Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Greenwich council complaint

2»

Comments

• Options
    31st January 1990, and i haven't trusted a word they say since that date.
  • Options
    The bin men leave our bins all over the place.
  • Options
    Council Officers really cant win.
    You mean apart from the final salary pensions, higher than private sector pay, job for life, flexitime, etc. etc. We need a thread about that lot... ;-)

We've got 3 wheelie bins now thanks to Greenwich, and where I live no-one's got off-pavement space for them. Well apart from me (just about) and a select few neighbours, most of whom don't bother. Really enhances the view.

That said, their bins service is very decent to be fair. They'll even retrieve the bins from my front garden - although I do need to go on a treasure hunt to find them again after they've collected them..

• Options
    I live in bexley, I put my bins out for a weds collect, however my garden / food waste wasn't collected until thurs, so can I fine the council?
  • Options
    Can't believe you have food waste G!!!!!! ;-)
  • Options
    You mean apart from the final salary pensions, higher than private sector pay, job for life, flexitime, etc. etc. We need a thread about that lot... ;-)

We've got 3 wheelie bins now thanks to Greenwich, and where I live no-one's got off-pavement space for them. Well apart from me (just about) and a select few neighbours, most of whom don't bother. Really enhances the view.

That said, their bins service is very decent to be fair. They'll even retrieve the bins from my front garden - although I do need to go on a treasure hunt to find them again after they've collected them..

You're right Clem, we can't win.

Funny when it all goes tits up (like the floods in South Yorkshire a couple of years back) who do people expect to bail them out? Yep, the local council.

I've contributed to my pension matey for 25 plus years - I have every right to moan and strike when some jumped up millionaire with no idea of how real life works tells me that I have to change because the bankers fu**ed our country.

Rant over
  • Options

Job for life? Try telling that to the 100s of Greenwich employees made redundant during the first round of tory cuts.

Save 56m in 4 years but make sure your service level doesnt drop. Winners!

Its all the money we had to pay out to overrated IT contractors that has really stuffed us :-)

• Options

Job for life? Try telling that to the 100s of Greenwich employees made redundant during the first round of tory cuts.

Save 56m in 4 years but make sure your service level doesnt drop. Winners!

Its all the money we had to pay out to overrated IT contractors that has really stuffed us :-)

Can hardly believe I got a bite so cheaply. Well done lads :-)

(Btw I think you need to look at the decisions of the council's IT team that led their IT providers to print money in the last few months of that particular contract, and then to spunk money down Deloitte's throat for little or no return)... :-D