Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nathan Ashton

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
what did you think ??

looked nervous at the start but grew as the game went on. Keen to get forward on the overlap. Not 100% convinced defensively, and think size may prove to be an issue.

Needs a good loan spell at a championship club before we can make a real assessment i think.

Comments

• Options
    Played OK last night will take a while to develop into the player we want him to though.

Still remember his air clearance that cost us the Equaliser vs New Zealand Pre-season absolute classic.
  • Options
    Does size matter

It didn't to Zola - or Ashley Cole Michael Owen - I know I am comparing him to World Class players but
  • Options
    tHOUGHT HE GOT CAUGHT UP IN THE WHOLE INEPT PERFORMANCE FROM THOSE AROUND HIM.

Began launching aimless balls .. but settled in ok.
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    I thought he did ok for a first competitive match.

He was up against Kevin Gall who gave us untold trouble when he played for Yeovil.

Ashton has pace and that is a big, big, plus. He used it last night to get himself out of gaol when his positional sense let him down.

Gall may have other weaknesses in his game but pacewise Ashton will rarely come across quicker and he coped on that front.

Ashton for me was the one real positive from last night.