not established as a Nigel a while back? Just thought I'd mention that before we end up with 4 pages of pro versus anti Olympics posts.
  • edited June 2012
    i was about to erupt into a huge rant about the Olympics (had it prepared for such a thread, 10,000 words) but because like you Bournemouth, i also think the op is a nigel.
  • Ok. I'll hold back having a moan as well. Will enjoy the sport on the box. Going to the opening concert ( duran duran, stereophonics, snow patrol etc).
  • I'm really looking forward to it.

I've got Athletics, Football, Tennis and Boxing tickets and have taken 2 weeks holiday to watch the rest on TV.
  • If it's raining may watch some of it on the box....if it's hot and sunny I'd rather be on the beach......guess I'll be watching it on the box then knowing our weather.
  • Our tickets arrive today? Starting to fill its here now, just got to work out the best route. The boy wants to go over on the chair lift, anybody knows where it's depart from cost, and if it's near a BR station.
    Thanks
  • Sponsored links:

• Our tickets arrive today? Starting to fill its here now, just got to work out the best route. The boy wants to go over on the chair lift, anybody knows where it's depart from cost, and if it's near a BR station.
    Thanks
    Apparently you can use Oyster cards on there £3.50 I believe the single far is. Not sure of the nearest BR, suspect it Charlton.

• Ok man at millets. Thanks.
  • I don't find it an inconvenience but I am not interested in it at all so I will not be watching any of it.
  • Waste of money, from 7.30 this morning conways started removing the speed humps from my road so that VIPS don't have to go over them on there way to the events held at Woolwich, and guess what there putting them back afterwards.
    what a ridiculous waste of time, effort, resources and money