Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roberto Martinez

Comments

• Guardiola has the best players, hardly rocket science that he wins titles ..
  • Riviera said:

So if he is that good why did he have to fundamentally change his plan after 60 odd minutes? If you're that good you pick the correct side in the first place. He is, and has always been obsessed with trying to play pretty football, a Guardiola wannabe. So when he's down he just brings a big fella on. Hardly rocket science. And don't slag off Fellaini, Utd have just signed him on again.
    Martinez was saved tonight by one player....the Japanese goalie! He is the worst international goalkeeper I have ever seen.

You'll be pleased to know the Japan goalkeeper once played for Roland Duchatelet’s Standard Liege.
  • Riviera said:

So if he is that good why did he have to fundamentally change his plan after 60 odd minutes? If you're that good you pick the correct side in the first place. He is, and has always been obsessed with trying to play pretty football, a Guardiola wannabe. So when he's down he just brings a big fella on. Hardly rocket science. And don't slag off Fellaini, Utd have just signed him on again.

Obsessed with playing pretty and effective football but mixing it when necessary.

The trick is to recognise when things need to be changed and to make the right changes. What did Southgate do to change things?

I hope that you will change your opinion if Belgium do win the WC. But, knowing how stubborn you are, you won't.
  • edited July 2018

Riviera said:

Martinez was saved tonight by one player....the Japanese goalie! He is the worst international goalkeeper I have ever seen.

That’s a wind up surely

Of course it is. He has a masters degree on the subject.
  • Riviera said:

And what about Chadli? Or has he signed a new contract with United too?
  • Even i could manage this Belgium side to the quarters... if they beat Brazil then fairplay. That list you would expect England to not lose either, yes we lost to them but that wasn't a proper game and would still back us if we meet in the final.
  • Riviera said:

Fantastic WUMmery!
  • Riviera said:

And what about Chadli? Or has he signed a new contract with United too?
    Again why didn't he start?
  • Riviera said:

That’s a wind up surely

In what way?
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:

Obsessed with playing pretty and effective football but mixing it when necessary.

The trick is to recognise when things need to be changed and to make the right changes. What did Southgate do to change things?

I hope that you will change your opinion if Belgium do win the WC. But, knowing how stubborn you are, you won't.
    So they will beat Brazil and France and England (again)? Hmmmm I don't think so. The same team/squad/Manager were knocked out by Wales in the last major tournament.
    It's not my opinion of Belgium, it's your unhealthy obsession with Martinez.
  • SamB09 said:

Guardiola has the best players, hardly rocket science that he wins titles ..

Yes but Martinez doesn't.
  • Riviera said:

Riviera said:

So they will beat Brazil and France and England (again)? Hmmmm I don't think so. The same team/squad/Manager were knocked out by Wales in the last major tournament.
    How many teams have a 100% record at this World Cup?
  • se9addick said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

I think that's a question for around 7pm on Sunday 15th July.
  • Riviera said:

Riviera said:

I think it's rather your unhealthy obsession with knocking Martinez. I thought the aim of the game was to win matches and score plenty of goals doing it. Which is just what Belgium are doing.

Whilst Croatia will win me a shed load more than Belgium will for wining the WC I really do hope now that they do. Just to see you come out with another load of bollocks!
  • WSSWSS
    edited July 2018
    se9addick said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Two? Croatia and Belgium?
  • WSS said:

se9addick said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Well that is debatable. Depends which side of the fence with the penalty shoot out argument but for the reasons stated above I'm not sad to have seen them go through.
  • Riviera said:

Riviera said:

I think it's rather your unhealthy obsession with knocking Martinez. I thought the aim of the game was to win matches and score plenty of goals doing it. Which is just what Belgium are doing.

Whilst Croatia will win me a shed load more than Belgium will for wining the WC I really do hope now that they do. Just to see you come out with another load of bollocks!
    I have nothing against Belgium. This thread is 6 years old and starts with you suggesting that Liverpool are going to take Martinez as their manager. You revived the thread tonight. You are obsessed with him like you were with Houliller.
    I still do not think that Belgium will beat both France and Brazil as they have to (amongst others) to win the 2018 World Cup.
  • WSS said:

se9addick said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Nice edit.
  • Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

I have nothing against Belgium. This thread is 6 years old and starts with you suggesting that Liverpool are going to take Martinez as their manager. You revived the thread tonight. You are obsessed with him like you were with Houliller.
    I still do not think that Belgium will beat both France and Brazil as they have to (amongst others) to win the 2018 World Cup.
    Revive a thread that is 9 months old or start a new one. Can't win either way. And you only don't like the fat I have because you described him as a "crap club manager" despite others pointing out his successes at previous clubs. But don't let the facts get in the way eh?

I look forward to eating a massive amount of humble pie if and when they do win the 2018 World Cup.
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Revive a thread that is 9 months old or start a new one. Can't win either way. And you only don't like the fat I have because you described him as a "crap club manager" despite others pointing out his successes at previous clubs. But don't let the facts get in the way eh?

I look forward to eating a massive amount of humble pie if and when they do win the 2018 World Cup.
    And I hope you enjoy it.
  • Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

I look forward to you eating a massive amount of humble pie if and when they do win the 2018 World Cup.
    And I hope you enjoy it.
    I will.
  • Martinez first match in charge of Belgium was a friendly which they lost 2-0 to Spain. Since that game Belgium's record is:

Played - 23
    Won - 18
    Drawn - 5
    Lost - 0
    Scored - 76
    Conceded - 20

No country in the world can match that run. Yes they do have some great players. But so do a lot of other countries who are already going home.

And they proved tonight that, under Martinez, they can play one touch football or direct if needs be. Look at how Chadli, who couldn't get in the WBA side last season and Fellini, who rarely got a kick for Man Utd, performed when they came on.
    But then both Fellini and Lukaku were brilliant under Martinez at Everton.

In the time since Martinez got Everton have spent £217m on players and look where that has taken them - about the same place as Martinez left them but he never had the benefit of those funds to improve the side.

Which season did fellini play for him at Everton?
  • WSS said:

se9addick said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Uruguay and Belgium.
  • C_A_F_C said:

WSS said:

se9addick said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Uruguay and Belgium.
    Please move to here..... http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/82433/football-quiz-questions#latest
  • SamB09 said:

Guardiola has the best players, hardly rocket science that he wins titles ..

2010 pep was the manger of the Spanish champions, 2014 he was the manager of the German champions, 2018 he is the manager of........
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Martinez first match in charge of Belgium was a friendly which they lost 2-0 to Spain. Since that game Belgium's record is:

Played - 23
    Won - 18
    Drawn - 5
    Lost - 0
    Scored - 76
    Conceded - 20

No country in the world can match that run. Yes they do have some great players. But so do a lot of other countries who are already going home.

And they proved tonight that, under Martinez, they can play one touch football or direct if needs be. Look at how Chadli, who couldn't get in the WBA side last season and Fellini, who rarely got a kick for Man Utd, performed when they came on.

In the time since Martinez got Everton have spent £217m on players and look where that has taken them - about the same place as Martinez left them but he never had the benefit of those funds to improve the side.

2013-14 for four games before he was sold for £27.5m to United. But I do get your point even though he might have been brilliant in those four games!
  • edited July 2018

Cafc43v3r said:

Martinez first match in charge of Belgium was a friendly which they lost 2-0 to Spain. Since that game Belgium's record is:

Played - 23
    Won - 18
    Drawn - 5
    Lost - 0
    Scored - 76
    Conceded - 20

2013-14 for four games before he was sold for £27.5m to United. But I do get your point even though he might have been brilliant in those four games!
    He wasn't sold to Utd, he was bought by Moyes, retained by van Gaal and retained and re-signed by Mourinho; one of the most successful club managers of the modern era.
    He is probably the most effective impact player in the EPL since Duncan Ferguson. Martinez brought him on when his side had effed up badly and he got him out of jail, but Martinez is apparently the master tactician!
  • Riviera said:

Cafc43v3r said:

Played - 23
    Won - 18
    Drawn - 5
    Lost - 0
    Scored - 76
    Conceded - 20

He wasn't sold to Utd, he was bought by Moyes, retained by van Gaal and retained and re-signed by Mourinho one of the most successful club managers of the modern era.
    Nice edit but for every transaction there has to be a buyer and a seller - didn't they teach you that in the City?

And in 5 years there he has started 66 League matches or an average of 13 per season. He's that good that "Mourinho one of the most successful club managers of the modern era" started him in 5 matches last season!!!
  • Riviera said:

Cafc43v3r said:

Played - 23
    Won - 18
    Drawn - 5
    Lost - 0
    Scored - 76
    Conceded - 20

He wasn't sold to Utd, he was bought by Moyes, retained by van Gaal and retained and re-signed by Mourinho one of the most successful club managers of the modern era.
    Nice edit but for every transaction there has to be a buyer and a seller - didn't they teach you that in the City?

And in 5 years there he has started 66 League matches or an average of 13 per season. He's that good that "Mourinho one of the most successful club managers of the modern era" started him in 5 matches last season!!!
    "Impact Player" Which of those two words do you not understand?