Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Victor Spinetti

Gone

Comments

• wasn't he the director/producer for the Beatles films in the 60's ??????
  • He was certainly in Magical Mystery Tour
  • Dick Lester directed the films, Victor acted in Help and Hard Day's Night as well as MMT
  • RIP - he was great in the Return of the Pink Panther too!
  • RIP - I remember seeing him as Herod in Jesus Christ Superstar .
  • Blast from the past. RIP
  • Yes remember him well....quite a character...RIP fella.
  • One of those faces that turned up in films and in T.V. sitcoms regularly over the years. Need an excitable Taffy? Send for Victor! Did a lot of stage stuff too but the Beatles films will be his besst remembered work. RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wonderful comic actor, superb in Two in Clover with Sid James, superb in the Beatles movies, superb in pretty much everything he did. A Sad loss. RIP Vic.
  • Sad news. Remember him guesting on Danny Baker's show, he was one of those people you could listen to all day.

I saw him in a play at The Orchard in Dartford, he was popping in and out of character to do a sort of narration of what was going on, a very funny man.
  • Great story about his family arriving in UK when he was a lad.
    They had paid the captain of a cargo ship (or similar) to take them to New York.

He got them to a foggy Cardiff and said "this is New York" off you get !

Took them several days to realise they had been conned.
  • A friend of mine played Oliver opposite him playing Fagin in a nationwide tour of Oliver around twenty odd years ago. Reckons he was the loveliest fella you could imagine. Full of stories and a very helpful man
  • A hugely well respected man within the showbiz industry so I understand. He worked with everyone over the years, expect one of the biggest memorial services ever seen... RIP.