Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ghostly Encounters

edited May 2012 in Not Sports Related
Not sure if this has been done, but thought i'd start this thread as i've just moved into a house that has had an exorcism performed on it. It was done by the previous owner as she heard children running upstairs, this was probably due to it being an old orphanage. In fact we bought the house because the woman had passed away in one of the bedrooms. Not heard or ever seen anything but wondering if anyone has had any past experiences?

Comments

• Options
    This is a job for Ackworth!
  • Options
    Once lived in a house where the ghost of a gay bloke roamed the bedrooms.

It put the willies right up me.
  • Options
    No. Ghosts do not exist. If they did we would be inundated. Think how many things have died in the millions of years life has existed on earth.

The amount of ghost insects alone would be incredible.

And how come you never hear of ghost Dinosaurs. 165 million years and not one Ghost.

Humans a mere 195,000 years and they are everywhere.
  • Options
    Not sure if this has been done, but thought i'd start this thread as i've just moved into a house that has had an exorcism performed on it. It was done by the previous owner as she heard children running upstairs, this was probably due to it being an old orphanage. In fact we bought the house because the woman had passed away in one of the bedrooms. Not heard or ever seen anything but wondering if anyone has had any past experiences?
    Simple answer to this - The previous owner was mad!
    Agree with Vinnie - There are no such things as ghosts!
    Also a strange reason to buy a house - Are you Derek Acorah?
  • Options
    No. Ghosts do not exist. If they did we would be inundated. Think how many things have died in the millions of years life has existed on earth.

The amount of ghost insects alone would be incredible.

And how come you never hear of ghost Dinosaurs. 165 million years and not one Ghost.

Humans a mere 195,000 years and they are everywhere.
    What about cows, thousands of them are killed in burtal cicumstances every day.

Ghosts don't exists, vunerable people do.
  • Options
    Maybe ghost are real! Who knows?
  • Options
    Perhaps only cows can see cow ghosts.
  • Options
    Simple answer to this - The previous owner was mad!
    Agree with Vinnie - There are no such things as ghosts!
    Also a strange reason to buy a house - Are you Derek Acorah?
    I do think of myself as a bit of a claire voyant.... In all seriousness i'm not saying I believe just wondered if anyone had any interesting stories.
  • Options
    My Mum, Aunt and Gran all claimed to see the ghost of a relative in Ireland many years back.

All were in the same room, and were trying to sleep when each of them saw the ghost below the ceiling. None of them said anything until after about half an hour when he left, and then they realised that they had all witnessed him.

Spooky.
  • Options
    I suppose that would explain why they always look so confused.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There are no such thing.

Like when people have regression done to them, they were always a Roman Centurion or part of Cleopatra's court - never a miner from Keighley.
  • Options
    I don't think ghosts exist and certainly not in the way described by the experts. However I'm open to being proven wrong and human knowledge in this area is minimal (understatement). What I do know is that derek acorah and others in the same line of work are lying money grabbing vermin taking advantage of the vulnerable.

Oh sorry no ghost stories!
  • Options
    Astonishing post. Had you not used the phrase "we bought the house" I would have assumed it was written by a child.

• Options
    Astonishing post. Had you not used the phrase "we bought the house" I would have assumed it was written by a child.

bit harsh, reasonable enough post

• Options
    Really? Wasn't intended to be harsh, I just couldn't quite belive it had been written by an adult.
  • Options
    Really? Wasn't intended to be harsh, I just couldn't quite belive it had been written by an adult.
    I thought it was a fair enough post, you must have meant to be disrespectful

• Options
    No I didn't. It was about ghosts...
  • Options
    Bet a certain banned person is creaming his pants over this thread. He loves a ghost hunt, even tried to get Pete F to go on one with him.
  • Options
    Ghosts do exist just because you aint seen 1 dont mean they are not there
  • Options
    cows dont have souls thats why you dont see cow ghosts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    About 3 years ago I was visiting my Mum. I walked into the living room and , honest to gods truth, I saw my dad sitting in the armchair. He looked straight at me and said "hello son" as clear as crystal.

Now that would be a freaky story if my dad was dead. Thankfully he's alive and kicking...............................................
    Ha ha, got me!
  • Options

</blockquote

He clearly just wanted to see if anyone had any stories, possibly have some fun. when people like you write things like that its just ruins it.
    With a name like JaShea99 i would assume you were a child who isn't allowed to have fun and isntead tries to quash a perfectly okay thread.
  • Options
    Not heard or ever seen anything.......
    Go on, have a guess why not...

• Options
    Watched the awakening last night and thought it was a really good film about a ghost, bit off topic i know but thought id add it.
  • Options
    No ghosts, but lots of spirits in my house... In fact I'll just go pour a double now.
  • Options
    Ghosts do exist just because you aint seen 1 dont mean they are not there
    Using that logic I assume flying invisible unicorns also exist ?

• Options
    Could Alonso be considered a ghost?
  • Options
    Everything sounds far-fetched, i mean would you believe in the theory of evolution if Scientist had not ok it? Or would you believe the Bible if you were not religious?
  • Options
    Pull the udder one