Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Those vouchers you get from Sainsburys

You get vouchers when you pay, and take them home. Then you leave them there forgetting them on your next shopping trip. they should give them out when you first arrive at the store.
Anyway they're for stuff you're not gonna want before the valid date runs out.
Does anybody actually get anything from them?

Comments

• Options
    I get a discount on my next shop.
  • Options
    Don't start me on Sainsburys: Messed up the George Boys parcel day last December: Arrived 6 hours late with the wrong order.......Still waiting to hear from the Manager, Mr Woledge, at the Savacentre in Sydenham, 5 months later.
  • Options
    Can't afford to shop in Sainsburys...................seth obviously earns too much. ;-)
  • Options
    As an employee I'll try and shed a bit of light on it.

The vouchers are given in connection with Nectar. They see what you've bought in the past and may buy again, or stuff you may like dependant on stuff you have bought in the past, and issue vouchers based on this. As said, sometimes you get a voucher for something you aren't going to buy soon, but this is to try and entice you into buying it as you get a discount/extra Nectar points, therefore lining Mr Sainsbury's pockets more.

The other vouchers are the brand match ones, which give you money off your next shop if your branded products in a shop over £20 were more expensive in JS than in Asda or Tesco, and tell you if you've saved if it was cheaper than the others.

In a word, they're good if you spend a lot and don't mind buying the odd thing you're not likely to normally buy.

• Options
    Ross, in reality hardly anybody remembers them, well at least that's the way it seems to me judging by people in front of me in the queues.
    Are you in a union fighting for at least £15 per hour for the lowest paid Sainsburys worker, or does Mr Sainsbury have swanky villas and such like all over the place?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I remember them. I put them with my nectar card, not a problem for me. If I go to Sainsbury's i always take my nectar card & vouchers.
  • Options
    My wife is the voucher queen. If it was a sport, she would be a pro.
  • Options
    They usually only give you a week or so on the vouchers so the time often runs out for me but I suppose it's better than no vouchers at all.
  • Options
    Slightly off topic, but did anyone see the documentary about the pshyco women in the US that run voucher clubs where they do exchanges before swarming upon the local supermarket like locust, stripping the shelves bare. Now those women were what you would call obsessive...................
  • Options
    Personally I feel tesco have by far the worst voucher system for the consumer. At least nectar points can be accumulated over a long period of time and can be obtained through a wider range of shops. That said we don't shop at sainsburys (we don't have a local one and so would have to purchase online - which brings me to my personal nitpick - shop online and the fresh produce is always only a day or two away from expiring wheras in the shop we would look for the furthest date).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't afford to shop in Sainsburys...................seth obviously earns too much. ;-)
    ...The vouchers are given in connection with Nectar...
    And this is the answer. Avoid anywhere that has even the slightest connection with Nectar, because you know that you'll get ripped off something rotten. It doesn't matter how many vouchers you get or how many loyalty points they give you, the premium price that you'll be paying means that the pounds will be flying out of your pocket.
  • Options
    don't shop at Sainsburys for a month and suddenly you will get vouchers in the post giving £12 off a £60 shop. You then go back to Sainsburys for a few weeks and suddenly Tescos are sending you vouchers for x amount off your next shop. And so it continues.
  • Options
    My wife is the voucher queen. If it was a sport, she would be a pro.
    Snap. My wife shops at Sainsburys most of the time because we are customers of Utility Warehouse and we get 3% off all our shopping and 3% off our petrol on top of any special vouchers. She also keeps Tesco in the game and every now and then we get a "you haven't shopped with us for a while" voucher from Tesco.
  • Options
    don't shop at Sainsburys for a month and suddenly you will get vouchers in the post giving £12 off a £60 shop. You then go back to Sainsburys for a few weeks and suddenly Tescos are sending you vouchers for x amount off your next shop. And so it continues.
    Ah just seen what Large has posted. Exactly. Large, if you want 3% off Food and Petrol, just like us have a look at this link:

www.discountsuccess.co.uk
  • Options
    Ross, in reality hardly anybody remembers them, well at least that's the way it seems to me judging by people in front of me in the queues.
    Are you in a union fighting for at least £15 per hour for the lowest paid Sainsburys worker, or does Mr Sainsbury have swanky villas and such like all over the place?
    Well, people will have to try and remember them! Not a lot we can do as a company to help people's memories!

Put it this way....my £300 bonus this year for doing a lot equivilates to around £1m for the chief executive for sitting in his office.
  • Options
    Just dispense with the vouchers and the marketing team and make everything cheaper. Everyones happy. (except possibly the marketing team)
  • Options
    what Vinnie says
  • Options
    Being between jobs at the moment, I am responsible for shopping and related activities.

I shop almost exclusively at ASDA. They have a 10% Cheaper scheme going on where they give you a voucher if your shopping is not cheaper by at least 10% than their nearest rival. I've had vouchers of varying amounts up to about a fiver. You have to check it online and print out the voucher. They very occasionally do other offers, but they don't have any of that Clubcard or Nectar nonsense, which is way too complicated for me to bother with.
  • Options
    I try not to use the main supermarkets for things like meat, try and support the local shops.

The New Eltham butchers are excellent. BBQ bits I bought on Saturday were excellent (minted lamb kebabs were the business).

Used to use Sainsburys found it too expensive and use the hideous Tesco now.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with Tesco Clubcard scheme.
    always do our main shopping there, and get loads of offers

£10 off next £80 shop etc, always get tailored discount vouchers such as nappies and baby products etc.
    Also you can use your vouchers on days out - got 3 tickets to Longleat for 24quid rather than 27.50 each, half price entry to Sea Life etc etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last year I changed to the Nectar credit card which in honesty I use mainly for my business expenses when travelling but also to do the shopping. The amount of value I clocked up is substantial so much so that I have been able to buy a TV and new vacume cleaner from Argos on the back of the Nectar points. Now you can argue that by shopping in Aldi you would save this money anyway and that is probably right but this is a nice, almost invisble way of saving as I see it.

By the way falconwood_1 I also use a butchers near New Eltham in main road going towards Sidcup is that the same one? Noticed the quality is a bit lower these days and he is a real miserable git at times but can recommend Sparkes at The Standard fantastic butchers, now all we need is a decent fishmongers.
  • Options

By the way falconwood_1 I also use a butchers near New Eltham in main road going towards Sidcup is that the same one? Noticed the quality is a bit lower these days and he is a real miserable git at times but can recommend Sparkes at The Standard fantastic butchers, now all we need is a decent fishmongers.

I think there are loads of haddicks down Sparrow Lane.
  • Options
    Always use Sainsburys.

Perception is they are more expensive but personally I don't think they are and I find the quality of there food is much better.

You could travel around all the supermarkets and find items cheaper in one or another.

We keep my Nectar points for Christmas and usually have over £100 so basically a free shop.

The vouchers also come in handy adding to the points plus some money off.

In the end everybody makes their own choice.
  • Options
    As an employee, i dont have a clue what these are.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Get loads of Nectar points through various companies but if I'm honest we shop very infrequently at Sainsburys. It seems to me that Aldi and Lidl, if you care less for brands, are considerably cheaper with fruit and veg, but you do have to put up with the vast number of pensioners who go there, the strange till system where there is no space to pack and the till operator is throwing your shopping everywhere, and the £1 for your trolley. Bloody Germans.

Price comparison websites are handy too (if you use them for insurance, why not your weekly shop??) and Asda regularly comes out cheapest - also they have the most effective loyalty scheme IMO in that the vouchers they give you are simply money off your next shop not vouchers aimed at you buying a particular product. If you buy 8 items or more you can use their Price Guarantee website and if they're not 10% cheaper than anyone else on that day you get the difference back.
  • Options
    As an employee, i dont have a clue what these are.
    The Catalina vouchers that come out when you get your receipt.
  • Options
    You get vouchers when you pay, and take them home. Then you leave them there forgetting them on your next shopping trip. they should give them out when you first arrive at the store.
    Anyway they're for stuff you're not gonna want before the valid date runs out.
    Does anybody actually get anything from them?
    I always forget about them, especially the ones giving extra Nectar points for shopping over £20 (as I don't normally spend that amount in a visit). Except last Thursday, when I bought that bottle of Pimms...
  • Options
    Give me strength,has it come to this?
  • Options
    Not sports related RS.
  • Options
    I'm just back from Morrisons Thamesmead... I felt like a supermodel in there. That is all.