Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What would have happened if...

...we hadn't sold Jenkinson to Arsenal and earned the 1m on him?

Powell and Slater have repeatedly said that much of the money we spent on fees and wages came from that deal so where would we be now if he hadn't happened? How would Solly have progressed with Jenkinson in his way? Who would we have signed? Where would we have finished?

Comments

• Options
    ?
  • Options
    Thats a hypothetical question. I dont answer hypothetical questions

• Options

What would happen if you did though?
  • Options
    in league 2. or in league 1. or maybe in the championship. or even maybe in administration.
  • Options

What would happen if you did though?
    Haha. Hes got it
  • Options
    ...Jenks would have been found out after a few more games as a useless sack of shit, (and I never say that), Solly would have speedily taken his place and we would have still been promoted but it would have been much more of a struggle and a lot less convincing. Meanwhile, Jenkinson would be languishing in our reserves or with a League 2 club.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, getting £1 million for THAT was the easiest and best bit of business we have done in recent times. It was almost like cheating on Champ Man.
  • Options
    I reckon the money would have been found for most of the acquisitions, though I don't think we would have got Wiggins
  • Options
    Great question - it's impossible to know.
    I guess we'd have only made about half the signings we did, at best. I think maybe we would have finished 5th or 6th, and then who knows.
  • Options
    Christ, we need a signing or some sponsorship news don't we!? ;-)
  • Options
    We'd have been relegated to the blue square southern by 2015 and would be ground sharing with welling after selling the valley to barratt homes for development.

Everythings come up rosey though.......................