Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MIDO SIGNS !!!

...For Barnsley

Comments

• Scared me.
  • What are barnsley thinking?
  • we're after Dido.
  • I'd be happier with miso.
  • I am quite partial to Pesto
  • I used to shop at Prestos!!!!
  • Good signing for them IMO.
  • Their new Vaz Te???
  • I saw how few comments and knew it would not be for us.

He will do a job at this level... For almost free I believe too. His wages are next to nothing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mido sings for his dinner.
  • I saw how few comments and knew it would not be for us.

He will do a job at this level... For almost free I believe too. His wages are next to nothing.
    Yes, doesn't he come from a very wealthy family- remember reading that at his last club he was "only" paid £1,000 a week when in the Prem.
    I wish I didn't live in Barnsley
  • Thank god it wasnt us...Now i have said that he will score against us probably in both games we play them this season.
    I wish I didn't live in Barnsley
    WIN
  • One of those players who Champ Man creators made out to be the next Pele but when he came to the Prem in real life (and for some reason everyone started calling him 'Meeedo') it never quite worked out. Still wouldn't be surprised if he's decent in the Champ though.
  • edited June 2012
    I saw how few comments and knew it would not be for us.

Yes, doesn't he come from a very wealthy family- remember reading that at his last club he was "only" paid £1,000 a week when in the Prem.
    they must have the Mido touch.
  • When he's fully fit, he's a real handful and knows where the goal is.
    Shame he spent the majority of his football career eating kebabs.
  • Sent my Barnsley supporting mate a text about this. I implied he might be a bit rubbish. The reply: 'if Mido makes it to October 20 he'll make you eat your words (if he doesn't eat them first)'. Sums it up pretty well I'd say
  • It was never in doubt :-)

Barnsley manager Keith Hill has confirmed Egyptian striker Mido is poised to leave the club, saying: "It hasn't worked out."

The 29-year-old former Tottenham and Middlesbrough man joined the Reds in the summer on a short-term deal, but a host of fitness issues has seen him manage just 27 minutes of competitive action.

And his time at Oakwell is about to come to an end, with the final touches being put on his exit.

"He's an exceptional person, he's played at the top level in most leagues in Europe," Hill said. "At 29, he slipped down the levels and I thought we could pursue a possibility of resurrecting him, but that hasn't worked out.

"But he retains the ability and pedigree, but his vision is not the same as the manager's. It is amicable, but the plan to resurrect him hasn't worked.

"We will be pursuing a different direction to Mido."
  • Sponsored links:

• Isn't he from a very wealthy family?
  • The Mido Touch?

;o)
  • A shame, wasted a lot of talent.
  • A shame, wasted a lot of talent.

Thankfully not with us, we've had

• plenty of those.
  • We certainly have had
  • our fair share.
  • of injuries...