Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Any Relaxation Tips?

edited June 2012 in Not Sports Related
This might sound a bit weird, but I've been told that I need to find time to relax. I find it tough to find space and time for myself to relax. I've recently been given some breathing techniques to help me, but it's still very early days. I was wondering what advice other people are able to offer.

Comments

• Masturbation
  • Self hypnosis. Easy to do and very effective. Google it.
  • Thai sticks.
  • same as robbo, have a wank.
  • 1. Read up on NLP and find out how to set a relaxation anchor that you can use to put yourself in a relaxed state.
    2. Get yourself a relaxing hobby - I guess that fly fishing is the classic relaxing one, not that I've tried it.
    3. Get yourself a shed.
  • When I complained to my doctor about trouble sleeping he suggested I read a book before bedtime.

Playing the guitar also relaxes me, so I suppose it's that old stalwart "get a hobby".
  • Stop supporting Charlton Athletic.

More seriously writing works for me. I would also add reading, painting and 20 minute naps.
  • Join Rowhill Grange Spa and enjoy...
  • knocking one out to whale noises
  • Swim. It gets you fit, it's low impact (admittedly it's boring, but it does free your brain) and you will sleep like an absolute log.
  • Sponsored links:

• Masturbation

That and a bong
  • if you're not satisfied with the knuckle shuffle you could try meditation or yoga, or go for a long run, failing that an 8 pack of special brew works
  • A massive joint
  • 1. Read up on NLP and find out how to set a relaxation anchor that you can use to put yourself in a relaxed state.
    2. Get yourself a relaxing hobby - I guess that fly fishing is the classic relaxing one, not that I've tried it.
    3. Get yourself a shed.
    Then have a wank
  • edited June 2012
    Seems that there are a lot of wankers on here ;0)
  • draw stuff, but do it from a picture in your head
    keep fish
    read more books
    have a wank
  • Watch replays of England matches. Asleep in no time.
  • watching the last 5 minutes of a CAFC match..... or maybe not.
  • edited June 2012
    turn on the tumble drier. Don't know why but I always find it a comfort when I'm alone in the kitchen clearing up.
  • Sponsored links:

3. Get yourself a shed.
    Then have a wank
    That's what the shed's for ;-)

• cup of tea, feet up, watching TV (on your own - no wife / kids/etc)
  • cup of tea, feet up, watching Channel 955 (on your own - no wife / kids/etc)
    this

• Poplcon, what exactly is the difficulty with 'finding space and time' to relax? For instance long work hours, young family, commuting, or all three? Don't mean to be nosey about your private life but a little more background would be useful and would help with suggestions.
  • cup of tea, feet up, watching TV (on your own - no wife / kids/etc)
    Hold on, the missus is out tonight, what the f**k am I doing on here? See you all in 5 minutes.
  • Exercise is vital, releases everything. So surprising how well this works. Swimming is great but anything will do that makes your heart pump.
  • Exercise is vital, releases everything. So surprising how well this works. Swimming is great but anything will do that makes your heart pump.
    So we're back to wanking again ? ;0)

this, or have a read of this http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Rough-Guide-Happiness-Reference/dp/1848360150 , plenty of good advice re: exercise and relaxation

• edited June 2012
    Poplcon, what exactly is the difficulty with 'finding space and time' to relax? For instance long work hours, young family, commuting, or all three? Don't mean to be nosey about your private life but a little more background would be useful and would help with suggestions.
    Firstly thanks for all the wanking tips, greatly recived. Was surprised no one mentioned the laying on your arm until it goes numb technique.

In answer to the question, I do 12 hour days inc travel, that's not really a problem through. It's the rest of the time my brain is constantly ticking over and I never feel rested. I'm constantly tired too.