Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

cannon street trains

trains from cannon street are knackered at the moment and i've just been told it'll be an hour or so till anything leaves there.

as there is nothing going between cannon street and ldn bridge, ldn bridge is probably going to be a mare getting home from as well

Comments

• Wrong kind of water on tracks ?
  • Been stuck on one between cannon st & l bridge for over half an hour. Just started moving
  • You better go to the pub Dave. ;-)
  • Makes me so pleased I don't have to commute up there any more ... Hope you're not all delayed too long
  • London Bridge was a mare as well whenever it rains hard the signals fail either at Lewisham or Grove Park because I would guess they are 40 + years old and might be a bit knackered now.
  • Lightening caused the problems.
    I heard that, have to admit that's a new one on me in 30 years of commuting.

Just wait until London Bridge closes for up to 18m in 2015, that will be fun.
    I heard that, have to admit that's a new one on me in 30 years of commuting.

Just wait until London Bridge closes for up to 18m in 2015, that will be fun.
    Closing?????

• As they say in the article, they've given people plenty of warning. Plenty of warning? What so you can change your job?
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh joy, absolutely great news.... I live in Bromley and work in London Bridge, just fantastic!!
  • It's easy to say well just get off at Canon St but not that many trains go to Cannon St, especially the time I go to work. Going to be carnage.
  • Surely in 2015 you get on a Cannon St. train and get off at LB and in 2016 you get a Charing X train and get off at LB?

Bit of a nightmare but it's not as if no trains are stopping at LB for two years, or have I read it wrong?
  • Surely in 2015 you get on a Cannon St. train and get off at LB and in 2016 you get a Charing X train and get off at LB?

Bit of a nightmare but it's not as if no trains are stopping at LB for two years, or have I read it wrong?
    seems more or less correct
    http://www.networkrail.co.uk/aspx/12179.aspx

• I read it as NO trains stopping at LB for 18mnth - 2 years. But to be honest I'll be working in Canary Wharf by then so I don't know why I'm getting involved.
    What did make me laugh was that the only person the Newsshopper could be bothered to find to get a quote from was some old geezer from Kidbrooke who "has lots of friends near London Bridge". You'd have thought they could have managed to get to a station one evening and interview a few commuters?
  • interesting announcements at cannon street last night admitting that any contact with with a train with "no power" was lost !!! we send a man to the moon but a black hole exists between lb and cs? so driver doesnt have a mobile or emergency contact in cab for such an ocurrence ? what happens if there was a more serious situation eg fire terrorism etc ?
    think the announcer was just trying to tell us to p off to london bridge and get a problem out of his hair

• Have seen some plans for this via work. The good news seems to be that the trains will be longer (12 cars) by this time.
    And yes for about 8 months no CX trains stopping at LB and about the same time the year after for CS.

Also the year after as well has some plans for building a bridge and fly under near the tool box for CX trains to pass under the Thames Link trains. This looks like cutting the number of trains to CX. But no firm plans in place yet.
  • ... and from 2018 Greenwich line trains will all terminate at Cannon Street ie. no longer direct trains to Waterloo East and CX.
  • It's 6 years away, something will be sorted before then.
  • Have seen some plans for this via work. The good news seems to be that the trains will be longer (12 cars) by this time.
    And yes for about 8 months no CX trains stopping at LB and about the same time the year after for CS.

Also the year after as well has some plans for building a bridge and fly under near the tool box for CX trains to pass under the Thames Link trains. This looks like cutting the number of trains to CX. But no firm plans in place yet.
    The Thameslink programme is called Thameslink 2000, it was originally designed in the 90s...
  • Sponsored links:

• not sure what brings you that assumption, sounds like the exact opposite to me
  • Trainspotters
  • not sure what brings you that assumption, sounds like the exact opposite to me
    Please read my second post!
  • What did make me laugh was that the only person the Newsshopper could be bothered to find to get a quote from was some old geezer from Kidbrooke who "has lots of friends near London Bridge". You'd have thought they could have managed to get to a station one evening and interview a few commuters?
    He must be getting two tubes from London Bridge to get to Holborn...it's exactly the same from Charing X and takes a few minutes.

I despair sometimes about what people think is a big issue. There's more important things in life!! ;-)

• Going to have some fun now i tell ya, the trains have been a complete breeze so far but looks like its gone wrong tonight.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/sabd32a9c86e4e06a9bf4e5352be5715/details.html
  • Aha. Signalling problems. How often do we here that.
  • Points failure outside London bridge.
  • gonna say, my 15.18 out of Waterloo East ran dead on time.
  • The gates are closed now lads and lasses. I need to be somewhere tonight.