Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carlisle Game

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
It wasn't a classic but
we won and that is what matters. Carlisle deserve credit for making it difficult they defended pretty well although our frequent lack of a decent final ball helped them.

Ashton impressed me. He was up against Kevin Gall, a pacy player, who embarrassed us playing for Yeovil a couple of years back. He got caught a little out of position once or twice but he has pace and used it to recover. He was also good overlapping.

On his form tonight I would place him above Sankofa in the pecking order.

Kish did a lot of unappreciated work and covered acres and acres making himself available to receive a pass. As usual all that is ignored and the one or two of the many passes he made that went astray are homed in upon.

Faye, Young, The Elk and Fortune played well and Darren Bent worked his whatsits off and deserved his goal. Sadly I felt Romm Ambrose and Marcus were below par tonight and I don't remember Tommy needing to make a save.

Cheer up it could have been another Walsall!!

Comments

• Options
    Please don't take this nastily Len, because its not intended that way, but i think you are the most blinkered individual i have ever come across !

You are starting to reach the level of the mum pleading 'he's a lovely boy really, he didn't mean to bash that old dear over the head'.

One thing is sure, christ do i admire your loyalty. I hope Kish appreciates it.
  • Options
    I do see his mistakes it's just that his mistakes seem to be highlighted more than anyone elses.

Kish is arguably the one player that plays for the badge and cares so I guess it affronts my sense of fair play when he gets slagged off. That is why I always find myself defending him. I would also put Fortune in the same category.
  • Options
    i didn't think he looked too much like that in the second half.

Where you see a bloke that is knackered, i see one that looks like he didn't, in all honesty, look like he wanted to be out there.
  • Options
    And i've never felt that it the past, i'd add.
  • Options
    I noticed him go over to the bench feeling his calf, and he grabbed a water bottle at the same time, quite early in the second half. Maybe he was carrying a knock rather than knackered.
  • Options
    Kish was absolutely woeful !! (and I actually have defended him in the past) but enough is enough !!.....he couldn't pass wind or trap a bag of wet cement...Romm was also just as frustrating....Faye (as usual) was the pick of the bunch for me, I'm liking him more and more with every game.

The 2 centre halfs didn't have much to do but did o.k, although El Kak's distribution is shocking at best !...sat in the West Upper tonight and you get a much better perspective of the game, also thought the North Upper sounded alot louder than it does on a saturday when I sit in the North Lower.

Anyway, ignoring the performance last night I took my nephew to his first ever game (he was 5 on monday)...and he absolutely loved it, he cheered from the start and the only words that came out of his mouth after our goal were 'Darren Bent Bent Bent' for the rest of the game and all the way home....plus a 'Dan when can we go again' right at the end of the night....so for me that made the trip worthwhile.