Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Davy Jones

Gone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y08ingivLdQ&feature=related

Once played for Charlton in a testimonial

Comments

• RIP. Part of my childhood.
  • Derek Hales' at Welling.

RIP Davy
  • RIP. I think he was in Coronation Street as a youngster.
  • How sad. I idolised him as a youngster - went to see the Monkees at Wembley when I was 10, belonged to their fan club and bought all their records.
    Ditto. RIP Davy, also saw them at the Royal Albert Hall, must be around 20 years or so back. They were extremely good (but minus Mike Nesmith).

• Day dream believer------RIP
  • Wow. He must have been some form of cult fugure for all of us of a certain age

R.I.P indeed
    Same as Algarve. RIP Davy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh my god how sad.....RIP Davy ........His on the Clarkesville train to another place!!.............
  • edited February 2012
    Sad loss. 'Pleasant Valley Sunday' is one of my all time favourite songs and the Monkees TV show was a must watch for me as a kid in Canada.

RIP Davy.
  • Part of my formative years. Some enduring songs too. RIP Davy.
  • Unbelievable. The Monkees was one of my favourite programmes as a kid and to this day I still have a soft spot for many of their songs.

To think Davy was the one with the baby face unlike Mickey Dolenz who looked about 70 when he was 25.

RIP Davy.
  • He couldn't have been very old? A real shame and as others have said I have happy memories of watching him and the others from my childhood.

Much better songs than they are given credit for too.
  • Grew up watching the monkees on a saturday morning RIP
  • man, sad news.
  • Loved the Monkees and always used to watch the TV show on Saturday mornings when I was a kid. I agree their songs were better than given credit for. Another idol from when I was a kid has gone....very sad....RIP Davy Jones......
  • I told my sister about this news.
    I thought she was OK.
    Then I saw her face
  • Some classic songs and Davy was a charismatic frontman. A good memory from my childhood.
    RIP Davy.
  • Sponsored links:

I thought she was OK.
    Then I saw her face
    :-)

• Fond memoroes of watching the Monkees (and the Banana Splits) as a kid....Davy and Mickey were both favourites of mine. RIP
  • really sad and upsetting news ..grew up with them on TV and the music.......he was on TV last week..RIP
    I thought she was OK.
    Then I saw her face
    :-)

Now I'm a berever.

• Loved the TV show when I was a kid and always enjoyed their music.

I bought their greatest hits album a few years ago and the notes inside the CD gave a fairly lengthy history of the band. Whilst many people criticised them for being manufactured and not playing their own instruments they were in fact all talented musicians - just not on the instruments that the record/TV execs wanted them 'playing'. It should have been Tork on guitar, Nesmith on bass, and Jones on drums, with Dolenz as singer.

RIP Davy Jones.
  • Great band. The monkees was essential viewing on a sat morning in my house as a kid..............

R.I.P
  • Rip Davy, loved the monkees, first real created pop band apart from the archies, they had some cracking songs tho, bit like take that i suppose but more fun.
  • Fond childhood memories for a lot of us of the Monkees, RIP Davy on the Last Train out of Clarksville.
  • Seems to have struck a cord with us old uns... long summer school holidays, The monkees on tv, Bannana Splits... heaven. God bless you Davy Jones