Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reflections of Carlisle game

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
Did the team put in improved performance ? No

Will will take confidence into the Villa game and hopefully build momentum ? No

Did any of the fringe players taking part look like they are about to make an impact on the first team ? No

Did any of the senior pros shine and look like they were two leagues above the opposition ? No

Are we in the hat for the next round ? Yes

I wouldn't outright say disappointing, more frustrating performance tonight. We're just not gelling all over the park. Our creativity, distribution and quality of provider balls is simply not up to scratch regardless of the opposition. Even Benty is starting to look out of sorts, despite sticking one away.

Don't know if you were there Len, but even when the chips are down for Kish in the past, he has always had a roll your sleeves up mentality about him. It looks like that is starting to drain out of him, noticeably looked low on confidence, energy and enthusiasm as the game progressed.

Ashton defensively didn't look prem standard and size may well be an issue. Marcus Bent continues to struggle, Carlisle will feel he was never a threat, Ambrose continues to disappoint, while Rommedahl continues to frustrate me more than any Charlton player has ever done in the past.

Comments

• Options
    I felt Kish worked really hard first half and got a bit knackered I would even say went missing shortly before his substitution which I agreed with tonight.

Kish and missing are not words you would normally expect to see in the same sentence.
  • Options
    Last night's game was no different to many Carling Cup games I've been to previously, the players do not seem that bothered whether we go through or not, probably why we are dumped out so early as the norm. Faye superb again & a goal for bent is a pretty woeful return on positives for the night.

Was I the only one cringing when our supporters started singin Carlisles support was F***in Sh*t. In actual fact it was superb there were exactly 996 in the away end (Official count). Nice to hear 'Ten german Bombers' loads of friendly & some un-friendly banter between H & J blocks last night. All in all I enjoyed last night but unfortunately not for the football.
  • Options
    I think there were two positives from last night. First, we are in the next round. Second, I didn't have to suffer extra time or penos and got through the A2 closure just as they were putting out the bollards. The only other aspect I quite enjoyed was when kish had a go at M bent for not even trying to go for the ball when he was the closest player to it - it was in the centre of the park towards the end of the game...
  • Options
    "M Bent not even trying to go for the ball"..............could have been any one of the 90 mins.

Would rather see Lisbie out there than him
  • Options
    Can you imagine Marcus Bent and Lisbie both playing, and the constant "you were closer, no you were closer" arguments as they both stand there and watch the ball roll past....
  • Options
    M Bent did get two really good crosses in last night though, one when Rommedahl knocked it wide to him and then stopped, if he had broken into the box it would have been a tap in. The other D Bent was too far behind the ball.