Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Songs that start as one song then morphs into a different song. (For the music bods)

examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhCXAiNz9Jo&ob=av2n

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r_EZBnmhy4&feature=related

does this have a name? can the music bods tell me? and are there any other examples?

Comments

• Options
    It's a Long Way To Tipperary/Pack Up Your Troubles....
  • Options
    morph = 'segue' .. a smmmoooothhhh transition from one topic/tune to the next
  • Options
    one of the best ? .. Abraxas.. Santana .. from 'Black Magic Woman' to 'Gypsy Queen'
  • Options
    You should try listening to some mathcore. Never mind morphing into another song - sometimes there's about five different songs being played at once!
  • Options
    the Beatles' Abbey Road .. one continuous series of 'segues'
  • Options
    Streets of Sorrow / Birmingham Six - The Pogues
  • Options
    Its just mixing isn't it?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    mixing is a form of segue .. but so is for example an unbroken medley of songs sung live (medley, NOT melody)
  • Options
    It ain't necessarily the St James Infirmary (Zappa). A blend of Gershwin's It ain't necessarily so and The Saint James Infirmary Blues
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Zappa .. an underrated genius of musical satire
  • Options
    It's mighty morphing power Records
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Zappa .. an underrated genius of musical satire
    Indeed. I might just add him to the famous people you met before they died thread.
  • Options
    The first side (in old money) of Todd Rundgren's A Wizard, A True Star is a psychedelically strange example of songs segueing into each other.
  • Options
    A Day in the Life
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    some nice ones on

Flaming lips - Yoshima battles the pink robots

and of course Dark side of the moon
  • Options
    The Stranglers did it with Do you wanna? and Death and Night and Blood - not exactly song for Europe material but thunderous stuff all the same
  • Options
    The Stranglers did it with Do you wanna? and Death and Night and Blood - not exactly song for Europe material but thunderous stuff all the same
    They certainly did!
  • Options
    I recognise that picture - the very album in fact! Absolute classic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Layla - Derek and the Dominoes
    The Killing of Georgie - Rod Stewart
    A lot of Queen tracks
  • Options
    Soft Cell - Tainted Love/Where Did Our Love Go?
    Many Pink Floyd, but the most notable to me seems to be Brain Damage/Eclipse that join so well it sounds bizarre when one comes up on shuffle without the other.
  • Options
    Marc Bolan / T.Rex - Raw Ramp [ Classic b-side /Get It On]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPtYQsvAABk
  • Options
    This one has alot of morphing in it..........................................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMkRybbABuQ
  • Options
    Pet Shop Boys: Where the Streets Have No Name <><><><><> Can't Take My Eyes Off You
  • Options
    Don't know if this counts but Band On The Run by Wings segues through two very different musical moods before moving onto the main, best-known section of the song.
  • Options
    Don't know if this counts but Band On The Run by Wings segues through two very different musical moods before moving onto the main, best-known section of the song.
    the first videos at the top mate has that, as a kid i loved the way it was 2 songs in one have loved songs like that ever since hence why i started this thread to see if there were more examples
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I'm Mandy Fly Me - 10cc
  • Options
    Radiohead's Paranoid Android was originally two different songs.

Gomez - In Our Gun - awesome electronic thing at the end has nothing to do with previous 5 mnutes.
  • Options
    Louis Prima - Just a gigolo/I ain't got nobody. Covered by David Lee Roth In the eighties.