Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wiggins to lead the team!

Bradley wiggins for team sky in tour de France that is.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/18532820

Comments

• General Charlton
  • Can't help thinking the exertion will harm his Olympic chances. Doubt many Aussies will do France.
  • I think his priorities are with the TDF now.
  • edited June 2012
    Wiggins will be going for the Time trail at the Olympics, which if he's fit he'll be favourite for, and will be there to support Cavendish in the road race.

The interesting thing will be whether Cav goes all the way to Paris, or bails by the pyrenees and worries about London
  • Not sure about favourite a fit and on form Tony Martin is seen as the stronger TT rider. Martin may be peaking for the Tour and Olympics though not showing it atm. Added to that Cancellara is a monster if he hasn't had to kill himself working for the Schlecks on the apporaches, and the foot of mountains. Surprised Flecha's work rate is not being utilised: maybe the Vuelta might be a real target for Froome with a tougher team this year.

But Rogers and Eisel will be the real leaders on the road, Wiggins will be guided by them, whilst he'll make decisions he's not a team leader that dominates like Armstrong or The Badger.
  • Should stick to football.
  • Surprised there was no place for Uran, could've been a mountain goat for Wiggo.

The interesting thing will be whether Cav goes all the way to Paris, or bails by the pyrenees and worries about London
    Think there's a strong possibility he'll bail out.

• I think his priorities are with the TDF now.
    He has said said the Olympics is a bit of a been, their and done that kind of thing. So yes the TDF is is main priority. I reckon he will get on the podium at least and he could very well win the whole thing which would be fantastic.

Also I reckon Froome will be Wiggins mountain goat. In the Vuelta last year Froome was fantastic on all of the climbs and left Wiggins for dead on most of them at the time. He could also be a dark horse for the tour and surprise a few.