Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Engerland v Olland

I'm off to wemberlee tonight. Anyone else going?

Comments

• Options
    Scott Parker's goin .. 'es in charge ineeee
  • Options
    Heskeeeey Should've been made captain. ; )
  • Options
    Hope to see an ultra defensive performance where we win narrowly or draw 0-0 (undeservedly) but don't concede. Why? Because playing this way is the only chance we have in the Euros!
  • Options
    Disappointed it took a whole twenty five minutes for a negative post about England. Sort yourselves out!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Hope to see an ultra defensive performance where we win narrowly or draw 0-0 (undeservedly) but don't concede. Why? Because playing this way is the only chance we have in the Euros!
    agreed, Holland were rubbish in the World Cup yet still got to the final .. how Van Bommel and De Jong weren't up on assault charges long before the final game will remain a mystery ... a defensive, niggly team with a bit of a nasty streak will win out over a skilled, ball playing side more often than not. Spain showed their nasty side when we last played and beat them. England's traditional strengths have been tenacity and teamwork .. long may that continue
  • Options
    no hope.
  • Options
    That's better!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Three Dutch addicks at Chesterfield last night said they would be going in the England end to cheer us on! I guess supporting Charlton can have that sort of effect on you................hang on what are those men in white coats doing walking down my drive?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Wouldn't hope for it to continue but until we actually coach our kids better we need to stick with what we are best at. We can win the Euros if we are suitably negative and if we do, will we realy care how we have done it?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    1-0 England, Parker 30 yard screamer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wouldn't hope for it to continue but until we actually coach our kids better we need to stick with what we are best at. We can win the Euros if we are suitably negative and if we do, will we realy care how we have done it?
    so true .. ever since uncle Alf Ramsey manager after manager has tried to get English players to 'go continental' .. what a waste of time, DON'T join 'em, just beat 'em
  • Options
    I bet we win tonight and then everyon will think we have won the euros and then the euros will come and we will be out 2nd round
  • Options
    I bet we win tonight and then everyon will think we have won the euros and then the euros will come and we will be out 2nd round
    We've already beaten Spain!!!
  • Options
    Three Dutch addicks at Chesterfield last night said they would be going in the England end to cheer us on! I guess supporting Charlton can have that sort of effect on you................hang on what are those men in white coats doing walking down my drive?
    'Ark at you and yer fancy drive
  • Options
    lol ^^
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Excuse me! I thought we were all middle class tossers on here?
  • Options

You are right.
    I can only say, sorry. ;-)

• Options
    edited February 2012

You are right.
    I can only say, sorry. ;-)

SoundAsa£
    to take note please, swift apology made and accepted.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Haven't watched England since the world cup. Really lost interest after that tournament. However, I really hope Stuart Pearce does well. In my opinion, At International level you dont need to be a top coach, the main thing is you have the respect of the players around you who will listen to what you are telling them (think Franz Beckenbauer & Jurgen Klinsmann who had no previous experience). Pearce fits the bill in that respect. A win tonight & he could welll get the job full time. Harry Redkanapp will not be able to wheel & deal to get players in on the cheap.
  • Options
    Haven't watched England since the world cup. Really lost interest after that tournament. However, I really hope Stuart Pearce does well. In my opinion, At International level you dont need to be a top coach, the main thing is you have the respect of the players around you who will listen to what you are telling them (think Franz Beckenbauer & Jurgen Klinsmann who had no previous experience). Pearce fits the bill in that respect. A win tonight & he could welll get the job full time. Harry Redkanapp will not be able to wheel & deal to get players in on the cheap.

I was with you until you said "in on the cheap" he doesn't really do that, does he?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ouch that's gotta hurt!
  • Options
    0-2. Two in a minute. Smalling badly hurt.
  • Options
    I cant stand pearce. ever since he did that pizza hut advert. 2 bob manager.

Mysteriously, there is no trace of the advert on YouTube.

• Options
    2 great goals...
  • Options
    Kids did alright, much prefer watching that, than the normal dross that is Terry & co
  • Options
    Theo Walcott needs to be replace by Oxlade Chamberlain in a couple of years when he is ready.
  • Options
    FFS
  • Options
    Average game how Sturridge got MOTM was beyond me. Parker was our best player then Richards.
  • Options
    Thought the young internatioanally inexperienced team were outclassed by a first choice dutch side but they showed more character than an England side for years.

Would happily that team went out to Poland and Ukraine in Summer. Would be lucky to make it out the group but then again most "star" filled England teams are. Showed a lot of passion, pride, guts and gratitude to be playing for the shirt and great to see an England legend in charge even though he he himself is the first to admit he's nowhere near ready for the gig full time.

The lack of posts on this thread maybe shows how disillusioned a lot have become with the egos and rooney-esque tantrums of recent years and so hopefully a tide has turned.

Looking forward to the first tournament in memory where we can go in without the media frenzy hyping us up to be world beaters. We are an above average international team with some very good players but miles behind a good few in Europe so hoping it will be a pressure- free build up compared to the intense expectation of prior times.

Proud of them last night.
  • Options
    Great first half then poor for half hour of the second. Smalling culpable for first two goals though not helped by noone stopping the cross for the second, but hope the lad is ok. Decent game on balance. Worth the 30 notes.