Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Olympics tickets for Greenwich Residents

I know this is a prickly subject, but did anyone eligible manage to take advantage of this?
After being well disappointed with the original ballot, (and getting sweet FA) Mrs M managed to pick up two tickets for the mens cycling sprint final and medal ceremony, which is what we were after in the first place.

Was advertised in Greenwich Time last week.

Comments

• how did you managed it? spent 3 hours on the phone yesterday morning and cant even be bothered to attempt this morning.
  • Mrs M spent about an hour on the phone. They only had two operators manning the phone and no queuing system. Presumably so that they could keep track of what had been sold.

• There will be tickets for Greenwich residents for sure.

£160 each, discounted to £80 if you pay within 14 days !
  • Cycling tickets were £50 a piece. A lot less than the original ballot price.
  • I guess, i was watching the sold out notices go up online in front of my eyes. All the 50 quid tickets for the Athletics are gone now. Only 295 for the 100 metres. You were lucky as only a few for cycling. I tried constantly until i gave up as the womans recorded voice made me want to scream.
  • Yes, 6 I beleive, originally. Very lucky, the good lord works in myserious ways:-)
  • The phone line now announces ballot only, requesting that you leave details, then hangs up automatically at the end of the mesage! Good luck anyone trying.
  • how did you managed it? spent 3 hours on the phone yesterday morning and cant even be bothered to attempt this morning.
    Should nt you be working ?
  • No i come to work to organise my personal life.
  • No wonder this country is in the state it is
  • Sponsored links:

Good of you to spare us the time from your hectic schedule!

Good of you to spare us the time from your hectic schedule!

Yeh!

• Do some work
  • No but did get a leafletthrough the door showing the new "parking PROTECTION zones" they are huge-----------------what a huge load ofshit "protection zones" my arse.
    Other week was the leaflet that showed where the missiles are being sited.
    The zile lanes go across the Sun In the Sands round about and both directions (Blackheath and towards welling)along shooters hill 008;00 to 20:00 andof course Kidbrooke station will be shut from 07:30 AM

The local MP (Labour tosser) and the local councillers are all schtum of course because thay willhave their tickets but the local rsidents well tough shit
  • Why didn't those that entered in the original ballot get reentered into the ballot when tickets for the same events became available? Not necessarily this round of local greenwich residents, but when more went on sale recently? they made tickets for 'sold out' events available, shouldn't they have gone to those who had already applied to buy those exact tickets?! *confused and ticketless*
  • When the tickets went on resale, those that had no allocations, were given a period of priority to reapply. You missed it I'm afraid.
  • Why didn't those that entered in the original ballot get reentered into the ballot when tickets for the same events became available? Not necessarily this round of local greenwich residents, but when more went on sale recently? they made tickets for 'sold out' events available, shouldn't they have gone to those who had already applied to buy those exact tickets?! *confused and ticketless*
    #

I'm sure that could have happened, but as Covered End said the powers that be decided that you had to reapply.
    We didn't bother as it was getting farcical by then, and we had managed to get some Paralympic swimming tickets and had settled for them.

I think there's going to be a lot of empty seats at some events.
  • What's the number for the ballot or is it too late
    020 8921 2250 - 9-12noon weekdays. (Sorry it's a bit late)
  • When the tickets went on resale, those that had no allocations, were given a period of priority to reapply. You missed it I'm afraid.

thanks, but why should you re-apply for something you have already applied for and they know that you didn't get tickets for on their sooper dooper system? (not having a pop at you by the way as i know you didn't come up with the system you're just letting me know what happened)

I'm not stupid, but the system wasn't the easiest and those that didn't win anything first time round should have gone back in the pot for the same tickets that they applied for first time round in the same bracket if these became available again. if they didn't, so be it. if there are empty seats for the events I applied for i'm gonna have the 'ump.

I got bombarded by so many 'are you getting excited about the games' emails after i applied i stopped reading them as i got them so often with little information that was relevant to me and the events that I would have liked to see.

my uncle managed to get 5 tickets to boxing 2 days in a row, so at least Dec will get to see something as he's going one of the nights.
  • Royal Mail tried to deliver my athletics tickets today but I was out. Now I have to go a mile to the sorting office to collect them FFS

Just shows that Broken Britain can't organise an Olympics. Embarrassment to the nation. Don't think I can even be bothered to go and get them.
  • Sponsored links:

• would love it if they lose them after you've just posted that :-)
  • edited June 2012
    Royal Mail tried to deliver my athletics tickets today but I was out. Now I have to go a mile to the sorting office to collect them FFS

Just shows that Broken Britain can't organise an Olympics. Embarrassment to the nation. Don't think I can even be bothered to go and get them.
    Thanks Henry. I just collected them, only showed them a cardy :-)
    They delivered my "other ones" 7am on Monday.
    PS It's very helpful that they e mail you to advise you of delivery on the same day (NOT).
  • haha, brilliant.

I got bombarded by so many 'are you getting excited about the games' emails after i applied i stopped reading them as i got them so often with little information that was relevant to me and the events that I would have liked to see.

I'm afraid that's where you went wrong. I too have been bombarded with e mails, but one of them did say about reapplying & you would get priority if you had been unsuccessful in the 2 previous ballots :-(
  • Well, I guess after they emailed me loads to say tickets were still up for grabs all sports with availability and you had to make your way into the website into each individual sport and session to find out that it was sold out, I guess I did lose interest. N'mind. Gonna have olympic bbq's every weekend in our garden and wave our flags there watching on the telly.
  • Am sure there are plenty of tickets for the Paralympics still available.
  • Suzi there are still tickets on the olympic website for diving, basketball, boxing and beach volleyball at least.
  • That's not my point though. My point was, the tickets that I originally applied for became available due to people turning them down or the payments not going through etc. Those events went back on sale and they weren't offered to other people who had originally applied for them unless they reapplied for tickets that they were told were sold out.

Just had a quick look to find what is available at weekends as I can't go during the week and take time off work to go. Gymnastics would have been good but not at £95 a pop. You have to go through every sport to find out what is available, and really I'm trying to work out if £50 for a sport i'm not really interested in but might go for the sake of going is worth it? not really.

I dont meant to sound like I'm bitter that I haven't got a ticket as it may sound like that, i'm just disappointed and think the system could have been better, even if people hadn't got a ticket in the second wave of reallocation, it could have been better.
  • edited June 2012
    IMO there has been nothing fair or logical about the way the tickets have been sold or allocated. We ended up paying less than half the original price for tickets we thought we wouldn't have any chance of getting when we originally applied.

As regards the emails, we too got them, but the main one which announced tickets for Greenwich residents arrived a few days AFTER reading about their availability in Greenwich Time. It was only by chance we read the article and decided to give it a go.

How six tickets for cycling, one of the most popular events, suddenly became available, I have no idea.

Asking around our circle of friends very few people have got what they wanted, and most none at all.

100 metres final anyone??