Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any One heard about this?.

Comments

• Options
    If you can afford to buy a phone outright then I've always thought this kind of deal is the way to go.

Think I'll be doing it in October.
  • Options
    I am in contract untill october,i have had a iphone3gs for over two years i dont use £37 worth a month any more this looks a good deal for £10 a month.Any decent price for a Phone that has apps etc to buy outright?.
  • Options
    What's the reception like and does it work aboard?
  • Options
    If you're in until October then more than likely the iPhone 5 will be out. You'll be looking at £400 odd quid for that though.
  • Options
    Not sure.

• Options
    If you're in until October then more than likely the iPhone 5 will be out. You'll be looking at £400 odd quid for that though.
    Can't afford that also dont want another iphone.Any cheaper phone you reconmend?.
  • Options
    Agree if you can afford to purchase a phone outright these deals are very good. Its worth knowing exactly what you use if you want to carry on with a contract, try this website http://www.billmonitor.com/ gives you a breakdown of exactly what you use and tells you what tariff you should be on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Can't afford that also dont want another iphone.Any cheaper phone you reconmend?.
    Just got a HTC one x on contract through Dailaphone for £26 a month for 100 mins (I never ring anyone) Unlimited text and 1.5g internet.

The battery life isn't great due to the 4.7 inch screen but just charge it every night and it's fine.

Cracking phone.

Or the Samsung galaxy S3 is great too.

Better than I-phone and you don't have to pay a bizzillion pounds for the hand set on a cheap tariff. Check out techradar website for in depth reviews and a run down of the best deals around.
  • Options
    They use O2 network, just ordered a sim, out of contract tomorrow
  • Options
    The Samsung G S3 looks a good phone.Thats what I don't like about iPhone you have to spend over £30 a month.Insurance is something like £12 a month for a iPhone rip off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They use O2 network, just ordered a sim, out of contract tomorrow
    What Phone you got? Where is it cheap to buy them? eBay good?.

• Options
    in fact, it's part of O2
  • Options
    Runs on the O2 Network, just like Tesco Mobile does.

It does work abroad but check on the site for the roaming charges. Bottom of the page.... http://giffgaff.com/index/pricing

The only support is via the web site.

I have a sim with them since the start but hardly ever used it as I couldn't top up via my work mobile scheme. So only used it a few times but managed to double the amount of credit I have on there. Cheap and cheerful and you can earn cashback from inviting others and also contributing in the forum.

They have had a few major outages over the last year as well.

You can get some cashback yourself by going via Quidco or similar http://www.quidco.com/giffgaff/

Also if you go via an existing users link http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/alanscoachdriver they get some cashback or enter their user name as a referral - alanscoachdriver.

Have a read of the forum to see if it's for you.

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Join-Considering-giffgaff/bd-p/Join_01

• Options
    Ordered a sim 2 days ago. Out of contract in september, my mum is giving me her iphone 4 when she's also out of contract. £10pm is an absolute steal and plus there's unlimited internet.

Can't wait to say goodbye to 3 mobile who are con artists.
  • Options
    Been using GiffGaff for a few months now. £10 a month does me. Uses O2 network. There was a problem a month or so back but otherwise very happy. I did try it abroad but expensive- seems you have to use pay as you go rather than allowance from the monthly 'goody bag'.
  • Options
    Can anybody tell me, which network provides the most efficient mobile internet?
  • Options
    Is it worth me getting one for my iPad then?
  • Options
    they're ok, been using it a while, you can top up using o2 vouchers...if you try asking about them in an o2 store they go a bit quiet about it and change the subject!
  • Options
    No, never heard of it.
  • Options
    Perfect for me as an expat who uses a UK SIM for a few weeks a year. Buy a goody bag for 10 quid plus a tenner for overseas texts and it does me for a whole trip. I have to use it every six months or it will expire but as roaming is more straightforward than Thai phone providers, I use it when I travel anywhere outside Thailand so not a problem. NB in Thailand you buy your phones; there are no contract deals like in the UK.

So, I recommend it to any overeas Addicks who are in a similar position to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've been using a T mobile Sim whilst I'm here, and I can't believe how many times I have to keep topping up. its only used for UK numbers, yet I'll do 30 quid in a week. I am on the phone a fair bit tbh. is the tariff rates a lot better with Giff gaff?
  • Options
    My mum has been on t mobile PAYG for years. She recently retired and as I have her a new phone I got her to go on a sim only contract loads of mins and texts for about £13.

She then wanted Internet and they do 250mb for an extra £2.50 a month which they call "basic Internet"

She asked for this and two months later they tell her she owes them about £60 . Had all sorts of rows with them and told them they can stick their contract at the end.

I've been with every network one to e or another and they're the only ones I would never go back to