Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shirt framing

edited May 2012 in General Charlton
Can anyone recommend a decent place to get this done?

Comments

• Options
    I don't want to sound tight, but I've done my own. It's not all that difficult and you can buy decent frames from places like Habitat.
  • Options
    My son was a mascot at home game in January and took a shirt and a permanent marker pen into the dressing room before the game which most of the players and Powell signed.there is a shop in pets wood that has done a very good job of framing it ,a photo of him in the centre circle before kick off and the ticket stubs.he loves it.the shop is next to a school uniform shop called oz wear but I just cannot remember the name for the life of me: Owens photographics maybe? Cost was about a hundred quid .I really recommend the mascot day as well .the club were terrific.
  • Options
    I don't want to sound tight, but I've done my own. It's not all that difficult and you can buy decent frames from places like Habitat.

did you change the glass or stick with what is provided ?

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I kept the glass that came with it.
  • Options
    Phoenix framing in Gravesend...01474-568200...ask for Steve.
    Nice fella and very reasonable cost.
    I recommend paying just a little extra and getting non-reflective glass. Gives you more options to hang it opposite windows or bright lights etc.
  • Options
    Cheers guys

Got my 1 year old a signed away shirt thanks to our skipper and wanted to get it framed along with the shorts and socks
  • Options
    Phoenix framing in Gravesend...01474-568200...ask for Steve.
    Nice fella and very reasonable cost.
    I recommend paying just a little extra and getting non-reflective glass. Gives you more options to hang it opposite windows or bright lights etc.

id recommend UV glass too to prevent the sigs fading
  • Options
    looks like it might cost a few bob , worth it in the long run I suppose
  • Options
    looks like it might cost a few bob , worth it in the long run I suppose
    correct

If your frame does not have the correct glass, then over a period of time the signatures will fade.
  • Options
    at the top end of st pancras station , he done a great job nice frame , charghed me £30.00
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There use to be one in Charlton village.....shop local!
  • Options
    Does Garry Nelson still have his picture framing business :-)
  • Options
    Does Garry Nelson still have his picture framing business :-)
    No.

• Options
    Sportsframe.co.uk are fantastic they have a Facebook page too with lots of examples on show
  • Options
    There used to be a bloke in the workshops in Lansdowne Mews.

Used him and he did a brilliant job. Also, not sure if they still do it, but Hobbycraft in Crayford used to send stuff offsite. Very reasonable price and excellent results.
  • Options
    bumping this one as have just acquired a shirt i want framing any tips bexley area 
  • Options

• Options
    Sorry, misread the thread title.
  • Options
    Not quite Bexley but I had one done in Eltham, in the little alley just off the high st.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The big match framing company, Ask for Colin 07970 785146

Best in the business.
  • Options
    Cost me £150 from a company in Blackheath
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Sorry, misread the thread title.
    At first glance, I genuinely misread it as "Shit farming"
  • Options
    Not quite Bexley but I had one done in Eltham, in the little alley just off the high st.
    I was wondering who did that.....you dirty sod!
  • Options
    £150 per shirt is the going rate.  If I go to an auction where there are shirts on offer I would scoop up anything around the £100 mark as it saves you money.  

I'm told you can get a kit from Ikea for about £10...but it looks wank
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    £150 per shirt is the going rate.  If I go to an auction where there are shirts on offer I would scoop up anything around the £100 mark as it saves you money.  

I'm told you can get a kit from Ikea for about £10...but it looks wank

• Options
    Curb_It said:
    I had one done by this company about 2 years ago, did a great job and very reasonable. Framing shop in Blackheath which has since gone was ridiculous price. Not sure the Eltham one is still there though, I didn't see it when I walked through a while back.
  • Options
    Rcd prints
    9 the arcade 
    Eltham 

Still there according to a quick Google 
  • Options
    Rcd prints
    9 the arcade 
    Eltham 

Still there according to a quick Google 
    Been a lot of development at that area of Eltham maybe they had to move out for a bit, or I missed it which is more likely! Good to know they are still there was very happy with what they did.
  • Options
    You can get special frames on e-bay which will save you a lot of money.