Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karleigh Osborne to leave Brentford

edited May 2012 in Rumours
I've posted this on Rumours but I thought given him being seriously linked with us last summer I would post it seperately . Karleigh has annouced he is leaving Brentford on Twitter . A CB who can play RB ,so could he be what we are looking for ?

karl osborne ‏ @karl_osborne22
Just want to say a massive thankyou to all the players,staff and fans for the amazing years that Iv had at #brentfordfc
With a doubt I love the club but think its time for a fresh start and I really hope that Brentfordfc get where they deserve to be.

Comments

• Options
    Depends whether he can make the step up one level?
  • Options
    Intriguing. You'd like to think he'd be one of the ones we were looking at. Young, ambitious, can play in a few positions.

Could be nothing in it but certainly seems a Chris Powell type fo player
  • Options
    "with a doubt I love the club"... lol, should have got his Agent to proof read b4 he posted that!
  • Options
    "with a doubt I love the club"... lol, should have got his Agent to proof read b4 he posted that!
  • Options
    Reckon he's already got a contract.

Maybe not with us but with someone.
  • Options
    was going to sign for reading earlier in the season but failed his medical
  • Options
    Has received a lot of stick from the brentford fans about his performances.
  • Options
    Brentford fans I've spoken to say he is one of their best players
  • Options
    I preferred Magnus okongahae (sp ?) - thought he looked immense when col beat us at the valley.
  • Options
    was going to sign for reading earlier in the season but failed his medical
    BWP failed his medical at Reading and joined us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A pacy young CB who can also cover RB

sign him up
  • Options
    On the bees forum they reckon he is mustard!

Sign him up!!!
  • Options
    We were strongly linked with him last season, would fit the policy of signing young and hungry players. Expect him to be in the Championship next season regardless.
  • Options
    these are some of the comments which made me laugh from brentford fans at the start of the season.

you wonder why Karleigh would leave to go there

dont see why he would want to go to Charlton fair enough they are a bigger club than us but he can get a championship club and this would be a sideways step IMHO

Charlton is hardly a step up, its not as if he was being offered guaranteed Championship football, they underachieved last season why should this season be any different
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    the reason we didnt go in for him in Jan is because it seems Brentford were less than polite to the Charlton board when we asked about signing him in the summer and when we played at their place. So tbh either we've got better targets or we're probably going to renew our interest
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    @LoneRanger88 posted this on the legendary rumours thread.

Sky today

Sky Sports understands a host of clubs are chasing former Brentford defender Karleigh Osborne.

Highly-rated defender Osborne is available on a free transfer after seeing out his contract at Griffin Park.

Brentford were keen to keep hold of Osborne, but the defender turned down the offer of a new deal as he seeks a new challenge.

The news has alerted a number of clubs to Osborne's availability on a free transfer this summer with the likes of Nottingham Forest, Hull City and Charlton all admirers of the player.

The 24-year-old came through the youth ranks at Brentford and has established himself as one of the best defenders outside the top two leagues in England.
  • Options
    We should go for Okunghae and sign up Osbourne
  • Options
    If that's true then he could well be the first in the Nike shirt photographed on The Valley pitch.
  • Options
    If we had four bids rejected for him in the summer Powell was obviously very keen on him so I would have thought that he is even more so now that he is a free agent, I expect him to be our first signing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Okunghae is a more experienced but slower version of Mambo.
    Osbourne is a younger version of Bramble, a mistake iminent.
    Prefer Manny Smith or Krystian Pearce, also out of contract.
  • Options
    Okunghae is a more experienced but slower version of Mambo.
    Osbourne is a younger version of Bramble, a mistake iminent.
    Prefer Manny Smith or Krystian Pearce, also out of contract.
    heard from brentford fans osborne's cut out the mistakes from his game. Probably due to more first team football. Even so, remember what wednesday said about morrison? I think Powell can wave his wand once more.
  • Options
    Manny Smith and Osbourne too.
  • Options
    Has to be better then Taylor.

Taylor our weakest link, 4th division player. Just saying ;)
  • Options
    Yep Taylor was awful.... Disagree a touch with you Gaz.

For 90% of the season Taylor was equal to Morro, just slower.
  • Options
    Has to be better then Taylor.

Taylor our weakest link, 4th division player. Just saying ;)
    This is a wind up right? Do you watch Charlton with your eyes closed? Bobby Moore was slow,he didn't do badly.If it is pace you want you may as well play Dwain Chambers at centre half.Taylor was a very underated member of our Championship winning team.This is a team that didn't concede many goals,Taylor was a big part of that reason.

• Options
    Taylor hasn't been a weak link, but I'd like us to sign a CB with pace that can potentially step up to the Prem.

Not seen enough of any of the above, will trust Powell on that.
  • Options
    Taylor has been immense
  • Options
    Taylor has been immense
    Spot on - he is a very good player and a big part of our success this year.
  • Options
    Taylor is a beast in the air, turns relatively quickly, and reads the game very well. For league 1 in a good team,he was excellent.