Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Dreams

edited April 2012 in General Charlton
Taking medication for a tooth infection at the moment, have been having very weird dreams the last few nights.

Last night i was convinced we were in the semi final of the FA cup against Oldham and Hales was in goal! Looking forward to dreaming about the result and final tonight, popping more pills as we type :)

Any other Charlton dreams out there?

Comments

• Options
    keep taking the tablets .. before you know it we'll be winning the euroleague .. with Keith Peacock in goal
  • Options
    I had a wet dream while awake last Saturday afternoon and the one before.
  • Options
    I had a wet dream while awake last Saturday afternoon and the one before.
    i hope you wer'nt sitting behind me.
  • Options
    I think in our relegation from the prem i had a dream we'd win 5-1 or something and it gave us the impetus and momentum to stay up. I think we lost 2-0 that day though.
  • Options
    My late friend Bob had a fatal degenerative disease and was on some pretty heavy medication - at least at night. I assume it was that which caused the following dream which he told me about one day as we were driving to the game 8-10 years ago. Those who new Bob will recognise the wicked sense of humour:

Bob had become incredibly rich (how was never explained). He bought the club - and was kind enough to make me FD - and then expanded the ground to 40000 and built a multi-storey car park behind the West stand. With almost limitless amounts of cash to spend we proceeded to win the league title many (>10) years in a row, but the detail I most enjoyed was this:

Bob paid £xm to bring Scott Parker back to the club, and then put him to work in the North stand catering outlet frying burgers and fined him a week's wages every time he burned a burger.

RIP Bob
  • Options
    That would be a lot of weeks wages Hugo!
  • Options
    I don't think he got to enjoy many of Bob's billions. Revenge is sweet :-)
  • Options
    Funnily enough, I was having a Charlton dream as the alarm went off this morning. I arrived at the end of a penalty shoot out at Wembley where we were playing Aston Villa. Someone that I didn't recognise blazed over the bar causing us to lose. The strange thing though was that we had won the game 1-0. There were no supporters down either side of the pitch. The Charlton end was packed, but the Villa end was sparsely filled as their players ran to them at the end.

Next year's play off final, I reckon, although hopefully the referee won't take it to penalties if we have won 1-0.
  • Options
    Last night we were in the Champions league final playing..................Dover!
  • Options
    Woke up this morning (obviously) had a dream we were playing Palace , and they had just missed a penalty.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I posted this in another thread just after the Hudderfield defeat I think...............

Had a dream that we'd blown automatic promotion on the last day by drawing with Hartlepool, finding ourselves in the play-off lottery. Woke up that morning convinced this was real. Took about half an hour to realise the dream fairies had been playing tricks on me.

Felt so relieved afterwards...............................
  • Options
    After watching the film Philomena last night. I dreamt that Martin Sixsmith rescued us from Duchetelet's clutches by buying the club. The football wasn't any better, but when he left we got a lovely book telling the story.
  • Options
    If I could dream a charlton dream,
    I’d dream the bestist team.
    The manager would hire and fire,
    And there would be no go between.

The owner would just pile in money,
    And make it his only job.
    No need to get sentimental,
    Over ridding the club of Bob.

With José Mourinho at the Valley,
    The books may never tally.
    But with the likes of Oscar, Costa and Zabaleta,
    Things would begin to look ... quite a bit better.

So come on Mr Duchetelet - do us all a favour,
    Flog us to a special one - who could become our saviour.
    Just go back to your factory, in Belgium, Holland or France?
    And leave us to real football folk - and give us all a chance.
  • Options
    Dreamt last night that Bne Hamer had rejoined us, and he'd even shaved his beard off.
  • Options
    Night all, happy pills to take......seems i need to dream BIG!!!!