Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Takeover rumour.... again!!!

edited May 2012 in Rumours
Now... not wanting to put the cat among the pidgeons but thought I'd share something with you. I had a Qatari gentleman in my cab today who was 'gushing' about charlton and claimed that 'the Qataris' are looking at us and Fulham! Now this could well be (and probably is) bullshit but got me thinking as to whether we would be keen on such a development or if we are happy to make steady progress under Slater/Jiminez and the Mysterons?

Comments

• im happy with the situation we have now thanks
  • im happy with the situation we have now thanks
    THIS. We are secure at the moment with our current owners and don't want a Venkys - Blackburn happening to us.
  • Yaaaaaaaawwwwnnn
  • Did he want to go south of the river?
  • What the fcuk is that picture next to my name?

Is someone pulling my wotsit here?
  • The Qataris bought Harrods from Al Fayed, so there is precedence for them buying 'trophy' assets from him.
  • The Qataris bought Harrods from Al Fayed, so there is precedence for them buying 'trophy' assets from him.
    maybe the Michael Jackson statue :)
  • Yaaaaaaaawwwwnnn
    got your finger stuck there son?
  • IF, what I was told about the mysterons a few weeks ago is true, the Qataris aren't looking to buy us, they already have a significant stake in us. I don't know if this is true or not. It's just what I was told by someone who has no interest in Charlton whatsoever and works in the wealth management industry.
  • Sponsored links:

• At last I can finally put my teat towel on my head.
  • I have always wondered since we got taken over if The Mysterons are really a bunch of real rich blokes like with Man City. That really would be quite fun, wouldn't it?
  • teat towel ? Mmmm kinky.
  • "IF, what I was told about the mysterons a few weeks ago is true, the Qataris aren't looking to buy us, they already have a significant stake in us. I don't know if this is true or not. It's just what I was told by someone who has no interest in Charlton whatsoever and works in the wealth management industry."

They're talking bollocks, there is no Qatari involvement at all
  • Can't wait to see Fergies face when little old Charlton nab the league off him.
    Time2retire

• They're talking bollocks, there is no Qatari involvement at all
    Fair comment
  • edited May 2012
    Mr Slater has a cold and a touch of catarrh, that's all.
  • Addickted.....Like it
  • Love these rumours ... more please
  • I have heard a rumour that Qatar doesn't actually exist, and all these "Qatari businessmen" that people keep bumping into are actually all Welsh on a windup.
  • Sponsored links:

• To be honest, I can't see it. I would guess that Jiminez and Slater have the contacts and they probably know that if they get the club to a certain point they can sell it for a good profit. If they already had a backer waiting in the wings silently, well why would the backer want to do that?
  • Im sure if we get to the Premiership this is the route the ulitmate owners will go. TJ and MS might stay but the money man might cash in by selling to Middle Eastern types looking for a new toy.

Cant understand why else anyone would have bought us.
  • I still believe we are owned by some real rich middle eastern outfit and i'm all for it. As i've said on the planning application thread - not interested in a move away from the valley unless we go 'mega' with a mega budget like Man City have. How funny would it be to Lord it over Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs.
  • Now... not wanting to put the cat among the pidgeons but thought I'd share something with you. I was on the train today and sat next to a lady with a fake tan who was 'gushing' about charlton and claimed that 'Simon Jordan' is looking at us and Fulham! Now this could well be (and probably is) bullshit but got me thinking as to whether we would be keen on such a development or if we are happy to make steady progress under Slater/Jiminez and the Mysterons?
  • I still believe we are owned by some real rich middle eastern outfit and i'm all for it.
    We aren't I'm afraid. It's an English individual based abroad.
  • Careful, RCT, or they will have to shoot you... ;-)
  • Careful, RCT, or they will have to shoot you... ;-)
    ;-)
  • Now... not wanting to put the cat among the pidgeons but thought I'd share something with you. I was on the train today and sat next to a lady with a fake tan who was 'gushing' about charlton and claimed that 'Simon Jordan' is looking at us and Fulham! Now this could well be (and probably is) bullshit but got me thinking as to whether we would be keen on such a development or if we are happy to make steady progress under Slater/Jiminez and the Mysterons?
    i dare say he is looking at us - in admiration and wondering where it all went so wrong for him.
  • RCT is ITK
  • Not really mate just something I heard from someone who wouldnt have a reason to give it the billy bullshit and it seemed plausible.