Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

"chuggers,hawkers and beggars"

edited February 2012 in General Charlton
not an alternative song title for cher

perhaps i am getting a bit too old for this but just walked about 200 yards along moorgate

i have been offered a paintballing day ,a big issue,the chance to sign up for the wwf(not the wrestling) and asked for a bit of change for a packet of cigs ...i also managed to ignore the ads in the call boxes offering much more

does this happen elsewhere in central london ? i guess it does ....but it does begin to grate a bit

Comments

• all i was asking for was 50p to go towards a pack of marlboro lights. cheap bastard.
  • I thought you were quoting the sign Mike Bailey used to have on the door of The White Horse....
  • not an alternative song title for cher

perhaps i am getting a bit too old for this but just walked about 200 yards along moorgate

i have been offered a paintballing day ,a big issue,the chance to sign up for the wwf(not the wrestling) and asked for a bit of change for a packet of cigs ...i also managed to ignore the ads in the call boxes offering much more

does this happen elsewhere in central london ? i guess it does ....but it does begin to grate a bit
    It happens all over the country. My town has 1 main road which is patrolled by 4-5 charity guys on a daily basis, every day a different group/charity. The worst part is, I know what kinda money these collectors get and it makes donating pointless as you end up just paying a wage
  • Annoying bastards at Cannon St last week standing in the narrow space at the bottom of the exit stairs (narrow due to the 'improvement works') claiming that the queue would move quicker if we all donated to meningitis research. No, you beardy twat, the queue would move quicker if you got the fuck out of everyone's way!
  • Big Issue seller outside ASDA Swanley, dressed well with a brand new pair of trainers on talking on iphone. He must shift some papers!
  • We have a lot of 'bissue' sellers outside boots. It always strikes me as weird that they just shout the name. If they shouted 'exclusive interview with Paul McCartney' for example, that might attract more people. Especially given that they can't even be bothered to form the two seperate words of big and issue.
  • Two of my engineers worked late in London last week, the one in charge told the young lad to start taking the gear down to the van around midnight, after humping quite a bit of gear i.e. tools, steps, cable etc down the stairs and out to the van the young one crouched down and leaned against the wall to get his breath back.

A guy in a suit walked buy and my guy went to ask him the time, he said "excuse me...." and before he could finish the suit tossed him a £1 and said go and get a cup of tea.

The kid is getting slaughtered at work this week, we keep throwing £1 coins at him

:-)
  • A mate of mine once bought a scruffy old chap outside McDonalds a cup of coffee, to be met with "you cheeky sod, I'm waiting for my wife..."
  • How many of those offering there services were 'locals' ?

Ours all come from Bristol.
  • edited February 2012
    A mate of mine once bought a scruffy old chap outside McDonalds a cup of coffee, to be met with "you cheeky sod, I'm waiting for my wife..."
    mind you, that coffee tasted good .. he might have bought one for my missus as well though