Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parking-Charlton Lane

edited March 2012 in General Charlton
Fellow Addicks. Got to the ground early for the Yeovil game. (17:30 ish). Hadn't driven there for many a long year. In Charlton lane I saw blue P (Parking) sign with the word Free underneath. Other cars there, no permits etc. Anyway parked there and ended up with ticket £130) fine. Anyone done this? Are the signs ambiguous/misleading or was I just being dim? If anyone has done this, have they challenged the ticket and won? £130 is ridiculous. I will never drive to Charlton again!

Comments

• Every sympathy with you fella....some of the parking instructions that you come across nowadays can be very confusing.
    Was the fine £130.. but reduced to £65 days if you pay within 14 days....I think it probably was?
  • Was the fine £130.. but reduced to £65 days if you pay within 14 days....I think it probably was?
    That ain't bad, half price! I might have to get one before the offer runs out! ;-)
  • Melrose, what was the offence that the ticket said you'd committed?
  • Fellow Addicks. Got to the ground early for the Yeovil game. (17:30 ish). Hadn't driven there for many a long year. In Charlton lane I saw blue P (Parking) sign with the word Free underneath. Other cars there, no permits etc. Anyway parked there and ended up with ticket £130) fine. Anyone done this? Are the signs ambiguous/misleading or was I just being dim? If anyone has done this, have they challenged the ticket and won? £130 is ridiculous. I will never drive to Charlton again!
    Because Charlton Lane is relatively narrow, you can only park on one side of the road around match day times. They put up notices saying bays suspended etc. You have to be careful as you've unfortunately found out.
  • Bad news - you got a £130 ticket
    Good news - you finally saw a home win.

You would need to be Stephen Hawking to understand the parking restrictions. Fortunately for him he is exempt.
  • One of the more daft ones is when the signs say...No Parking Monday to Sunday...or No Waiting Monday to Sunday...or even Bus Lane Monday to Sunday.
    The signs used to say....and far more simplisticly No Parking At Any Time. Much more concise and simple to follow.
  • There will have been or should have been a yellow sign suspending the bay's use for the game. You could write and ask for a copy of the photo's taken by the CEO to see if the bay suspension sign was reasonable clear but that you just missed it. If it was a long way from the car 10 M's plus an appeal could work but you do risk the full rather discounted amount of penalty charge.
  • Thanks to everyone who replied. Gonna have to take it on the chin. My first reaction was to fight it all the way, then i remembered that you can never beat the sytem (b------s) The 65 quid will be worth it when we go up as champions. Working today, Get behind the lads, we're nearly there