Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If CL took over from FIFA - what changes would we make?

The thread about Blatter got me thinking. I disagree with so many things FIFA does and am sure we could do a better job. But what would we change? Selection policies for major Championships, embrace technology etc...? Would we be conservative or radical?

For one thing, I'd like external time keepers (from the ref), which will make time wasting pointless. Any others?

Comments

• Rush goalies
  • Topless cheerleaders
  • world cup to be staged in england. drinks free and allowed to be brought into the ground. smoking allowed.
    double features...i.e two games played at the same time on the same pitch with only the two goals and one ball.
  • Abolish yellow and red cards, but instead implement a handicap system for offenders. For example, rather than a yellow card, strap a rucksack full of breeze blocks to a player for the rest of the game and not allow him to be subbed.
    Instead of a red card, he'd have the rucksack and have to finish the game wearing flip flops and an eye patch.
  • if a referee has a poor game, the supporters should be allowed to pelt him with rotten fruit both during the game and as he leaves the pitch at half/full time. if linos are having a mare, two supporters should be secretly allowed on to the pitch. one would appear suddenly in front of him while the other gets on all fours behind him allowing the other to push the lino over.
  • Millwall to be given an automatic 20 point deduction each season.
  • WIth those suggestions, it seems we will only be a minor improvement over the current FIFA!
  • Get more women to football.

Nice looking ones though, not the ugly ones like at Charlton.
  • Rush goalies
    Are you for or against ? .. I would confine goalkeepers to within their penalty area as happens in Hockey
  • Rush goalies
    Are you for or against ? .. I would confine goalkeepers to within their penalty area as happens in Hockey
    Or monkey goalie
  • Sponsored links:

• Topless cheerleaders
    Have you seen some of the football cheerleaders? Do you really want to see them topless?
  • You can't see faces from the North Upper apparently so it wouldn't matter.
  • 2 week holiday in Margate and a 6 hour shopping experience in Dartford with the mother-in-law to any player booked for diving/play acting.
  • Serious suggestion (apologies): no more totting up yellows and reds. Yellow card is 15 minutes in a sin bin. Red card still means a sending off, but has no other effect. No more 2 Yellows = a Red. The offences which result in a Red would have to be carefully defined, obviously.
  • Or maybe you could for too many yellow cards in competitions say you have to miss one of your next two games. That would allow players to play in a major final rather than miss it for something innocuous.
  • After a goal is scored, 30 secs for the restart.
    35 yard line for offside.
  • handicap system, in the top flight each club is handicapped for the following season by a points deduction according to their finish, that would sort a few things out, perhaps/perhaps not
  • Come back Sepp, all is forgiven...
  • Topless cheerleaders
    Have you seen some of the football cheerleaders? Do you really want to see them topless?
    Have you seen the Southend ones? ;-)
  • Give all players that dive a ban for life, that should solve the problem.
  • Sponsored links:

• seriously: no points for a draw
  • Once you take the ball into the opposition half, you cannot pass back into your own half.
  • Get rid of time added on by having a separate timekeeping official and a big clock
  • Get rid of time added on by having a separate timekeeping official and a big cock
    you what!?

• No points for a no-score draw
    Bonus point if you score 4 or more goals in a game

Like the 35 yard offside line idea

4/5th official for timekeeping and bookings.

Automatic booking if you charge after the referee. Like rugby the captains should be the one to deal with the referee, unless the referee wants to talk to you. When a foul is committed the only people who have any right to be there "discussing" with the ref are those directly involved in the tackle and possibly the captains, anybody else who tries to get involved is booked.

No penalty shoot-outs to decide finals ;)

• Automatic booking if you charge after the referee. Like rugby the captains should be the one to deal with the referee, unless the referee wants to talk to you. When a foul is committed the only people who have any right to be there "discussing" with the ref are those directly involved in the tackle and possibly the captains, anybody else who tries to get involved is booked.
    agree with this
  • Divers to be immediately red carded.
    Anyone who tries to talk the ref into giving a player a card, to be sent off.
    Anyone who eff's and blinds or shows disrespect to the officials to be sent off.
  • I think Divers should miss 5 games when offence is proven as you see some ref card a diver when he was actually caught! Why can't we use videos to assess these offences retrospectively? It will stop players doing it for sure.
  • Automatic booking if you charge after the referee.
    Technically the referee can do this now. I'd absolutely love it if a ref was surrounded by, say, Man Utd players and just reached into his pocket and showed the card to every single one of them (other than the offender and possibly the captain) and then said that he's doing it again in 5 seconds time to anyone within 10 yards of him. That would soon put a stop to it!

• Automatic booking if you charge after the referee.
    Technically the referee can do this now. I'd absolutely love it if a ref was surrounded by, say, Man Utd players and just reached into his pocket and showed the card to every single one of them (other than the offender and possibly the captain) and then said that he's doing it again in 5 seconds time to anyone within 10 yards of him. That would soon put a stop to it!

I've never understood why a referee hasn't done this. If rooney came charging after me, shouting, swearing and spitting/frothing, as we see most weeks on the tv, I'd be reaching for my card instantly.