Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jimmy Seed

Comments

• Ok, but I am suggesting respectfully that they might not have got that one right.

But what are you basing your position on?
  • Same as what you are basing yours on I suspect.
  • Same as what you are basing yours on I suspect.

Quite, neither of which is the same amount of information that the administrator that sunk the thread has available to him/her. The fact that it is now an ongoing criminal enquiry probably influenced the decision.
  • edited November 2018
    If there is a good reason, I am content to leave it without knowing what that reason is. I suggested it was looked at in case it was a mistake. Mind you, in your world everybody should be forbidden to even question such a thing. I think the thread was sunk at 6:30 yesterday, before the scum had even turned themselves in.

I would suggest your obey you own rules and don't put forward the reason for it being sunk if you don't know it!
  • If there is a good reason, I am content to leave it without knowing what that reason is. I suggested it was looked at in case it was a mistake. Mind you, in your world everybody should be forbidden to even question such a thing. I think the thread was sunk at 6:30 yesterday, before the scum had even turned themselves in.

I would suggest your obey you own rules and don't put forward the reason for it being sunk if you don't know it!

Fair enough.
  • Well if he was banned, he shouldn't have been.

For the record, he wasn’t.

But had he been there is a good chance you would not have been aware of the reason that he (or anyone else for that matter) had been excluded for.

You only see what you see and don’t always know the full story behind why some people are excluded, or take a break from the forum. There may be posts that you have missed, deleted posts, inbox abuse, email or other abuse / reasons that determine we no longer what them contributing to our forum.

Unless it is clearly visible in what people post then our forum moderators carry out user moderation in private, after consideration as a team, and not make a public drama of it. It’s not something that happens very often but you just have to put trust in our moderating team that they undertake this in a balanced way.

Hope that helps
    ...you left off the bit about checking out the poster's Google history when deciding to ban or not. More people should know about that moderator facility imo.
  • se9addick said:

If there is a good reason, I am content to leave it without knowing what that reason is. I suggested it was looked at in case it was a mistake. Mind you, in your world everybody should be forbidden to even question such a thing. I think the thread was sunk at 6:30 yesterday, before the scum had even turned themselves in.

Fair enough.
    You've failed the argument alert thread, you could have at least told him to efff off first!
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

Fair enough.
    You've failed the argument alert thread, you could have at least told him to efff off first!
    I don’t need any more invitations to Makros car park!
  • I thought we both dealt with the disagreement in an adult way. Ibborg may wish to be childish about it, but that's his privilege.
  • I thought we both dealt with the disagreement in an adult way. Ibborg may wish to be childish about it, but that's his privilege.

I read that, saw your avatar and imagined that you were doing the old Muttley snigger as you typed it.

Childish? No I'm snot

That's not very entertaining though, is it?
  • Having watched the clip last night, all I can say is that Jimmy Seed looks like Jimmy Seed.
  • Having watched the clip last night, all I can say is that Jimmy Seed looks like Jimmy Seed.

Do you think he exceeds...?
  • edited February 2019

AFKA said it didn't apply to him didn't he?

He said he wasn't banned.

He certainly did send various people abusive PMs, as well as being on the receiving end of some awful stuff.
    Strewth, I've just seen quite a few comments about me written when I was taking a break from CL. Not sure some of it was very fair as I was away and couldn't defend myself.

I don't want to say too much because quite rightly admin/mods don't want this sort of stuff on CL, except to admit that I pm'd two or three people (one in error Stu), and accused them of being trolls and bullies, rather than having it aired in public on a forum. Yes, I was under a lot of stress at the time, and yes I should have ignored everything, but I hope it's water under the bridge now. I've learned my lesson, thanks to some good people on CL giving me top advice, including admin.

When I returned to CL I extended an olive branch, which no-one took me up on, which is fine. But the olive branch is always there, and extends to anyone I may have offended. And I accept some of the negative comments about me were justified, in particular about my stance with the aussies.

Peace and love, as I may have once said in 1971.
  • I still would be happy for the Aussies to take us over btw, but totally understand why other have serious doubts after all the delays etc.
    And if anyone else stepped up and bought us, with the right intentions, that'd be great too.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

I still would be happy for the Aussies to take us over btw, but totally understand why other have serious doubts after all the delays etc.
    And if anyone else stepped up and bought us, with the right intentions, that'd be great too.

To get back to the subject of the thread (in a manner of speaking) how's the book going?
  • @JamesSeed beyond Jimmy's exploits with Charlton, i was completely unaware what an amazing story his life was, until i read an article on bbc sport a while back. Would make a brilliant book and film. His sister's story is really interesting too, especially now the women's game is getting more media coverage.
  • What's his sister's story then?
  • Stig said:

What's his sister's story then?

Fairly high profile munitionette footballer during WW1. Jimmy came back from the war after being gassed twice to then be ‘let go’ by Sunderland, and to find she was a bit of a star.
  • JamesSeed said:

He certainly did send various people abusive PMs, as well as being on the receiving end of some awful stuff.
    Strewth, I've just seen quite a few comments about me written when I was taking a break from CL. Not sure some of it was very fair as I was away and couldn't defend myself.

I don't want to say too much because quite rightly admin/mods don't want this sort of stuff on CL, except to admit that I pm'd two or three people (one in error Stu), and accused them of being trolls and bullies, rather than having it aired in public on a forum. Yes, I was under a lot of stress at the time, and yes I should have ignored everything, but I hope it's water under the bridge now. I've learned my lesson, thanks to some good people on CL giving me top advice, including admin.

When I returned to CL I extended an olive branch, which no-one took me up on, which is fine. But the olive branch is always there, and extends to anyone I may have offended. And I accept some of the negative comments about me were justified, in particular about my stance with the aussies.

Any reason why this has been posted?
  • JohnnyH2 said:

JamesSeed said:

Any reason why this has been posted?
    Yes as I said I saw things were posted about me when I was away and unable to reply.
    Fairness.
  • Stig said:

The women's game was very popular during the war years and attracted big crowds, but the authorities weren't happy and banned them playing i think? Something along those lines anyway, I'm happy to be corrected. She was a decent player by all accounts too.
  • YTS1978 said:

Stig said:

The women's game was very popular during the war years and attracted big crowds, but the authorities weren't happy and banned them playing i think? Something along those lines anyway, I'm happy to be corrected. She was a decent player by all accounts too.
    There are many reasons given for the banning of women’s football, ranging from the establishment not liking change, to club owners not liking women’s matches revealing just how much money they were raking in at the gate. The women were raising funds for disabled veterans, and later, striking miners, by donating gate revenues, and people were asking why if gate revenues were so high, footballers’ wages needed to be capped.
  • By coincidence I watched that Portillo programme yesterday (don't think badly of me - it's got trains in it), he was in Preston and had a feature on the Dick Kerr team. I found it interesting, it's probably on catch up if anyone else is interested.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!