Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Pie Thread

BDLBDL
edited March 2012 in Not Sports Related
What's your favourite pie?

Mines Steak and Guinness!

Comments

• Options
    pepper steak

• Options
    Can't beat Manzes imo.

Although I do like them Chicken Balti ones!
  • Options
    www.pieminister.co.uk

Hope & Glory limited edition pie is, as some one on here says a lot, 'immense'
  • Options
    I know I'm going to get stick for this but the truth is my favourite pie is.....

Fray Bentos Steak & Kidney. Love 'em!
  • Options
    I actually love Ginsters Cornish Pasty, does that count ?
  • Options
    a cream pie
  • Options
    I know I'm going to get stick for this but the truth is my favourite pie is.....

It's a bit of a guilty pleasure!!

• Options
    Home made snake and pygmy.

With mash, peas and gravy.

Oooh southern boys love gravy.
  • Options
    Home made apple pie .. and custard
  • Options
    steak and kidney pukka pie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Steak and Ale. Best at The Valley - Curry Pie.
  • Options
    All of them.
    I bloody love pie.
  • Options

So do I

• Options
    Hairy pie
  • Options
    The Barnsley meat and potato pie, circa 1985 is the Gold standard. In the absence of a time machine, the mixed meat ones you get on the deli in supermarkets, like the pork and ham ones with a bit of jelly in the middle. Spoonful of Branston, a pickled onion and a chunk of that, you have the perfect plate of grub.
  • Options
    im more of a flan man!

(the open pie).
  • Options
    Hairy pie
    It took you over 5 hours, but there was never any doubt in my mind :-)
  • Options
    Loved the Balti pies at Walsall.
  • Options
    Steak & Kidney as a rule, but if you are in Kuala Lumpur, I can introduce to the biggest and best pie ever - Venison Pie
  • Options
    Home made steak and ale.....and since you only need a half bottle of ale you get to drink the other half!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Home made steak and ale, although after 6 months in China I'd kill for any type of pie! Even chicken and mushroom!!
  • Options
    Do Jamaican patties count as a pie? Also the meat and potatoe pies at Rochdale ( well the ones they use to do about twenty years ago ).
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Best pie I've ever had was at Norwich a few years back when we played them on Boxing Day.
    They had these fantastic Delia Smith 'Christmas Pies' on sale around the ground....I had two......can't remember exactly what was in them....but they were absolutely superb!!
    Were any of you there and remember them?
  • Options
    If you like a pie (and decent ale) then this place is worth checking out.

http://www.windmillmayfair.co.uk/pie-club.php
  • Options
    It's all about slow-cooked beef, fragrant vegetables, thyme, rosemary, and just the right amount of acidity. If you get that right then I'm a happy man.
  • Options
    Had a pie at Rochdale this season that was so good I walked straight back down and got another.

Love all pies, except the Balti ones.

Just had a nice pork pie sitting in Greenwich Park.
  • Options
    Never had a Balti pie, must admit they sound like they use spice to cover up the meat!

Have to admit to loving Mrs BDL's Cottage pie - She does a mean one, its the worcester sauce that gives it the zip!
  • Options
    PIE AND MASH manzy style.
  • Options
    The Victoria Ground Hartlepool curry pie. Best ever.
    Spotland Rochdale, worst ever.
  • Options
    Cottage and shephards pie