Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derek Hales

edited March 2012 in General Charlton
Anyone know of the current whereabouts of Mr Hales? By Tuesday nights and Saturday afternoons I'm a Charlton fan but by day I'm also a second-year journalism student at the University of Kent. I have to create an interactive Flash project on someone's life story and the last I heard Killer was in my neck of the woods. I've lived in Sittingbourne my whole life but now I have a house in Gillingham, Kent, with some friends from university. Someone said he lived in Sittingbourne and I know at some stage he taught at The Howard School in Gillingham, but I don't know if he still does or where he lives now? Would be great to get in contact with him, if only to ask the question. Also, any stand-out memories any of you may have of him would be awesome; if only to hear them! Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    He writes a column in the programme, so if you contact the club (Matt Wright in the Comms Department?) they might be able to put you in touch.
  • Options
    Does he really? I've been to a few home games this season and hadn't spotted them...oh dear. Mind you, been cutting if fine at those I've been to - am usually rushing up after uni. Thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    He's now a gamekeeper.
  • Options
    On wiki ( i'm sure its true :-0) it says he's currently a PE teacher at a school in Kent?
  • Options
    Flash project? You want Mike Flanagan.
  • Options
    Anyone know of the current whereabouts of Mr Hales? By Tuesday nights and Saturday afternoons I'm a Charlton fan but by day I'm also a second-year journalism student at the University of Kent. I have to create an interactive Flash project on someone's life story and the last I heard Killer was in my neck of the woods. I've lived in Sittingbourne my whole life but now I have a house in Gillingham, Kent, with some friends from university. Someone said he lived in Sittingbourne and I know at some stage he taught at The Howard School in Gillingham, but I don't know if he still does or where he lives now? Would be great to get in contact with him, if only to ask the question. Also, any stand-out memories any of you may have of him would be awesome; if only to hear them! Cheers!
    Just a thought, but as a journalism student have you tried the School's website which contains the names of all the teaching staff?
    Or emailing the school?
    Or going there?
    Or seeing if they have a forwarding contact if he has gone?

Maybe these techniques are studied in the third year?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Hmmmm, wonder if this is WUM who only joined the forum yesterday as did AddickFC81 who has a thread running on POINTLESS / loan signings. Just a hunch.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip Floyd but I've tried the school's website which has nothing; I've e-mailed the school to no response and I've phoned them as well but all they could tell me was "I don't know, can I call you back?" to which I've also had nothing. And it's difficult just to go to the school on a whim as I'm in uni 9-5 all week and I work at the weekends. I was just posting on here to see if anyone knew, I wasn't asking for any contact details, just to see if people had heard what I heard. Also, I'm really interested in hearing stories about him, which is what I said at the end of my original post.
  • Options
    That is to say I've already tried the school in a variety of forms, with no luck :(
  • Options
    Hmmmm, wonder if this is WUM who only joined the forum yesterday as did AddickFC81 who has athread running on POINTLESS / loan signings. Just a hunch.
    Me?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wasn't there meant to be a biography about Killer?
  • Options
    Not that I was aware of. Be a damned good read though! I've read the Keith Peacock autobio, and bits of 'Lennie'.
  • Options
    Hales's biography is being released next summer he joked just in time for our return to the Premier League.
  • Options
    If you find him tell him he's playing on Saturday !
  • Options
    Working at a school.......
  • Options
    try gillingham golf club often in the 19th i beleive
  • Options
    office@thehowardschool.co.uk
  • Options
    Working at a school.......
    Really i didnt know....
  • Options
    He regularly sits in a seat close to me in the lower west
  • Options
    I've emailed and phoned them, with little luck. Have managed to get a message passed on to him so now sit and wait I suppose!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2012
    I've emailed and phoned them, with little luck. Have managed to get a message passed on to him so now sit and wait I suppose!
    Have you tried asking Charlton? (as per the second post on this thread)
  • Options
    I sent an e-mail the way of the press office and tried ringing the Communications Department but I kept getting cut off.
  • Options
    In your face offy.
  • Options
    In your face offy.
    Ha ha !

Actually, I was being genuine and sincere when I posted that (for a change!)
  • Options
    In your face offy.
    Ha ha !

Actually, I was being genuine and sincere when I posted that (for a change!)
    Sorry didn't mean for that to come across funny; appreciate everyone's advice! Just hoping I can get a chance to speak to him. Though if I do, may well end up sounding like a crazed fanboy!
  • Options
    Hi Scottee
    He is a member at Gillingham Golf Club , you could try to contact him through there - usually plays sundays and is in the clubhouse for a while afterwards..
  • Options
    Hi Scottee
    He is a member at Gillingham Golf Club , you could try to contact him through there - usually plays sundays and is in the clubhouse for a while afterwards..
    Thanks! If I don't hear back from the school by this evening I'll try tomorrow - If I can't get hold of him will have to look elsewhere for the project.
  • Options
    Mog.

Why didn't you get Fred Groves to sign as well?

You must have seen him at a game.
  • Options
    *ouch*