Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Which famous person are you most glad to have met before they died?

Reading the Bert Weedon thread made me a little sad as I met him when working at Pontin's in the early nineties. Lovely bloke.

Made me think of famous people I've met who have since died - and the one I'm most glad to have met is:

Joseph Heller (Author of Catch 22) - one of the nicest, most humble and friendly people you'd ever like to meet.

Any more?

Comments

• Bert Johnson.
  • Apart from Ted Heath not many of the ones I've met are dead yet. So of all the famous people I've met (including the ones still alive) I'd have to say Tony Benn.
  • John Entwistle and Steve Marriot.
  • edited April 2012
    Hugh Lloyd great comedy actor appearing in many Hancock's Half Hours
  • Jimi Hendrix
  • Sailor Brown
  • Sailor Brown
    My uncle's best friend and a perfect gentlemen
  • Richard Whitely.
  • John Entwistle and Steve Marriot.
    Good call. Non music choice would be Richard Burton
  • oh .. and Tommy Cooper .. jest like that !!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2012
    Sam Bartram ,I got his autograph when we played the Gills in 80/81 in the last game after our promotion .He died three months later.
  • Still around but Albert Finney, drinks in my work local from time to time and lives round the corner. Unbelievably friendly and willing to talk and show interest. Old school.
  • Still around but Albert Finney, drinks in my work local from time to time and lives round the corner. Unbelievably friendly and willing to talk and show interest. Old school.
    great actor .. they don't make em .. etc etc
  • edited April 2012
    Max Wall...He used to be a regular in the 3 Tuns, Blackheath (before it became O'Neills) and I used to work behind the bar
  • Max Wall...He used to be a regular in the 3 Tuns, Blackheath (before it became O'Neills) and I used to work behind the bar
    I remember him shopping in sainsburys in lee green when i worked there , didnt he have a twin brother ?

• Max Wall...He used to be a regular in the 3 Tuns, Blackheath (before it became O'Neills) and I used to work behind the bar
    the Three Tuns (and the Crown) was my local back in the 70s .. did you work there when Spanish Gerry was the guvnor, before the dreadful 'refurbishment' ?
    the Three Tuns (and the Crown) was my local back in the 70s .. did you work there when Spanish Gerry was the guvnor, before the dreadful 'refurbishment' ?
    No, But I was an under-age drinker at the time he was there. Some very colourful characters during that time and I still see some of the football team from that time. I started working there in 1980 post refurbishment

No, But I was an under-age drinker at the time he was there. Some very colourful characters during that time and I still see some of the football team from that time. I started working there in 1980 post refurbishment

colourful is an understatement !!! .. them was the days when Blackheath was a real village
  • Dee Dee Ramone - A Real Rock Star !
  • Conrad Hunte, West Indies opening batsman and all round gentleman.
  • Sponsored links:

• I met Morrissey in a record shop when he was recording his second solo album and chatted for quite a while. He was my absolute hero at the time.
    Unfortunately he has turned into a bit of a knob since then, not that I blame myself for that.
  • I've also met Morrissey but didn't realise he was dead?

Don't think he is but his girlfriends in a coma.......

Don't think he is but his girlfriends in a coma.......
    Aaaaarghhhh!
  • Marvin Gaye
  • Elizabeth Sladen
  • Ade Edmondson shortly before he was punched to death. I think I have the newspaper cutting somewhere

He's dead to me now.
  • Bill Shankley - such a down to earth man.
  • Alex Higgins