Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How was Ashley Cole ever the best lb in the world? Lahm is the man.

edited April 2012 in General Charlton
Constantly we have to listen English media bang on about A.Cole. Lahm since he got in the Germany team that was 'average', acording to bore Lawrenson and Hansen, has made a mockery of Cole defensively and offensively it's no comparison.

Comments

• Options
    Any footballer who can only kick with one foot is in my opinion not world class.
  • Options
    Especially one who struggles to know how to defend against top class opposition, or should I say doesn't even bother staying anywhere near his position when he has no defensive midfielder in the team.
  • Options
    Different positions?
  • Options
    Erm a left back? One who can play on the right, and play in midfield. Just played a couple of hundred matches for Bayern and Germany at lb.
  • Options
    Any footballer who can only kick with one foot is in my opinion not world class.
    agreed Maradona was pony
  • Options
    Best in the world? Pah!
    Coles not even the best left back at Chelsea.
  • Options
    He is naturally a right back but has been playing left back

How many times have you watched Lahm to form this opinion?
  • Options
    Lahm hasnt played his whole career at right back though, just been kinda shifted there cos Bayern and Germany have had a better 2nd right back then first left back. Bit like what Glen Johnson had to do for Liverpool last year
  • Options
    ashley cole was world class and possibly still is and definitely better than lahm
  • Options
    Lahm is a superb lb and has been for years. German efficiency with an amazing engine

The reason cole is the "best lb in the world" is because our journalists are lazy and try to overhype our leagues.

A couple of years ago Cole was fantastic but is on a downward curve now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    well he'll have a proper examination tonight against arguably the best team in the world
  • Options
    England have had a whole host of World Class players over the past 10 years or so. Rio Ferdinand - BEST CH IN THE WORLD, Steven Gerrard - BEST CM IN THE WORLD, Ashley Cole - BEST LB IN THE WORLD - David Beckham BEST RM/CM/LM IN THE WORLD, Frank Lampard - BEST MIDFIELDER IN THE WORLD.

Because of all these world class players England have dominated international football for the past decade.
  • Options
    Quite correct. You could throw Owen, Terry and Rooney onto that list.
  • Options
    Argentina have the greatest player in the world...yet still have won fuck all....its not all about individuals...(with regards to the comments about the English world class players)

Cole has been and probably still is the best left back in the world, although evra is up there...
  • Options
    Lahm all day long for me, sound defensively, but has the pace and technique to beat a man and put in a great cross, but can also spank in a long range goal too. Cole is over-hyped.
  • Options
    Lahm is the best Right back and Left back in the world. superb player.
  • Options
    Argentina have the greatest player in the world...yet still have won fuck all....its not all about individuals...(with regards to the comments about the English world class players)

Cole has been and probably still is the best left back in the world, although evra is up there...
    But surely if half your team are "the best in the world" in their posistions you should occasionally get past the 1/4's?
  • Options
    Ashley Cole is not fit to wipe Lahm's arsehole as a footballer, just another example of a pathetically over-hyped celebrity footballer.

As Chirpy says above, isn't it funny how we have so many "world class" players and yet - despite employing proven coaches like Capello/Ericsson - we just continue producing shite teams?
  • Options
    Lahm is a superb lb and has been for years. German efficiency with an amazing engine

The reason cole is the "best lb in the world" is because our journalists are lazy and try to overhype our leagues.

A couple of years ago Cole was fantastic but is on a downward curve now
    But Lahm is a right back who can play on the left, the only reason he has played LB is due to injuries, he has said himself he prefers and considers himself a RB.

I don't particularly like Cole but I will defend him a little here, as a footballer I think hge is very good. There aren't many that can say they have had the beating of him, even Ronaldo has found it tough in the past.

In this country we seem to have an obsession with saying so and so is best in the world, be it leagues, teams, players, managers, stadiums. These sort of things change all the time and in my opinion I would say he was one of the best full backs around equally Lahm is also an extremely good player.
  • Options
    Shut up. Everybody knows Wiggins is the best left back in the world.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty sure his first position is RB though
  • Options
    England have had a whole host of World Class players over the past 10 years or so. Rio Ferdinand - BEST CH IN THE WORLD, Steven Gerrard - BEST CM IN THE WORLD, Ashley Cole - BEST LB IN THE WORLD - David Beckham BEST RM/CM/LM IN THE WORLD, Frank Lampard - BEST MIDFIELDER IN THE WORLD.

Because of all these world class players England have dominated international football for the past decade.
    Well three of those five have won the Champions League and the other two have made the final.

It's not all about what they do in an England shirt.
  • Options
    Djimi Traore.

I rest my case.
  • Options
    Not sure if many of you heard but Djimi Traore has picked himself up a new contract playing for Marseille.
  • Options
    cos he was s***ing Cheryl, the Nashuns Sweethart and cos the Sun was being paid by his agent/pr man to name him as the best left back and all round bestest human being EVER
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Wasn't bad tonight eh
  • Options
    I hate the bloke but he was brilliant tonight
  • Options
    best LB in the world tonight ;)

I don't think Cole is over hyped either. People generally detest the man and will do all they can to put him down.

I personally wouldn't want anyone else filling that LB slot, England or Chelsea.
  • Options
    I'm also not keen on him as a person but he's our best left back by far. Excellent tonight along with Terry and Cahill--all English, which makes a change at the top of the Premiership.
  • Options
    a knob yes, but how many england players have been more consistent than cole for club and country over the last ten years?