Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

stuart beavon

edited May 2012 in Rumours
i heard that we are closer to signing Stuart Beavon from Wycombe , what would you think of him playing in the squad.

Comments

• Options
    Another thread of another player who we are no closer to signing. We are as close to signing beavon as we are to signing lionel messi
  • Options
    Interesting one, known at WW as the Beaver. Didn't play his 1st League game until he was almost 26, just 2 years ago....28th birthday a few days ago, so no young 'un.

Anyway, he's only 5' 7"...... so many CL posters would be "underwhelmed".
  • Options
    Seems we're close to signing Beavon! Baldock and Rhodes. Well someone's telling porkies ;0)
  • Options
    Baldock Rhodes kermo and brad will do me just fine
  • Options
    Sky report that Millwall are in the driving seat to sign him.

Sky Sports understands Millwall have made a bid for Wycombe Wanderers striker Stuart Beavon.

Beavon, who swept the board at the club's recent player of the season awards, scored 25 goals in all competitions for the Chairboys this term.

A number of clubs have been keeping tabs on Beavon and now they are ready to make a move for his services this summer.

Wycombe face a major battle to keep hold of Beavon following their relegation from League One with clubs higher up the football pyramid chasing his signature.

Charlton, Preston and Sheffield United have all expressed an interest in Beavon, but Millwall are hoping to steal a march on their rivals by tabling an offer for the player.

Millwall boss Kenny Jackett is keen to add to his attacking options next season and he is hoping to win the race for Beavon.
  • Options
    Well if Millwall are in for him , I hope we sign him just to p!ss them off.
  • Options
    Well if Millwall are in for him , I hope we sign him just to p!ss them off.
    Careful, I believe we ended up with Dowie as manager for similar reasons and we all know how successful that turned out!
  • Options
    As I mentioned in another thread, he may have had a very good season in front of goal but it's the only one he's had. Here's a reminder of what a prolific career he's had:

Year Club Div Apps Goals
    06/07 Weymouth BSP 20 7
    07/08 Weymouth BSP 39 3
    08/09 Weymouth BSP 27 14
    08/09 Wycombe (loan) L2 8 0
    09/10 Wycombe L1 25 3
    10/11 Wycombe L2 37 3

So let's all hope that Millwall get their man.................................................................
  • Options
    Agree with that, not for us. We already have better.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    If he's only just become a prolific goalscorer, there must be some reason for it. Given that Wycombe went down it's hardly likely to be that he was getting wonderful service from his team mates. Perhaps he's worked really hard at improving his game and that would suggest that he'd have a positive attitude. He may well, therefore, be a Chris Powell type player. I'll be happy if we get him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sure he has been assessed by our coaches and if we want him then I doubt we won't make contact. We may of course have bigger fish to fry or don't want him.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Maybe the rumour regarding a swap for Hayes and DNG a some legs and that Millscum are looking to partner Hayes and Beavon again?
  • Options
    Certainly we're in a better position than Millwall to judge him, seeing that we have recent experience of playing Wycombe.
  • Options
    As I mentioned in another thread, he may have had a very good season in front of goal but it's the only one he's had. Here's a reminder of what a prolific career he's had:

Year Club Div Apps Goals
    06/07 Weymouth BSP 20 7
    07/08 Weymouth BSP 39 3
    08/09 Weymouth BSP 27 14
    09/10 Wycombe L1 25 3
    10/11 Wycombe L2 37 3

So let's all hope that Millwall get their man.................................................................
    and I'm sure if you looked at Pritchard's stats this time last summer you would be been just as underwelmed, more so, as he was 27 and never played a single game in League football. Shows how wrong you can be.

• Options
    large, pritchard is a midfielder tho not a striker, we signed fleetwood after he banged in 30+ in the conference. beavon has only hit double figures once since 2006.
  • Options

Year Club Div Apps Goals
    06/07 Weymouth BSP 20 7
    07/08 Weymouth BSP 39 3
    08/09 Weymouth BSP 27 14
    09/10 Wycombe L1 25 3
    10/11 Wycombe L2 37 3

Careful Tango I made a similar point about Baldock and everyone couldn't wait to have a dig
  • Options
    I'm not slating Beavon, just pointing out the stats for goals, which is, after-all, what has made him flavour of the month. Thought he had a great season and I have been impressed with what I have seen this season.

We can all hit a purple patch in our lives and perform above above our average, and that could be exactly what has happened with Beavon this season. Personally, I'd rather someone a bit more consistant........................

• Options
    Can do better than Beavon in my opinion. Want somone younger too, as Yann and BWP not exactly spring chickens
  • Options
    BWP is only 27!

Also Haynes can do a job up top.
  • Options
    Sir Chris has already said publically that we are not interested in him. And I hope Millwall get him personally.