Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Band of brothers

2»

Comments

• So bill guarneare who lost both his legs don't know the real truth?

One of my most treasured possessions is his Autobiography personalized to me by Wild Bill. A very brave man amongst very brave men.
  • Top post Greenie and appreciate the insight I have a big interest in Military History so your knowledge is always welcome
  • Great post Greenie,where is your shop?I could never find the words to praise any of these guys high enough no matter what country they were from.I have read many books and accounts of WW2 and you could just never imagine what they all went through and achieved,it's a subject so close to my hearts and have spoke to a few amazing vets myself.The one thing that comes a cross from the few I have spoken to is that they never class themselves as heroes,there friends and colleagues who lost there lives are the heroes.Sorry going on to much now!!!
  • edited May 2012
    Killer Kish, we have a physical shop (by appointment only) in Gravesend. We do most of our business online here.
    http://www.militarystores.co.uk/

We also have stand at the War and Peace show, in July. At the Hop farm, Paddock Wood. there are always loads of vets at the Veterans Marquee, each one has some great tales to tell, and lets be honest they're not gonna be around for ever. Come along to our stand (and indeed anyone from here) if only for the reason that we have free beer and wine!! I will start a thread nearer the time with stand details (admin allowing).

http://www.warandpeaceshow.co.uk/

Also here is a picture of me with Don Baker, one of the first men to join the SAS, this pic was taken at Pegasus Bridge Museum, next to the bridge. We spent an hour with him and some of his comrades from D-Day, Don and 4 others were sent behind lines 2-3 weeks before D-Day, 'to cause as much chaos as possible'. He had some great stories and as he said 'when we (the Vets) all meet up we can be 18-19-20 years old again!'

All of them real heroes, not poncy pop stars or footballers ;o)
  • Cheers Greenie I will have a look online and see you at the Hop Farm in July.