Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How to cancel the cafc player?

edited March 2012 in General Charlton
I was travelling abroad for a few months so I bought the player. Now I am back in the UK I no longer require it.
I have tried to cancel using the site but the site becomes messy and therefore the unsubscribe button doesn't show. Tried emailling them but my email bounced back.
Has anyone got any other suggestions on how to cancel?
Thanks!

Comments

• Exactly the same happened to me two years ago coming back from NY....I still have it.
  • I would have thought cancelling your direct debit would bring about the achieved result sooner or later.
  • I quite like having player, but it does annoy me when it is not easy to unsubcribe from anything. I think this is a general problem and scandalous.
  • I like it but being back in the UK makes it somewhat pointless. I agree that it's scandalous that I can't cancel it
  • Jut managed to log in using a friends Pc and cancel. Anyone having this issue should try a different browser or a different computer.
  • Guys I'm having the same problem with the text moving all over the screen. However I can still see the Unsubscribe button and when I click on it the text moves about again but it says I've unsubscribed. But I can still log in and watch Highlights etc. Is that normal or have I not actually unsubscribed?
  • I think you will be able to use it until your subscription runs out
  • Bringing up an old thread. But does anyone know how to do this? Where do I go to cancel?

This is all I see under the 'manage your subscriptions' bit.
  • I had the same problem, ended up calling my bank and asked them not to allow payments. They said it was set up as a debit card payment, not a direct debit. Anyway it worked and I'm no longer subscribed.
  • Bringing up an old thread. But does anyone know how to do this? Where do I go to cancel?

This is all I see under the 'manage your subscriptions' bit.

Go to your paypal account and look for recurring payments. Stop it at source and once they stop receiving your money you'll stop receiving their service.
  • Sponsored links:

• Indeed, they do make it tough to end your subscription. I had to look via the Football League website, & ended up doing it this way:

Send an email to: player.support@streamamg.com

Tell them your name, email address, & the player you are subscribing to. In this case:

http://www.player.cafc.co.uk

Depending on how close you are to your renewal time, you will need to read the following, as there are two conflicting sets of cancellation terms.

The first are the terms under the football league website guidelines, & state:

"Your subscription will be automatically renewed without notice at the end of the previous Subscription Period for a further equivalent period unless you have opted to unsubscribe from the Player Service not less than 5 days prior to the date of renewal (the “Renewal Deadline”)."

The above are the terms that you would've been given to read when you sign up.

These terms can also be found in the paragraphs under the 'Automatic Renewal' heading on the Football League website:

http://www.football-league.co.uk/documents/player-ii-site-terms-and-conditions-final-15-june-2015

The second disclaimer, from what seems to be the company that handles the financial aspects of the subscription states:

"Please be advised that 10 working days' notice is required for cancellation on this product, cancellation within this period may result in your being charged for the next period"

I wanted to cancel my subscription 9 days before automatic renewal, & sent an email to the above player.support email address, which highlighted the 'no less than 5 days prior..' terms, & that these were the terms I had agreed upon when I started my subscription, NOT the 'no less than 10 days cancellation..etc'.

They were very good, & adhered to the 5 days notice period.

I hope this helps, & is not too convoluted an answer.
  • edited January 2016
    I cancelled recently, in mid-year for my subscription. I think it was the same email address that Stefco gives. They wrote back to confirm cancellation within a few days, didn't hassle me at all (not so far, anyway). Of course, I got no refund, or to put it another way, I can still use the service until the summer.

I think I got the email address from my last renewal confirmation email.
  • Pull the lead out.
  • I've just cancelled my direct debit. Are you saying that this doesn't work and I have to email them?
  • My player subscription has just expired. Normally the direct debit automatically renews but it didn't this time. I am now debating whether to renew or not. It's the only way I can listen to games. Do the club get any money from this?
  • johnny73 said:

My player subscription has just expired. Normally the direct debit automatically renews but it didn't this time. I am now debating whether to renew or not. It's the only way I can listen to games. Do the club get any money from this?

I don't believe they do, think it goes to the football league who then pay CAFC a flat fee. That's how I'm justifying it anyway.

Next year the club are moving away from the Player service I believe.
  • Thanks. I think I'll hold off until next season then.
  • edited February 2017
    johnny73 said:

My player subscription has just expired. Normally the direct debit automatically renews but it didn't this time. I am now debating whether to renew or not. It's the only way I can listen to games. Do the club get any money from this?

I don't believe they do, think it goes to the football league who then pay CAFC a flat fee. That's how I'm justifying it anyway.

Mmmmm.....I need to get that confirmed before they take my subscription for a service that they won't be supplying.....think this needs checking out, thanks for the heads up Leeds_Addick.

• class="Quote" rel="Leeds_Addick">

johnny73 said:

Mmmmm.....I need to get that confirmed before they take my subscription for a service that they won't be supplying.....think this needs checking out, thanks for the heads up Leeds_Addick.
    Agree, tried to find out when I started my sub but couldn't find anything concrete.

Post back in here if you find anything :)
  • Sponsored links:

• class="Quote" rel="Leeds_Addick">

johnny73 said:

Agree, tried to find out when I started my sub but couldn't find anything concrete.

Post back in here if you find anything :)

Will do.

• I quite like having player, but it does annoy me when it is not easy to unsubcribe from anything. I think this is a general problem and scandalous.

Mobile phone networks are the worst for this. You cannot simply cancel your payments or send an email, you need to call them so they can waste your time talking to a retention manager who insults your intelligence over and over again.
  • Fiiish said:

I quite like having player, but it does annoy me when it is not easy to unsubcribe from anything. I think this is a general problem and scandalous.

Mobile phone networks are the worst for this. You cannot simply cancel your payments or send an email, you need to call them so they can waste your time talking to a retention manager who insults your intelligence over and over again.
    Can't you just cancel the DDR ?
  • You email them, thats what I did and it was done the same day.
  • edited February 2017

johnny73 said:

AFAIK the clubs get paid on the basis of how many subscribers they have. They also used to divvy up other internet rights and related central evenue on the same basis, but that was a few years ago.
  • Fiiish said:

I quite like having player, but it does annoy me when it is not easy to unsubcribe from anything. I think this is a general problem and scandalous.

Can't you just cancel the DDR ?
    They cancelled it in November 1989. You're welcome :-)