Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

U.S. Open Golf

Comments

• Options
    My top 5 Westwood tip looks like it's starting to become a nice little money spinner I hope!
  • Options
    I did McDowell and Westwood e/w on Thursday......now a 1-2 would be nice!!
  • Options
    Tiger at 8/1 looks inviting

Looks like the old tiger out there last 2 rounds -but more luck would have been 2-3 shots clear
    Stayed up and watched tiger for 8 holes of agony - giving away 50 yard son each tee shot -sunday he needs that driver out and blast the bloody ball - going to lose go fighting - not planning your way round and bogeying every other hole
  • Options
    Am hoping McDowell can do it again, then whatever happens the next 10/15 years he's had a brilliant, even historic career given Europe's lack of success at the US Open.
  • Options
    ... Or failing that, a 66/1 winner isn't too bad.
  • Options
    15 consecutive different winners of majors.
    9 consecutive first time winners.

The standard of the 'lesser' payers rising,the standard of the the 'great' players falling or the organisers of the majors trying to make the courses too hard and making the tournaments a lottery ?
  • Options
    15 consecutive different winners of majors.
    9 consecutive first time winners.

The standard of the 'lesser' payers rising,the standard of the the 'great' players falling or the organisers of the majors trying to make the courses too hard and making the tournaments a lottery ?
    A bit of all 3! Woods fall has obviously had an impact, but the standard across the entire field does seem to have improved a lot. Many of these younger guys coming through cite Tiger as their inspiration and they've certainly worked hard to get to where they have.

• Options
    Those that do win earn it. This week the course won but it was more interesting than a birdie fest. Its nice watching a sport where anyone can win - football and the premiership should take note.
  • Options
    Worthy winner - he played some excellent golf in the 4th round --hope our guys keeping best for the ryder cup.

Next tournament Tiger is in --back him --if he swings like he did first two round and gets his old putter back in the bag --strange that he changed his putter on the eve --and it showed .....he may be a good touch at decent odds

• Options
    edited June 2013
    That time of year again...

That's thanks to Justin Rose's caddie, and lies not too far off the fairway. Unfortunately there has been a lot of rain the last 24 hours though, so the course may be there for the taking.

Anyone put on any bets yet? I think I might even avoid going out at the weekend so I can sit in and watch this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tiger
  • Options
    My popular pick = Matt Kuchar
    'Under the radar' picks = Kevin Streelman, Scott Stallings, or Mateo Manassero
  • Options
    Any other tips out there?
  • Options
    Red_Raver said:

Don't forget your brolly.
  • Options
    Luke Donald well outta form but the course is tailor made for his accuracy game

Will have a Tenner on him E/W
  • Options
    Paddy power offering new customers tiger woods @ 10/1
  • Options
    Paddy Power offering 7 places on the mobile app.
  • Options
    I'm having a couple of wild punts on players who haven't done much for a while and are therefore long odds.
    Got Bubba at 100/1 and Zach Johnson at 95/1

£5 each way on both. Where's the harm eh?
  • Options
    Really think its a course for the short game. Lefty mickelson should be in his element
  • Options
    I'd love Mickelson to but he needs to keep the ball on the fairway. With the rain that rough will be extra penal.

I haven't bothered with any research, just gone for Bo Van Pelt, Jason Dufner, Steve Stricker and Ryan Moore each way, then John Huh for a top 5. The PGATour website should have a sleepers pick selection for anyone looking for potential outsiders.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    im not a betting man and am kinda a noob when it comes to online betting ... is william hill a reputable website to wager bets for golf? How does the payout process work as i have never done online gambling before ....
  • Options
    addick16 said:

im not a betting man and am kinda a noob when it comes to online betting ... is william hill a reputable website to wager bets for golf? How does the payout process work as i have never done online gambling before ....

if you're wary of online gambling, just pop in your local betting shop and place a bet .. I gamble online mostly, (the winnings have to be requested to be paid back to an account/ card of your choice) however, I do miss the lovely feeling of bookies folding cash in my hand after a good win
  • Options
    addick16 said:

Yeah i won't gamble online if I were you , it can't be trusted . The best thing to do is send me the cash and I'll put the bet on for you
  • Options

Red_Raver said:

Not wrong. Severe thunderstorms forecast and I'm going to be there. I'm in Philly today and the weather's beautiful!!

• Options
    Manassero, Mickelson, Molinari, Scott and Furyk for me.
  • Options

Red_Raver said:

Not wrong. Severe thunderstorms forecast and I'm going to be there. I'm in Philly today and the weather's beautiful!!

Looks like I'll be in Philly early next month, hopefully the weather will be equally beautiful, and maybe I'll get a chance at a round at Walnut Lane golf course :)

• Options
    Oh wow Andy I am well jealous mate . Tear it a new one
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well I played it at the end of April and shot an unimpressive 109, but to be fair it was my first ever proper 18 holes (new to this golf lark), so I'm looking forward to having a better stab at it this time around!

It is a lovely course though, lots of variety in the whole and one or two really challenging one. Can't remember the hole number, but there's one that around the 160 yard mark, par 3, but there's a creek that runs from the side of the green down to the whole, the hole is around 50ft above the pin, so you can't see the green at all when teeing off, and if you fall short of the green it's hard work in either the shallow creek or the deep rough either side of it.

http://www.walnutlanegolf.com/
  • Options
    Oh and on the online betting

I have never had a problem from coral, w hill, pp or vc. Some delays in payment yes but always got my due winnings in the end.

Certainly check the Raw odds and also the actual bet it covers ( some people won big on the national by placing 1-6 rather than 1-5)

Good luck