Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Will the Hammers Startle the Saints ?

Tune in tonight on SkySports all you new Championship aficianados and watch two of the most expensively assembled groups of under achievers in our new division. We will be playing at least one of them twice next season. Get an early look and see what we can expect to be up against.
West Ham need to win to retain any chance of automatic promotion. Leicester need to prove that they are not just an errant group of has beens and never will bes. Allardyce and Pearson, old school centre halves, old school managers and tacticians. Will either of them still be in a job at the start of next season ?

Comments

• West Ham will draw tonight and lose in the play off semi.
  • I think West Ham will win but it won't be enough -play offs for them.
  • Could be a cracker!
  • Southampton have Coventry last game - they are going up.
    it certainly looks that way .. but who thought (for instance) that Wigan would do United and the Gunners
  • Might be on my own but I hope wet spam do get the auto and soton blow it in the play-offs as I need at least one local game next season.
    it certainly looks that way .. but who thought (for instance) that Wigan would do United and the Gunners
    Yeah but Coventry are already down so it's a bit different. If they had something to play for like Wigan had then maybe.
  • I'd like to see us do Spam next season.
  • how sweet...west ham are singing how much they hate millwall. when will they realise that the spanners are only interested in us.
  • Early days, but looks a bit duff so far.
  • Sponsored links:

Yeah but Coventry are already down so it's a bit different. If they had something to play for like Wigan had then maybe.

true
  • edited April 2012
    1-0 Leicester - Beckford header
  • Come on you Foxes
  • West Ham defence .. simply atrocious
  • and attack not a lot better !!
  • So who wants West Ham to :

A) Go up
    B) Stay in this division so we can play them next season
  • 1-1 Winston Reid
  • b) as I had them to win the title in a double with us ..
    now 1-1
  • edited April 2012
    So who wants West Ham to :

A) Go up
    B) Stay in this division so we can play them next season
    Tricky, obviously would be great to play them and its another London away. Also it is always nice to see them struggle.

But if they stay down, they'll be just as strong I'd imagine and anything to weaken the league next season to make it easier for us (hopefully)
  • Although there is not real premiership quality on display , the one thing that stands out is that there is speed and very physical athletic players out there

We need to add real pace and buy some strong athletes to compete properly

I do like the look of Marshall
  • Sponsored links:

• Although there is not real premiership quality on display , the one thing that stands out is that there is speed and very physical athletic players out there

We need to add real pace and buy some strong athletes to compete properly

I do like the look of Marshall
    I agree with every word .. they mostly look 3 inches taller, a stone heavier and a yard faster than our team .. according to sky the combined cost of the two teams is 24 million, mind you a few quid of that is on the bench. We have some buying to do in all departments I think
  • originally I wanted W Ham to go up (big spenders, top players etc) but it looks more & more likely its the play offs & I thgink they then may blow it. If they stay down do you reckon they will need to off-load some of the high earners (Nolan, Cole,Green) or can the Gold;s still bankroll them for another season ??

Also, I read on here that if W Ham go up their parachute payments for next season gets spread out amongst the other Championship clubs - which means around £2.4 million each..........is this true ???
  • I heard before that Gold had given big Sam 2 years to get them back in the Prem so assume he will bankroll for 1 more year in the Championship
  • I heard before that Gold had given big Sam 2 years to get them back in the Prem so assume he will bankroll for 1 more year in the Championship
    and as for Karen Brady ?? .. her old man was sacked a few days ago and Big Sam just aint doing the biz .. Karen .. you're fired
  • I hope they lose tonight and stay down. The future father in law is a hammer and it would make my day rubbing his face in it
    it's probable that Gold and Sullivan can offset any west ham losses against their other company profits, thus the taxpayer foots the bill
  • I hope they lose tonight and stay down. The future father in law is a hammer and it would make my day rubbing his face in it
    lol that sounds like the start of a wonderful family relationship
  • if the Hammers get in the play-offs they will lose. I'm looking forward to playing them next year.
  • Schmeichel's kicks !!! ... and that one from Collison ..
  • 1-2 .. and dare I say .. deserved