Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Niall Quinn

Comments

• Oh here we go.

Now we have finally come to terms with the criminal coverage of Charlton's third division triumph, we're now picking on the coverage of other teams.

It was possibly the biggest game City have played in decades, and he is a Manchester City sweetheart. Think he can be left off this one time.
    and what if you are a Sky customer and also a Man Utd fan? Should you have to listen to Quinn basically cheering on City? Very unprofessional.
  • Sky probably thought they were balancing things out and perhaps they would have got stick from City fans had they gone for a neutral, but still had Neville in the studio.

Wouldn't have been an issue as far as I am concerned as Neville has turned into a class analyser, but can see they could have expected flak regardless.

As for Quinn, yes it was obvious he was a City fan, but really didn't feel it was an issue during the game. If you want real bias, have a listen to Brian Moore for England rugby games...he's hilarious!! ;-)
    But surely Brian Moore anyalising England playing rugby on an English radio station should be bias? Like Boycott on TMS.
  • I can't say I'm surprised that NLA couldn't understand him. It doesn't appear that his English is very good.
    Did that really need to be said?
  • I couldn't give a toss about the result but I thought Quinn was awful too.
    The bit at the end where he was basically shouting at a city player to get back and defend was laughable.
    I am also in the GN fan club. His analysis and insight is great and doesn't seem to have much of a pro Utd slant.

A big surprise for me as I couldn't stand him as a player.
  • thought Quinn was ok, didn't think he was too City biased. Alan Smith sends me to sleep so anything is better than his monotone drawl.
  • You want bias then listen to Alan Smith when he covers an Arsenal game.
  • quinn was totally bias anyone would have thought city where the best team the world has ever seen, personally i thought both teams where shite.poor premier league for me this year.
  • Lol I can't understand a word he has said mate , dunno how you can

Utd blown it poor show from them tbh come for the draw
    Seriously? He has a v ery soft Irish accent
    Agreed, try listening to someone from Cork.
  • Really like Niall Quinn. Genuinely nice bloke. Never had an issue understanding him before, and would never give him stick for being biased.

This post was brought you by My 2 Cents.com
  • Quinn was ridiculously biased last night bit I think he can be forgiven given it was such a momentous evening for City and he's obviously still a big fan of the club.

Gary Neville was laudably magnanimous afterwards and continues to impress with his analysis etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• I really did not notice any bias but then i do hate utd for representing everything wrong with English football IMO.

Though it is laughable if any United fans are complaining about bias after one match/incident but then they are the most important club in the world, apparently.
  • seem to be a lot of Utd fans on here with nothing better to moan about!
  • You bias prick, hope Ferguson gives you a slap you lanky streak of piss
    Completely over the top Steve? Are you a united fan - why would you be so irate about it?

I like United yes B but the point when he was goading Ferguson was disgraceful.

• `Disgraceful' - LOL....what did he say then?

• I loves him i do. Great big smiley faced man with a big heart.

Think he was one of the first players to donate all the money from his testimonial to charity.
  • irish. dont like him.
  • Nice bloke, wrong job. He kept waffling on and on losing his thread, would rather have had 'My word'.

Bar Gary Neville there's not many on Sky who actually are any good at presenting/commentating.

• The Gary Neville love in is becoming a bit sick. And not sick like the kids mean it.
  • irish. dont like him.
    Racist? Don't like you.

• i do hate utd for representing everything wrong with English football IMO.

What, like being successful? I know. It's disgusting that they've won so many EPL titles by playing excellent, exciting football.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2012
    i do hate utd for representing everything wrong with English football IMO.
    What, like being successful? I know. It's disgusting that they've won so many EPL titles by playing excellent, exciting football.
    I mistakenly assumed that the red in "Chirpy Red" referred to Charlton.
    Ah well, explains a lot.
  • I loves him i do. Great big smiley faced man with a big heart.
    Who, northstandsteve?
  • i do hate utd for representing everything wrong with English football IMO.
    I mistakenly assumed that the red in "Chirpy Red" referred to Charlton.
    Ah well, explains a lot.
    No mistake. Red is for Charlton, but I'm a football fan first.
  • You bias prick, hope Ferguson gives you a slap you lanky streak of piss
    Completely over the top Steve? Are you a united fan - why would you be so irate about it?

I like United yes B but the point when he was goading Ferguson was disgraceful.

Ferguson's mind games on Keegan were a thing of genius. Same rules apply when the roles are reversed.
  • edited May 2012
    Sky probably thought they were balancing things out and perhaps they would have got stick from City fans had they gone for a neutral, but still had Neville in the studio.

Wouldn't have been an issue as far as I am concerned as Neville has turned into a class analyser, but can see they could have expected flak regardless.

As for Quinn, yes it was obvious he was a City fan, but really didn't feel it was an issue during the game. If you want real bias, have a listen to Brian Moore for England rugby games...he's hilarious!! ;-)
    But surely Brian Moore anyalising England playing rugby on an English radio station should be bias? Like Boycott on TMS.

Boycs isn't biased, he's just outspoken and opinionated.

"My old mum coulda played that in 'er pinny"

• irish. dont like him.
    Racist? Don't like you.

i dont like salad
  • Right who's going to set up the troll net, and state at the next match he's co-commentary is SHITE.

No true personal beliefs were setup in this comment. Please do not contact the mesagee.
  • In my bad grammar, where he's is should have read Gary Neville. Made the comment utterly meaningless....
  • There is an "Edit" facility on here.
  • There is an "Edit" facility on here.
    Any chance then of you ever using it?