Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chesterfield View

edited February 2012 in General Charlton
Well I think it's safe to assume we'll not meet again for a while. I just hope the mental scars from a 4-0 humping at home don't finish us off completely.

Clearly your side were a very competent and skillfull one and far too good for us. Your crossing alone was as good as I've seen at this level. We half threatened to get into the game but the goal coming when it did was a killer for us. I thought we should have a penalty at 0-1 even if Lester made the most of it and at the time I was sure your second was offside - subsequent reports suggest it was just our static defence that aided your man's passage.

I hope you enjoyed your trip even if my evening went downhill after I'd finished my pint of Jaipur pre-game. We're done for now it seems but good luck for the rest of the season.

Comments

• appreciate your nice comments and your helpfulness in the threads leading up to the match were very kind

good luck in the future

i liked the ground ,nice sausage roll, the roof of the away end couldn't have been any lower and gave great acoustic help to make our noise seem loud to us at least but then when you're walking the league if you're not gonna sing then you never will
  • Thanks for your comments. I wasn't there but what I have read on here suggests that it was not just the result for us that made it a worthwhile trip with good reports of stadium and whole visit. Hope you pull out of trouble and if not come back stronger for it next year.
  • Well I think it's safe to assume we'll not meet again for a while. I just hope the mental scars from a 4-0 humping at home don't finish us off completely.

Clearly your side were a very competent and skillfull one and far too good for us. Your crossing alone was as good as I've seen at this level. We half threatened to get into the game but the goal coming when it did was a killer for us. I thought we should have a penalty at 0-1 even if Lester made the most of it and at the time I was sure your second was offside - subsequent reports suggest it was just our static defence that aided your man's passage.

I hope you enjoyed your trip even if my evening went downhill after I'd finished my pint of Jaipur pre-game. We're done for now it seems but good luck for the rest of the season.
    Best of luck in the JPT Chambta

• Nice ground good atmosphere and loads of good real ale boozers. Hope we do play you again but preferably not in the league unless your fortunes change!
  • Good luck Chambta, hope you stay up.
  • Good luck for the rest of the season. It has been said already but just like to add what a nice ground and good facilities you have. Would liked to have stayed around after to sample a pub or 2 but had work in the morning.
  • Very impressed with the ground, really nice and they even opened up the back doors at half time for people who wanted to smoke,friendly stewards as well.
  • great night out, we all enjoyed the pubs very nice ground . very friendly people as well , good luck in staying up
  • Well I think it's safe to assume we'll not meet again for a while. I just hope the mental scars from a 4-0 humping at home don't finish us off completely.

John Sheridan thought you were "still in it" apparently, intimating that we were "lucky".

"Not all that" is another frequently used phrase.

Personally I've always hated Sheridan since he scored that conned free kick against us in the play offs at St Andrews.

But despite all that, good luck to you and yours mate.
  • I was very impressed with the new ground, having been to Saltergate that was looking more tired, i bet your fans are in heaven (with the facilities at least). I thought the large screen tv's in the mezzanine were great. I Got caught out queueing at half-time and it was really great to see the match live, to save me panicking and running back to my seat. Parking was easy on the main road an hour before the game.

As for the fans i was stopped twice in the car park before the game by home fans mingling with away fans. A really friendly bunch. One fella asked if we could stop at '4' please, how his words came to haunt him, poor bugger. It's tough at the bottom as we found out in our recent relegations but, with a new ground and improved gates i feel your club isset up for progress. Good luck for the rest of the season and as others have said, it would be a pleasure to return to b2net albeit hopefully in a cup game.
  • Sponsored links:

• - subsequent reports suggest it was just our static defence that aided your man's passage.

I think you're refering to the cup game a few years ago when Ambrose still played for us.
  • Best wishes chambta. If all fans were like you it would be truly great. Lovely new ground. Hope you win the JPT.
  • Good luck with the JPT and the relegation fight, Chambta.

It was a pleasure to read your friendly posts.
  • Cheers fella! was very impressed with your ground and some nice pubs as well.
    Good luck for the rest of the season!
  • Thanks for the comments, shame about the original postponement as i would like to have come to your ground, hopefully we can get drawn in a cup game next season. Good luck for the rest of the season