Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

U.S. Open Golf

Comments

• Options
    Course is being evacuated, due to weather conditions.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I really hope it's not a Monday finish.

Where's Meldrew to recommend 8 of the 10 favourites then say "I told you so?"
  • Options
    Nice start from poults . Keep the same for the next 69 holes!
  • Options
    Ouch!
  • Options
    Tim Clark e/w at 40's
  • Options
    Tim Clark was a big tip for the St Jude Memorial last week and failed to make thr cut. What do I know though as I only go for the favourites apparently! I fancy Manassero this time after watching him win recently. He's on fire at the moment. Looks very good value at 40/1 with 7 places available with Paddy Power mobile. Els at 80/1 worth an e/w up to 7 places.
  • Options
    westie/gmac/kuchar
  • Options
    sorry, you're not allowed to choose any of the favourites
  • Options
    ok rory then !
  • Options
    ..........sorry, he's 2nd favourite therefore unacceptable!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    golfers are back on course after lengthy delay ....
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

..........sorry, he's 2nd favourite therefore unacceptable!

Damn right, you only bet on favourites if you want to win money.

• Options
    As mentioned above, I got lefty 1st and final rounds. E/w both bets so that's my stakes covered already. Also got Donald e/w overall. If he places top 5 that's serious wedge for me as I've laid most of my winnings from the masters back out again

come on you short gamers! Anyone else have anything on the first round?
  • Options
    Yep; Mickelson and Scott in my top 4
  • Options
    Days like yesterday are why I love Phil Mickelson. I'd kind of prefer him to be a little further back so there's less pressure on him, but he should be close come Sunday evening. The same goes for Donald, hopefully his game will hold up.
  • Options
    I fell asleep pretty early, is certainly looking an interesting leaderboard. Got to admit I don't really know Billy Horschel, haven't watched much of the PGATOUR this year. At least one of the Englishmen should still be in there come tomorrow night.
  • Options
    Rose and Donald both tied for lead
  • Options
    Wearing these tomorrow will cheer up Horschel:

That's not a joke either, he actually is wearing them. On another side note, you know 'mash potato' has become popular shouting when someone's driving? Someone screamed another food item for one of Sergio's today, you can guess what...
  • Options
    only wager i have is on donald @40s.
    was looking good until the 18th.
  • Options
    Obviously want to see one of the Brits win it, but if it has to be a septic, got to be Mickelson - his sportsmanship during the Ryder Cup was exemplary.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    nggghhhhh..... anyone but FIGJAM
  • Options
    Gotta enlighten me Leroy?
  • Options
    Some players on the tour said Mickleson loves himself so called him FIGJAM (fuck I'm good just ask me)
  • Options
    I had only heard the Aussies use that about Kevin Peterson before VG. Thanks for the answer. All I know is the way he conducted himself in public at the last Ryder Cup, so that is what I am judging him on.
  • Options
    Have really enjoyed watching the tournament so far. Such precision needed from 160-odd to flag. Holes 15-18 playing real tough and sure that's going to make the finish today all the more gripping.

Praying for a lefty win and a Donald top 5. I agree Mickelson can come across as a Tool but he you have to concede he is a wizard with a lofted club.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

I had only heard the Aussies use that about Kevin Peterson before VG. Thanks for the answer. All I know is the way he conducted himself in public at the last Ryder Cup, so that is what I am judging him on.

I can't speak for him inside the ropes obviously, but despite being goofy as hell he has always come across with grace, humility and professionalism. Since first watching him at the US Open in '95 I have never seen him swear, throw a club or show real visible frustration, despite often being the cause of his own downfall. He is clearly a real family man as well, his Masters win in 2010 after his wife had been battling cancer (and everyone had been going on about Woods' 'transgression') was touching.

He could very well do something stupid and throw it away tonight, but that's another thing that makes him so popular. Even if he does look awful in shorts...

• Options
    He got the nickname for players inside the tour, so perhaps what the fans a public see of him is different than what he's like in the clubhouse.

I think he's a great player but that smirk really grates me. Gives a smug bastard look about him.
  • Options
    That's exactly it. He has the most punchable smirk I've ever seen. He's such a fucking phoney.
  • Options
    I don't mind it, he has that stupid look whether he's stuck it in the water or to 4 feet. I can see why he can grate people, though.

Here's him falling on his arse at Pebble Beach for those who haven't seen it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JyGyhn1YX8
  • Options
    The last 4 holes are brutal, for 3 rounds Poulter is 7 over par on them 4 holes alone.