Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So how is your bum squeaking?

in comparison with Wednesday evening:

a) About the same

b) Even more

c) Amazing what a spot of WD40 can do

Comments

• in comparison with Wednesday evening:

a) About the same

b) Even more

c) Amazing what a spot of WD40 can do

• edited March 2012
    or d) Used some 'Orient-al' nerve reducing cream!!
  • About the same. but then it wasn't remotely squeaking before :-)
  • Eight clear of Wednesday plus effectively another point with goad difference. Not sure even we can blow that.
  • Few drinks in the pub beforehand and nerves were gone. Only thing that worried me today was the ref.
  • No squeaks at all. We're going up.
  • should be up now, 8 points (effectively 9) clear over wednesday. if MASSIVE were to get say 16 points from 18, then we need 8 points to seal promotion. 8 from 6 games, 5 very very winnable - should be up, but tougher to go up as champions cos united look decent
  • Eight clear of Wednesday plus effectively another point with goad difference. Not sure even we can blow that.
    Effectively, Wednesday must win 3 matches, while at the same time we must lose 3.
    That's to catch us.

All we have to do is to keep our noses in front.
    And the running down of the fixture list will do the rest.
  • The Hudds v Sheff Weds match next Saturday will be interesting.
  • A, until promotion is a mathematical certainty.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not squeaking at all. I'm enjoying the season, as should we all be.
  • Not squeaking at all. I'm enjoying the season, as should we all be.
    Very much this.
    If Huddersfield win we'll have one foot in the championship.
    Actually think Hudds losing today at Carlisle will help Wednesday next weekend. Massive blow for any remaining hopes Hudds might have harboured about getting second. They don't do playoffs do they and I reckon they will have a big hangover next week. Hope that I'm wrong.

• should be up now, 8 points (effectively 9) clear over wednesday. if MASSIVE were to get say 16 points from 18, then we need 8 points to seal promotion. 8 from 6 games, 5 very very winnable - should be up, but tougher to go up as champions cos united look decent
    Fair assesment
  • its exactly the same as weds , tight as fook nerver squeeked , we dont need 8 points we need 1 more win and a draw then game over
  • Not too worried about not going up, as I think we'll be fine on that front.

I desperately want that championship though after being 1st for 6 months. As greedy as it sounds, I would be disappointed to finish 2nd.
  • So how is your bum squeaking?

Yeah its much better thanks.
    Actually think Hudds losing today at Carlisle will help Wednesday next weekend. Massive blow for any remaining hopes Hudds might have harboured about getting second. They don't do playoffs do they and I reckon they will have a big hangover next week. Hope that I'm wrong.

Well I think that as Hudds still has a game in hand over Weds, they'll see that game as their make or break game of the season, if they win and the game in hand, they're back level...

On the other hand, who cares, we'll be outta sight then!!!
  • I'm pretty confident now with just six games left we will go up comfortable. Still think we might have to get a result at home to Hartlepool to take the title though.
  • Sponsored links:

• after last night's ruby I wouldn't quite say squeaking
  • Not like man city's ... Those guys ate crying and booing there own team at half time and full time ... Spoil fans ... How quick things can change...
  • 2 wins gets us 91- name me a team who haven't gone up on 91 points. But really want that title after the least few years we have had. Might need as much as 94 points for that!
  • Maximum points each side could possibly get

Charlton 103
    Sheffield United 97
    Sheffield Wednesday 95
    Huddersfield 92

• 2 wins gets us 91- name me a team who haven't gone up on 91 points. But really want that title after the least few years we have had. Might need as much as 94 points for that!
    91 points would have got you 3rd last year.

• Stu you are looking at it in the wrong way - If the second placed team (southampton) had got 91 - would they have finished third? Look at the tables going back as long as you like and see what the second placed team has needed to get. 91 will do it every time.
  • edited April 2012
    For anyone other than the top two, 91 would not have got auto last year though, I think it may be even higher this year, can see us and the two Sheff teams finishing on +90

Had Hudds got 91 last year, they would have still finished in the play-offs.
  • No nerves! Lol. Great winning feeling again. I want the season to go on and on... as this is special but I want to be champs also!
  • Sure, you could say that 91 points would only have got you 3rd place, last year.

Or you could equally say ......if Southampton had only got 88 points last season, they still would have finished 2nd - and automatic promotion.
  • I want to get the Oldham game out of the way before my bum stops squeaking. I think this is a potential banana skin tbh. They lost 1 - 0 to a Notts Co side we know are decent to a very late goal and you can bet that little git Dickov will know exactly the way to play us is to clatter everything in sight. A win would be huge but I'd take a point right now.